Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

https://twitter.com/ORCapChronicle/status/1753088160517812729?s=20

10 of them cannot run for reelection

This was all over a climate bill

quote:

For the second consecutive legislative session, Senate Republicans have walked out of the Oregon Capitol to block passage of a greenhouse gas emissions cap-and-trade bill. “The Republicans who walked out are not against climate policy, they are against the democratic process,” Gov. Kate Brown said. “Oregonians should be outraged and I am, too.”

Democrats hold a supermajority of 18 members, but a walkout denies the Senate a two-thirds quorum of 20 needed to conduct any business on the floor. Senate Republicans deployed this tactic twice during the 2019 session — first in protest of a multibillion dollar education revenue package and then against House Bill 2020, the previous cap-and-trade bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

:laffo:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh my god

:sickos:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Stoatbringer posted:

Trump suggests that the weird red splotches (obviously galloping syphilis) on his hand might have been AI.
:wtc:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-red-marks-hand_n_65bb56fce4b01c5c3a39ed00

Some of his recent "presser" released video speeches definitely looked like they were generated, but the red dots were not.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Oh my god

:owned:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Oh my god

They also blocked SJR33 which would have removed that stupid fuckin line in the OR constitution that defined marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Get hosed assholes. I hope the next group of these fucks thinks twice before walking out.

OJ.SImpson
Jan 20, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

I want this exact hat and shirt. That way, when I commit crimes and someone submits photo evidence, I can roll my eyes and say "Well OBVIOUSLY that's an AI generated photo". :thunk:

gently caress. I could see this being a thing. Not for crime but kinda as a gag to make people question if the pictures being posted on Facebook or whatever are real "oh yeah? What about the ugly dude in the back with the garbled shirt with 24 american flags blended together?" When someone posts a picture of their family at Disneyland or a beautiful tahiti vacation. Walk with a third, rubber hand dangling out of your pants for extra points.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Oh my god

More of this all across the country. They want to play hardball? it's time to play hardball. :sickos:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Stoatbringer posted:

Trump suggests that the weird red splotches (obviously galloping syphilis) on his hand might have been AI.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-red-marks-hand_n_65bb56fce4b01c5c3a39ed00

I think it looked more like Trump grabbed something hot and burned himself, like a toddler

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

They also blocked SJR33 which would have removed that stupid fuckin line in the OR constitution that defined marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Get hosed assholes. I hope the next group of these fucks thinks twice before walking out.

Oh yeah it was that too! Forgot it was over gay marriage

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Looks like the Martians actually did set up that colony

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Walkout (into the unforgiving rays of the greenhouse-effected Sun)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Oh my god

Oregon stays winning as the least bad state

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

OJ.SImpson posted:

Walk with a third, rubber hand dangling out of your pants for extra points.

That can get you arrested in 17 states.

HerLegacy
Dec 25, 2012

OJ.SImpson posted:

gently caress. I could see this being a thing. Not for crime but kinda as a gag to make people question if the pictures being posted on Facebook or whatever are real "oh yeah? What about the ugly dude in the back with the garbled shirt with 24 american flags blended together?" When someone posts a picture of their family at Disneyland or a beautiful tahiti vacation. Walk with a third, rubber hand dangling out of your pants for extra points.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I think it looked more like Trump grabbed something hot and burned himself, like a toddler

Toddlers are not actually hot. That's just Conservative projection.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Accipiter posted:

Okay but what the gently caress is with the mugs they're selling on the Biden-Harris website?

What the hell is it supposed to be communicating? Who okayed this?

