Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scarabrae posted:

weird because I’ve heard its the cancer you want to get

Oh, for sure, for sure. My wife's dad got it 10 years ago and he's still walking around. Mine otoh got it in the pancreas and was dead in 14 months,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

bedpan posted:

backstory on the normal rockwell painting: the guy taking a stand was trying to prevent the local school, which had burn to the ground, from being rebuilt

A truer American patriot couldn't exist unless he was also the guy who burned it down

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mostly Lurking posted:

It's nice to want things to change. It's fine to be a leftist and say you won't vote for a liberal. It's also kicking and screaming like a baby with no actual understanding for how politics in our country works and no eye towards the future.

If you don't like foreign policy then change domestic policy. You can't change what we do abroad until we fix our issues at home. In fact, our foreign policy will be the last thing to change. Refusing to vote or voting in a counterproductive manner just slows everything down.

Meh, almost all of you know this already.

smol beans for genocide and austerity

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1753041369382445192

These fuckers own the party.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love America and I love Elmo and I love the Democrat Party.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nichael posted:

posted this in the biosphere thread but it's succ too.

I'm in a climate rights class at school, and it's going to give me an aneurysm from how loving emotional I get in here. I'm pleading with a room of tepid Ducklos that you cannot use traditional tactics in the law to deal with climate change, and everyone, every time is like "that's very nice Nichael :) anyway back to why this is fine"

So I guess you aren't going to be reading How to Blow Up a Pipeline or any other measured response to climate mediocrity

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So I guess you aren't going to be reading How to Blow Up a Pipeline or any other measured response to climate mediocrity

these people are nice, they're trying. I just don't know what to say after a point, and I know I can be annoying to them, but this topic absolutely breaks me. if anything, I'd say law could maybe be useful to helping to defend protesters and activists, but it can't do anything on the national or international scale because that is rigged beyond measure.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

mrbotus posted:

"Muslims don't like dogs" sounds like a rablib saying "Muslims hate gay people," but I'm ignorant on the subject.

It’s iffy with some hardline Muslims but for the most part they’re fine with dogs and many have them as pets, though they’re not as popular as cats. The seluki dog breed is strongly bonded to Bedouin tribes and do a lot of hunting for them

MadSparkle has issued a correction as of 18:01 on Feb 1, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't think a sweeping generalization in regards to a given religion and animals based on scripture is appropriate. Catholics, for instance, think animals are effectively supernatural automatons in the afterlife, as they lack souls. I really doubt normal, everyday Catholics believe that because that's bizarre and sort of chilling.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they own both parties

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Gripweed posted:

They didn’t have loving bandaids in the 19th century! Jesus Christ, did he not do a second draft of this poo poo?

I like how pointing out that Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew is better written than Miranda's slop makes you the rear end in a top hat

Nothus has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Feb 1, 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

We asked Abdullah about the Qur'anic verse: "Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they are alive, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord." (iii. 169). He said: We asked the meaning of the verse (from the Holy Prophet) who said:

The souls, of the martyrs live in the bodies of green birds who have their nests in chandeliers hung from the throne of the Almighty. They eat the fruits of Paradise from wherever they like and then nestle in these chandeliers. Once their Lord cast a glance at them and said: Do ye want anything? They said: What more shall we desire? We eat the fruit of Paradise from wherever we like. Their Lord asked them the same question thrice. When they saw that they will continue to be asked and not left (without answering the question). they said: O Lord, we wish that Thou mayest return our souls to our bodies so that we may be slain in Thy way once again. When He (Allah) saw that they had no need, they were left (to their joy in heaven).

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Nichael posted:

I don't think a sweeping generalization in regards to a given religion and animals based on scripture is appropriate. Catholics, for instance, think animals are effectively supernatural automatons in the afterlife, as they lack souls. I really doubt normal, everyday Catholics believe that because that's bizarre and sort of chilling.

Was "all dogs go to heaven" one of Luther's 95 theses?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Islam also says all animals worship and acknowledge Allah through their own ways.

Weembles posted:

Was "all dogs go to heaven" one of Luther's 95 theses?

I ain't reading all that so I'm gonna assume so.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

pay them better

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there’s a million different schools of Islamic thought, some are cool with dogs and others were founded by iron crowed

regardless of whether it's true or not the prophet pbuh was definitely a cat person

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the occupation of Iraq used dogs to sniff out explosives on iraqis. many Iraqis consider dogs filthy creatures and did not like having to be sniffed to cross a checkpoint. winning hearts and minds as always.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nichael posted:

What Christian denomination has the Correct take on the animal afterlife

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

I'll start the gig app. I'll need federal funding for it, of course. I think $60 billion ought to cover it, but there might be some overages.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/nytimes/status/1753106912395305390?s=20

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wow.....four people. I can see that Butcher Biden is serious about ending this genocide.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

What Christian denomination has the Correct take on the animal afterlife

scientology

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love joker Kamala in the backseat.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

I love joker Kamala in the backseat.

Lmao I just thought it was one of his daughters. That’s a terrible Kamala

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol no it isn’t in many ways it is worse

Have you considered that it's, in fact, cool to pee your pants?

Didn't think so. :smug:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That comic reminds me so much of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I never get tired of cackling Kamala

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nichael posted:

posted this in the biosphere thread but it's succ too.

I'm in a climate rights class at school, and it's going to give me an aneurysm from how loving emotional I get in here. I'm pleading with a room of tepid Ducklos that you cannot use traditional tactics in the law to deal with climate change, and everyone, every time is like "that's very nice Nichael :) anyway back to why this is fine"

Burn the land and boil the sea
U can't take the sky from me :unsmith:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

drake no: crack ping

drake yes:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Why is the pool of blood not on the grill too? Did Obama kill another cook on the hood?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1753064323419975707

Dem voters line up like nice little hogs, don't they.........

I would wager most Democrats view Schiff as "the most liberal" among those options, solely because he's the one they see most vocally attacking Trump (which is how they define "how liberal" you are).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nichael posted:

weird that Catholicism understands the non existence of souls and brains being chemical computers but only for non-humans lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

What a beautifully laundered news story.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Gripweed posted:

They didn’t have loving bandaids in the 19th century! Jesus Christ, did he not do a second draft of this poo poo?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/scottbudman/status/1753115369508925687?s=20