Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1753109075959931385

Incredible. NFL teams hiring poo poo coaches over some of the best coaches in the league so that GMs and Team Presidents can protect their desks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lol Bill demanding roster control

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fighting over Schotty. Grim.
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1753094820640469025?s=20

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If I were Dallas I would definitely let him out to call plays for a rival.

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1753109075959931385

Incredible. NFL teams hiring poo poo coaches over some of the best coaches in the league so that GMs and Team Presidents can protect their desks.

What the gently caress has BB done since Brady left? Come on man...

Hes a loving washed up coached...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

RG333 posted:

Get sabotaged by Bill the GM. He's still a better coach than Dan Quinn

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RG333 posted:

Hes a loving washed up coached...

This idea that Belichick just forgot how to coach is hilarious.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Hiring the guy that lost the 28-3 Superbowl over the guy that won it. A land of contrasts indeed.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Most of the reports have basically said that he still wants personnel/GM-type powers and that's why he hasn't gotten hired anywhere.

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Looks at the Patriots records the last 4 years..

You hate on Saleh but give BB this leash?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RG333 posted:

Looks at the Patriots records the last 4 years..

You hate on Saleh but give BB this leash?

You're really comparing Saleh's record to Bill Belichick's? Did the NFL incorporate 4 years ago?

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Bro I try to give you some credit McMagic. I do..

But holy loving poo poo.... Why do you think 7 organizations looked at BB and said no thanks..

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RG333 posted:

Bro I try to give you some credit McMagic. I do..

But holy loving poo poo.... Why do you think 7 organizations looked at BB and said no thanks..

We all know that NFL teams always know exactly which coach to hire and really have awesome records of hiring the right guys consistently. Especially teams like the Commies/***Skins, the Falcons, the Titans and the Panthers ect. Those teams really do nothing but make correct decisions, right?

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Exactly like the Jets...

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
And don't give me the poo poo either. You strike gold with a good coach. Thats how thiis poo poo works.

The players know they have millions of dollars in the bank. They just want a dude who respects their work ethic and wants to win..

gently caress. the NFL chess board. The top moves the players and go from there...

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1753110078465667193

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I get why a team would want to stay away from Belichick but why hire Quinn over Vrabel?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RG333 posted:

Exactly like the Jets...

Do you think I've said the Jets make good decisions? lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

solarjetman posted:

I get why a team would want to stay away from Belichick but why hire Quinn over Vrabel?

My hypothesis: Vrabel got ousted from the Titans because of a conflict with management/ownership. Quinn is willing to play nice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NFL teams are full of people who are way more interested in keeping their job than winning. This has always been true.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Vrabel would have been a better hire over Quinn

Belichick too, but not if they gave him roster control, which is probably what he wanted. Bill the GM sucks rear end and you cannot count on him to make good choices for a rebuild at this stage

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Dan Quinn to Washington. That is so dire. #2 overall pick, new ownership, real cheap talent on the roster, and they throw it all away on Dan Quinn.

Woof.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

My hypothesis: Vrabel got ousted from the Titans because of a conflict with management/ownership. Quinn is willing to play nice.

Yeah this was pretty much the take I heard on one of the Athletic podcasts. Worry that he's like one rung below Belichick in terms of being an obstinate dick who would feud with and try to overrule the front office. I don't know if this is a correct take or not but it's out there.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1753123259694870716?t=RAb6TJQsLT-FkAtAOR26Lw&s=19

If not for the career ending injury Orr would still be playing for the Ravens. Wild hire, hope he dominates.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kidcoelacanth posted:

i can't wait for my first day of my head coaching job, where i'll come in and call the QB i'm stuck with a big stupid sack of poo poo. everyone will love this

lol i choked on a grape a little bit reading this

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

But it worked so well for Sean Peyton in Denver.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Belichick can't be trusted with building a roster anymore. If he's stubborn about having personnel control it is a justifiable deal breaker.

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

marxismftw posted:

Bro come on with this comment...

Peyton is trying his drat best to salvage what the last regime left him...

And he has.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

marxismftw posted:

Hackett treated Russ like he was gods gift and Russ was awful. Payton treated him like poo poo and he got better. Bullying works.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

marxismftw posted:

That is working.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who's the constant dotdotdot rereg guy.

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ..

Everyone in the Jets front office needs to be fired.

It has to be a loving clean sweep. EVERYONE.

I don't care about your families our blah blah. Jesus Christ. Everyone from top to bottom needs to go....

But keep doing the same poo poo and by god lets go with 41 year old Rodgers...

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

A little surprised it wasn’t Weaver but I like Zach Orr.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MJeff posted:

Someone you should cover your drink around.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MJeff posted:

Seriously he posts like my dad sends emails.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry to me Dan Quinn will always be the insane stevia internet guy

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Cash Monet posted:

Belichick can't be trusted with building a roster anymore. If he's stubborn about having personnel control it is a justifiable deal breaker.

Belichick to Dallas as DC. Jerry gets to fire McCarthy And have a head coach ready to take him to the promised land as soon as McCarthy flames out. Hard to argue about roster control when the GM is the owner 🤔

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1753136708323819930

this mf named after what i call my cats' feet

RG333
Feb 1, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
Mangles if I ever loving come to Chicago, I want to meet you and have a pizza / beer / bulls. game / cubs game / bears game

Cauce you seem like chill cool dude. Same with Dexo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

He’s the guy who took over for Joe Brady at LSU after LSU won the title in 2019 and Brady went to the NFL. It didn’t go very well for him though it’s hard to say how much of that was his fault.