I got one of those a while ago and this yard sign just arrived yesterday.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Oh my god

Good. People here were not exactly happy about their grandstanding temper tantrum regarding implementing what us citizens voted for. We don't need goddamn pissy babies running this state. Get the gently caress out.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico fan spotted

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Coolguye posted:

literally nobody has said that's an unimpeachable poll but just keep on with whatever the hell you are talking about rep. greene

Polls that put Trump above Biden, even yesterday, aren't described as "not unimpeachable", they are literally panned and laughed at for being crippled by inexusable methodological failures and a conspiracy among media and pollsters to present a close race. I don't know how mentioning that the same is not directed at a poll literally 24 hours later because it puts Biden above Trump makes me rep. Greene (??)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Polls that put Trump above Biden, even yesterday, aren't described as "not unimpeachable", they are literally panned and laughed at for being crippled by inexusable methodological failures and a conspiracy among media and pollsters to present a close race. I don't know how mentioning that the same is not directed at a poll literally 24 hours later because it puts Biden above Trump makes me rep. Greene (??)

the same was in fact directed at that poll rep greene

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Coolguye posted:

the same was in fact directed at that poll rep greene

[joke about signing your posts goes here]

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Oh my god

holy freaking crap lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
One thing so far that I have noticed anytime an AI generated picture has a clear view of their eyes is that my brain instantly hates it

They can’t get eyes correct yet, they always look like this really flat thousand yard stare.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Murdstone posted:

I got one of those a while ago and this yard sign just arrived yesterday.

God drat that rules

When we bought our house at the end of 2020, one of the first things we did as homeowners was drive downtown to the DNC office to get a Biden/Harris yard sign to show our neighbors we were cool. If that’s what they’re handing out this year I’m heading the gently caress over right now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fox News from what I recall actually has pretty accurate polling, so yeah that checks out

Not to say they still don't have the same issues of reaching millenials/ Gen z, I just recall they are typically pretty close to the finishing score usually.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Stoatbringer posted:

dang i totally missed this while on vacation...

my only thoughts: maybe it's time for another vacation...

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How about some hopium

https://www.economy.com/getfile?q=95674FFE-7734-4401-877A-FE331AECD442&app=download

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

deadeyez posted:

any word on the engoron thing?

New goal seems to be Monday (2/5)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

TulliusCicero posted:

Fox News from what I recall actually has pretty accurate polling, so yeah that checks out

Not to say they still don't have the same issues of reaching millenials/ Gen z, I just recall they are typically pretty close to the finishing score usually.

its not a fox news poll, its a quinnipiac poll

so yes, please stop looking at polls and only liking them if biden's favored

edit 2: also stop thinking james carville is cool you doofs

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

On the one hand, the only thing with less predictive skill than polling right now is election day EV forecasting. On the other hand "a Biden/Trump 2024 race is likely to turn out like the Biden/Trump 2020 race" is probably a legitimate prior

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

its not a fox news poll, its a quinnipiac poll

so yes, please stop looking at polls and only liking them if biden's favored

edit 2: also stop thinking james carville is cool you doofs

James carville is bad? no, can’t he, he’s one of my faves…..

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Sweet glasses. Nosepads level with your eyebrows? Looks comfortable.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

sugar free jazz posted:

James carville is bad? no, can’t he, he’s one of my faves…..

James Carville has a face that seems like a goldmine for amateur caricature artists to go buck wild with. I'm not saying that's good or bad. I'm just saying.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

James Carville has a face that seems like a goldmine for amateur caricature artists to go buck wild with. I'm not saying that's good or bad. I'm just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JQKbt1Z3Ik

family guy did it about 25 years ago

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I remember after 2012 I saw a Carville book titled something like "40 more years: the coming democratic majority"

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Carville is cool, sorry. I admire his self confidence.

His weird taste in partners is relatable :shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I like/hate how every person that works for tiny Ben's company is a massive dork

is there any decent info about the demos that still watch south park? it seems like a bunch of 30-40 something bros that still think its great or want it to be great again.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

I like/hate how every person that works for tiny Ben's company is a massive dork

The Big Bang Theory could do an episode where Wolowitz tries to run a conservative YouTube channel as a long play to bang a conservative chick and they'd barely have to change a thing about this screenshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

is there any decent info about the demos that still watch south park? it seems like a bunch of 30-40 something bros that still think its great or want it to be great again.

It's very on brand for a company run by a guy whose name is a homophone for "boring" :v: