Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cm vince menacing the teenage mutant ninja turtles with his partner shredder

his name is VK Punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

That DICK! posted:

vince mcmahon has gone to new lengths to ensure his triumphant return to the wwe universe...

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

his name is VK Punk

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

his name is VK Punk

And he has brought gift cards.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Trying posted:

I have no mouth, and I must scwweam

i liked this

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Thank you EMF and That DICK!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
I know that people here don't like WWE and they're right but I wanted to tell a cute story about some of my students.

I showed a picture of the 1852 painting "Union" and asked my students who they saw in the picture. One kid said "John Cena" and I said "no you don't, there's no way.... You can't see him" and one girl kinda looked at me. Most other kids were looking at the picture on their desks so I did the waving hand over the face thing and she flipped out and yelled "did you guys see Mr. Grem do the face thing?" Less of a fan thany one Roman Reigns loving student but it was cute.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

That DICK! posted:

vince mcmahon has gone to new lengths to ensure his triumphant return to the wwe universe...

Vince, Phil, Johnny Ace, and an unnamed personal trainer "shunting" into a single fleshy mass like the end of the movie Society.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

maruhkati posted:

Vince, Phil, Johnny Ace, and an unnamed personal trainer "shunting" into a single fleshy mass like the end of the movie Society.

The straight edge society waits for youuuuu

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleopolis posted:

I was looking through the internet to look at posts about Punk's injury. I saw one hypothesis about Punk on Reddit's SquaredCircle and I didn't think much of it (due to being Reddit), but reading it start to make actual sense.

What if Punk being Straight Edge IS the problem with his injuries?

Punk is 45, which is getting up there in terms of a wrestling career. What if because of his own beliefs and ego, he is not take the right supplements to keep his body in a proper shape for such an age? I mean for gently caress's sake look at Sting and Billy Gunn. They're in their 60's and doing thing normal people in their 60's should never do. They are OBVIOUSLY on the good steroids and supplements, not to mention proper exercise and diet.

Punk looks like he is on a well-maintained diet and regular exercise, but I do wonder that Punk in his Straight Edge mentality considers "drugs". The obvious he doesn't drink or smoke or take things recreationally. What if he abstains from vitamins and supplements to help an aging body?

Punk is in good shape for the average person in their mid-40's, but his beliefs are killing his wrestling career at his age now.

clean people dont suffer multiple tricep tears.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it turns out The Miz is Unbreakable and CM Punk is Mr Glass

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Miz’s weakness is catching people on the outside of the ring.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And also bonking his noggin on the arena floor after getting clobbered by Cena.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

edogawa rando posted:

And also bonking his noggin on the arena floor after getting clobbered by Cena.

So committed to not catching people he can't even catch himself...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

So committed to not catching people he can't even catch himself...

Caught the floor instead.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

it's funny because its true

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it's funny because its mean

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

STONE COLD 64 posted:

They do when they've spent 25 years wrestling, most of them hurt in one way or another. Wrestling is really, really hard on your body. You don't just do roids and not get bigger and then tear a muscle. The roid tears happen when the muscle becomes too strong for the ligaments. If Punk was roiding enough to tear his tricep, you would be able to tell at a glance.

There's plenty of reasons to hate on Punk, no need to invent new ones.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

that mfer is on tren

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Freudian slippers posted:

They do when they've spent 25 years wrestling, most of them hurt in one way or another. Wrestling is really, really hard on your body. You don't just do roids and not get bigger and then tear a muscle. The roid tears happen when the muscle becomes too strong for the ligaments. If Punk was roiding enough to tear his tricep, you would be able to tell at a glance.

i wouldn’t say he has spent 25 years wrestling

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He's eatin those trenbolone sanwiches

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If a doctor prescribes it then it doesn’t count this is entry level poo poo and you’re talking about an Olympic calibre mental gymnast

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CM Pills

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Has anyone made one of Punk being pulled out of the leg lamp crate from A Christmas Story?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Freudian slippers posted:

I'd have to find it again but I read a study in the past few years where doctors examined clean bodybuilders and steroid users. Clean lifters clocked no upper body tendon ruptures while the users had something like a 17% instance of upper body ruptures.

So Punk must be remarkably, impossibly unlucky to blow two upper body tendons while being clean.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I can buy that he blew two tendons clean but it also means he's either sick and doesn't know it or the wear and tear on his body is so bad that he should not be in the ring and he built up that wear and tear in a shorter time than most wrestlers which is very unlucky. That's really it, he's either juiced or is one of the unluckiest people to live.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Everyone in pro wrestling is on gear. It's a body business.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Dango Bango posted:

Everyone in pro wrestling is on gear. It's a body business.

Punk always looked like an old drug addict, even though I don't think he ever really juiced.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

TheKingslayer posted:

I'd have to find it again but I read a study in the past few years where doctors examined clean bodybuilders and steroid users. Clean lifters clocked no upper body tendon ruptures while the users had something like a 17% instance of upper body ruptures.

So Punk must be remarkably, impossibly unlucky to blow two upper body tendons while being clean.

If Punk had been injured bodybuilding, this would be applicable. But he wasn't, he was injured in wrestling, which is a completely different set of circumstances and stresses on the body.

No idea if he's clean or not, just pointing out that this doesn't prove anything either way.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I think we can all agree that the best outcome is punk has been on steroids the whole time and has looked like poo poo for the past 20 some years regardless of the gear

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah as funny as it would be if this was clear evidence of punk being gassed up it feels pretty obvious that there’s a difference between the kind of strain you’re putting a body through lifting heavy things up and down vs getting thrown around in a wrestling ring

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

EVGA Longoria posted:

If Punk had been injured bodybuilding, this would be applicable. But he wasn't, he was injured in wrestling, which is a completely different set of circumstances and stresses on the body.

No idea if he's clean or not, just pointing out that this doesn't prove anything either way.

The study specified the injuries usually didn't occur while lifting weights but usually from lifting mundane objects, falls, or during sports activity.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

TheKingslayer posted:

The study specified the injuries usually didn't occur while lifting weights but usually from lifting mundane objects, falls, or during sports activity.

I'm not aware of many other sports that involve catching other grown mean flying at you at maximum speed and then falling onto concrete, so I'm still gonna say none of those are really comparable to the strains at speeds they'd be seeing in wrestling. But fair enough.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cm punk is on the barry bonds gear, he’s juiced out of his mind

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think it's heartbreaking that Hangman's chops made Punk fear for his life so deeply that he felt forced to break his long held ethical code and get on the gas in an act of self-defense. Sloppy shop.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It is entirely possible to do steroids and still look like garbage.

The dude in Icarus got on the juice and did worse at sports than when he was off it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TheKingslayer posted:

I doubt he's on the gas. I think his issue is that he's not particularly athletic and has been pushing himself to perform at the level of his often highly-athletic peers for decades. His body isn't suited for the poo poo he's been doing with it and now it's breaking down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CombineThresher posted:

I doubt he's on the gas. I think his issue is that he's not particularly athletic and has been pushing himself to perform at the level of his often highly-athletic peers for decades. His body isn't suited for the poo poo he's been doing with it and now it's breaking down.

lol remember when he botched two buck shot lariots in a row?