Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Egg Moron posted:

Democrats have a tough sell this year even though they’ve done so much such as

1. Get more racist against Muslims and immigrants

2. Give weapons to literal Nazis in Ukraine (and lose the war anyway)

3. Bankroll an unrepentant genocide in gaza

4. Lose ground on every culture war issue their base cares about

5. Preside over the nastiest inflation spike in recent memory

6. Loosen environmental regulations to allow more fossil fuel extraction and consumption

they're promising to do even more of all of these so no worries mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Egg Moron posted:

Democrats have a tough sell this year even though they’ve done so much such as

1. Get more racist against Muslims and immigrants

2. Give weapons to literal Nazis in Ukraine (and lose the war anyway)

3. Bankroll an unrepentant genocide in gaza

4. Lose ground on every culture war issue their base cares about

5. Preside over the nastiest inflation spike in recent memory

6. Loosen environmental regulations to allow more fossil fuel extraction and consumption

bUt hAvE U SeeN da Other GuY???

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Hatebag posted:

7. not giving me the 600 fuckin dollars they promised!

Biden give me my loving money

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I think just standing by and whining as republicans gutted the power they have where elected and doing nothing to reduce gerrymandering+voter suppression should go in that list of fuckups that'll hurt them in 2024. There's the doubly whammy of the person on the street not liking whiners and also a reduction in power of the remaining VBNW voters in battleground areas.

As dumb as the rightwing grifters trying to get attention by turning Taylor Swift into a culture war issue has been, it's even more pathetic seeing libs do it. I'm seeing dummies post conspiracy theories about the GOP organizing their base to hate her as some electoral strategy to gain young voters that will clearly backfire because Swifties are team blue. It's just loving spectacle to keep the hogs entertained! They don't have a young base, and they're not trying to recruit kids with this.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 18:01 on Feb 1, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Speaking of the T Swift stuff: liberals really seem to think that Taylor is going to be enough to push Butcher Biden's decrepit rear end over the line:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/02/01/the-twisted-logic-of-the-taylor-swift-backlash-it-seems-like-political-suicide-00138924

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah that's exactly the kind of poo poo I'm seeing that's making me roll my eyes. Except I'm seeing libs I know type it up in their own words.
Surely celebrity endorsements will outweigh 0 ground game in swing states AND the president spending 4 years actively making your life worse.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its very brain-dead which is par the course for liberals

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of the T Swift stuff: liberals really seem to think that Taylor is going to be enough to push Butcher Biden's decrepit rear end over the line:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/02/01/the-twisted-logic-of-the-taylor-swift-backlash-it-seems-like-political-suicide-00138924

Liberals are convinced Americans are empty mud vessels waiting to be filled with lies, so of course they continue slavishly worshiping celebrities.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Taylor Swift is very competent with her brand and business. She's not going to gently caress it up endorsing Biden. She has literally nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

libs are obsessed with her & creating fanfic in their minds of trump being enraged by her.

she has yet to express an opinion on I/P which makes her a perfect blank slate for libs.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

papersack posted:

Taylor Swift is very competent with her brand and business. She's not going to gently caress it up endorsing Biden. She has literally nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.

i dunno, she did it in 2020

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1313938080290803715?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It will be extremely funny to me if the cult of hysterical loathing for Bernie Bros gets transferred seamlessly to Swifties. That's a losing strategy if I ever saw one.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
biden actually owes us more like $750 with inflation at this point

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/pderevere/status/1753110405399110030

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

In Training posted:

You forgot making abortion illegal.

Went temporarily insane seeing that Kamala is on a "Reproductive Freedoms Tour". We already saw how hard they're willing to fight, and they think this is their winning issue. Eat poo poo!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what are the chances Trump gets the same map Nixon did

red California lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

red California lol

with the dems basically alienating everyone under 70 i suspect he'll get the same map reagan 2 got

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

red California lol

pretty low. no way he loses texas or west virginny. plus wallace isn't even running

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How the hell did humphries win Texas.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont care about tswift but i will always listen to cardi's message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCBJeRLsl9U

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

In Training posted:

How the hell did humphries win Texas.

this was all before the southern strategy, the dem party was still packed with segregationists like joe biden

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

this was all before the southern strategy, the dem party was still packed with segregationists like joe biden

68 was when the southern strategy was first implemented. grew out of goldwater's success being a racist republican in the south and nixon used dog whistle racism "states' rights" type rhetoric.
hilary volunteered for the goldwater racism campaign lol

and in 68 wallace drat near split the racist vote but luckily for nixon there were plenty of them

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Biden is winning NY and CA, probably by double digits
If he loses the election they'll cry about the electoral college being broken -and do nothing to fix it
If he wins they'll ignore the razor thin margins in the states that matter strategically and point to the popular vote/running up the scoreboard in the safe states as a sign they don't need to fix anything or reevalute any policies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

all those Wallace states would absolutely have gone Nixon that year yeah. Hence my surprise at blue Texas I guess the dem machine was a tad more entrenched?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

coulda been a knock-on effect of lbj or his endorsement of Humphrey. but primarily it was a democratic machine politics state without many republicans. carter also won texas

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

yeah the republican party didn't really exist in texas until the mid-70s when enough carpetbaggers had moved there to make it viable

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

carter won texas in 1976.

and lost california, lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

California was a swing state that leaned R until the 90’s. The Bay Area was half full of Republican prune farmers while a huge chunk of LA suburbanites worked in weapons development and other MIC adjacent industries.

Also the state as a whole was way whiter.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
California was Nixon’s home state.

Reagan’s, too.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yup

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

These days the Dem elite is too entrenched in California for any kind of change. Especially leftward change.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

These days the Dem elite is too entrenched in California for any kind of change. Especially leftward change.

jimmy dore, but he is absolutely correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14e-5GN-DzI

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the second time in the last 5 years for CA dems to kill a single payer bill. with a supermajority. how many more democrats do we need for those progressive policy goals the moralists keep saying we'll get if we just push the party left in the primaries, again? :thunk:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ex post facho posted:

jimmy dore, but he is absolutely correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14e-5GN-DzI

Jimmy's only bad on vax issues.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ProperGanderPusher posted:

bUt hAvE U SeeN da Other GuY???

all i know is that a bag of cheetos didn't cost 7 bucks under president cheeto

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Al! posted:

with the dems basically alienating everyone under 70 i suspect he'll get the same map reagan 2 got

i read "reagan 2" in the same cadence as charls carroll saying "this is gonna be 9/11 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

super sweet best pal posted:

Jimmy's only bad on vax issues.

He obsesses over vax stuff but is right that the people who mishandled Covid are still in charge and still running things.