Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If Trump gives me an extra arm I might consider voting for him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Pretty sure that is AI the guy on the right has 3 arms.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I'm more concerned about them registering voters who have 3 arms.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Vire posted:

Don't kink shame.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I think that same poll also had haley beating biden by 5

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

We're still too early, polling is still broken to the point where it's closer to astrology than statistical sampling, and the percentage is still too high for Trump, but lol that the orgs that are known for good polling are showing Biden ahead and gaining.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
can't believe something awful dot com posters would be three-armed-voter-phobic smdh

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The media is going to try to will a Trump win into existence. He's gonna get blown out.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Hail Hydra!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

What would you do with it?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Vire posted:

5 point swing to Biden with a MOE of 2.4%. Yep Trump is going to start flinging ketchup and poo poo on Truth social haha. Can't wait for him to call fox news very unfair and biased against him and that no one watches fox anymore because its garbage.

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a rethread of good ol' poll unskewing at this point. Trump is making so much nonsensical noise about them that no one else in the GOP seems to be willing to touch the subject of poll accuracy with a ten-foot pole.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Waltzing Along posted:

The media is going to try to will a Trump win into existence. He's gonna get blown out.

God willing he drags down the whole party and they get slaughtered down the ballot.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just a quick reminder that Biden can win the popular vote by 4 points and still end up losing in electoral votes

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I'm glad that the underlying problems with polling and the lack of proper context for poll respondents that made polls laughably inexcusable yesterday have all been resolved

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stink Billyums posted:

I think that same poll also had haley beating biden by 5

Which is expected, because Haley is basically "generic Republican" at this point. I'm willing to bet "generic Democrat" beats "generic Republican"

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm glad that the underlying problems with polling and the lack of proper context for poll respondents that made polls laughably inexcusable yesterday have all been resolved

but this one says your favorite president (trump!) is in the gutter with the piss tape so therefore it must be sound and good

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Vire posted:

All the better to vote 1.5 times as hard with to Mak America Grøat elg Aegian.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Aramis posted:

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a rethread of good ol' poll unskewing at this point. Trump is making so much nonsensical noise about them that no one else in the GOP seems to be willing to touch the subject of poll accuracy with a ten-foot pole.

Vire posted:

God willing he drags down the whole party and they get slaughtered down the ballot.

Pretty sure everyone who isn't an absolute true-believer brainwashed sycophant and is still in the GOP (so, like, two aides and maybe a secretary?) knows precisely where this is going. Trump's going to suck a ton of funding and support away from the only actually electable candidate left running against him, and he's most likely going to suffer from a major vaporlock or just absolutely gut donations to the GOP/RNC for the next generation if he doesn't by way of hoovering it out of a bunch of suckers pockets.

The only smart thing to do right now is to let him thrash about until he either wears himself out for good, or he manages to get his mouth around something big mac shaped to shut him up for a bit. Or, you know, he loving dies. Which is pretty likely, doomposting and vehemence aside. Man ain't doing hot at all.

They may do middling on this year's polls, but... Well, I don't know if some states will even have an organized Republican party after this year considering how a lot of the local ones are going broke trying to support the weight of all the grifters trying to cash out at the same time.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

cr0y posted:

She is, quite literally, a clown.

I couldn't imagine having to spend even one second anywhere near her.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

kazil posted:

Which is expected, because Haley is basically "generic Republican" at this point. I'm willing to bet "generic Democrat" beats "generic Republican"

That poll is useless because if Haley somehow won the nomination Trump would run 3rd party still and torpedo the vote. The only way Haley doesn't have to deal with Trump is if he dies before November and I would bet people still would write him in lol.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1753062183578038294

Justice for the twink that got railed in the Senate hearing room.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

God it would be soooo awesome if Trump ran as a 3rd party/write in.

Negligible chance of happening, but it's possible. And I like to dream of the utter destruction of the Republican party.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The thing that gets me about MTG is how much she's enjoying herself. She's constantly smiling and laughing while doing poo poo like interrupting the State of the Union or hanging anti-trans posters in the halls of Congress.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1753062183578038294

Justice for the twink that got railed in the Senate hearing room.

He should run for office. "Tired of getting screwed by the government? Send me to Washington and I'll get screwed in your place!"

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I keep getting pestered to be in a tracking poll and I've so far ignored it. I know I'm just one data point, but I think probably everyone I know would also just be like nah lol not clicking some link in an unsolicited text

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ya'll are pointing out dude's third arm, meanwhile I can't get over how the AI staged the scene in the second pic where the canvasser looks like he's coming out of the guy's house and meeting him on his own doorstep.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The thing that gets me about MTG is how much she's enjoying herself. She's constantly smiling and laughing while doing poo poo like interrupting the State of the Union or hanging anti-trans posters in the halls of Congress.

It's a drug.

My aunt fell into the hyper-conservative-religious-evangelical hole after getting diagnosed with MS years ago and she's this exact same way. Miserable unless she's stirring poo poo and 'speaking truth to power' or whatever it was she called it, last we talked. Mostly it just involves her ranting about the Anunaki and migrants to anyone who will listen.

Anger and outrage is loving addictive as gently caress. Said a million times before and it'll be said a million times hence.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That poll’s sampling methodology lol:

quote:

The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Doug Schwartz, Ph.D. since 1994, conducts independent, non-partisan national and state polls on politics and issues. Surveys adhere to industry best practices and are based on random samples of adults using random digit dialing with live interviewers calling landlines and cell phones.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vire posted:

That poll is useless because if Haley somehow won the nomination Trump would run 3rd party still and torpedo the vote. The only way Haley doesn't have to deal with Trump is if he dies before November and I would bet people still would write him in lol.

It’s this. Trump would be a record breaking write-in candidate nationally if he’s not printed on the ballot for any reason, making a Republican win impossible.

As for Nikki Haley, all anyone knows about her is she’s Not Trump and Trump doesn’t like her. It’s the same thing with Liz Cheney - all the shitlibs and moderates think they’re both great because they don’t know their policies. Same with RFK Jr for a hot minute there; “oh a Democratic alternative to Biden and he’s a Kennedy?!” Didn’t take them long to go, “OH NO!!!” once they heard him talk.

So even if Haley somehow ended up the nom, her position on abortion, her position on LGBT, and her Civil War comments in NH would sink her with the shitlibs and moderates, and the chuds would hate her for not being Trump. :lol:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I promised a while back I would only post good LGBTQ news:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1752819178287878229?s=20

https://twitter.com/OneIowa/status/1752800216242086115?s=20

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

They couldn't find a black guy to wear a MAGA hat? they had to AI this? They couldn't find a stock image of a black man wearing a generic red hat to photoshop the MAGA onto? That man has 3 arms this isn't even cherry picked AI this is zero shot.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Weeping Creeping Jesus, thread. Even goddamn USPOL USCE banned electoralism discussion. Get it together.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Republican victory in 2024 depends on their being able to do something they can't even be bothered to set up a real photo shoot for.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Random Stranger posted:

We're still too early, polling is still broken to the point where it's closer to astrology than statistical sampling, and the percentage is still too high for Trump, but lol that the orgs that are known for good polling are showing Biden ahead and gaining.

the larger thing is that trump will believe it and throw a tantrum about it, really

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pinche Rudo posted:

That poll’s sampling methodology lol:

That's normal for this day and age though? :confused:

I mean I'd look at the percentages of cell v land and if it's more land that's a massive problem for "TRUMP"

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

nine-gear crow posted:

Ya'll are pointing out dude's third arm, meanwhile I can't get over how the AI staged the scene in the second pic where the canvasser looks like he's coming out of the guy's house and meeting him on his own doorstep.

He’s also wearing jeans in the first picture and khakis in the second.

Edit: And a loving sweater in the first one and a short-sleeved shirt in the second. Maybe he’s talking to the guy after going into his house to borrow some clothes?

Almost Smart fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 1, 2024

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Disco Pope posted:

Maybe it's the circles I'm in, but I'm seeing a lot of "never Biden" posting for honestly frankly understandable and principled reasons.

How likely is that to be much of a threat? I'm assuming a lot of those people vote independently or not at all anyway.

When push comes to shove it's all performative.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

literally nobody has said that's an unimpeachable poll but just keep on with whatever the hell you are talking about rep. greene

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tek79 posted:

Republican victory in 2024 depends on their being able to do something they can't even be bothered to set up a real photo shoot for.

Something something power of positive thinking...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mudlark posted:

It's a drug.

My aunt fell into the hyper-conservative-religious-evangelical hole after getting diagnosed with MS years ago and she's this exact same way. Miserable unless she's stirring poo poo and 'speaking truth to power' or whatever it was she called it, last we talked. Mostly it just involves her ranting about the Anunaki and migrants to anyone who will listen.

Anger and outrage is loving addictive as gently caress. Said a million times before and it'll be said a million times hence.

It's really bad for you, OP, and it's definitely a prevalent heroin on these very forums.