Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

haypliss posted:

After the first cutscene you should be able to avoid touching the quest while farming for her.

Yeah the quest literally just teleports you, gives you a bit of text, then teleports you to basically to the foot of the statue of the seven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's good to see that even with middling artifacts, whatever poo poo on Furina, a level 40 Xianyun, an "ok" built c3 Gaming, and the usual god tier Bennett, I'm getting stupidly high vapes on Xianyun's own boss fight with Gaming's skill. Feels very good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

It's good to see that even with middling artifacts, whatever poo poo on Furina, a level 40 Xianyun, an "ok" built c3 Gaming, and the usual god tier Bennett, I'm getting stupidly high vapes on Xianyun's own boss fight with Gaming's skill. Feels very good.

How much ER do you have on Gaming? I have an unlevelled MH set for him with a bunch of ER substats but with an atk sands and Im hoping its gonna be enough...

Oh, also with just a rain slasher

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 1, 2024

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How much ER do you have on Gaming? I have an unlevelled MH set for him with a bunch of ER substats but with an atk sands and Im hoping its gonna be enough...

Oh, also with just a rain slasher
I only have like 130ish total on him, but I'm also doing a rotation of:
- Gaming skill
- Xianyun skill
- Furina skill, burst
- Xianyun burst
- Bennett skill, burst
- Gaming burst and murder time

I only feel like I get a couple plunging attack (regular style not skill) attacks off during the Xianyun burst duration right now but also: When they land they're doing 60k+ which for this point feels pretty great, considering I'm also using r5 Serpent Spine but DEFINITELY losing all the stacks constantly in this fight.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do we really need teleporting skill strike number 4 with Chiori?

I feel like they're kind of running out of ideas at MHY

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’m hoping they’re saving the good ideas for Natlan because it does seem that way. I was hoping Navia was an indicator that they started to realize how to make geo enjoyable but then it’s another potential mono geo unit to tie Gorou to.

Overall after how fun Navia was, how much Furina changed things and the impact Neuvi had it definitely feels like disappointment now. Seems like they’re just riding on the fact that people will spend millions on character designs alone.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

180 pulls. 2 Nahida (finally C6!!!)

Literally 0 Gaming.

With C6 nahida and C6 Yae, you're pretty much set for life.

"Nothing lasts forever!" ... or a single rotation

My biggest problem with Nahida is her 6 second cooldown on her skill feels like forever because everything wipes so quickly.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

ninjoatse.cx posted:

My biggest problem with Nahida is her 6 second cooldown on her skill feels like forever because everything wipes so quickly.
If you're already doing that much damage why not just switch to a Sac Fragments, especially if you've got enough copies of it to get ~r3. Having two charges on my Nahida feels pretty nice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I need to prepare for the true endgame (Navia focused team)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The objectively right answer is to get Nahida but I am such a sucker for dual blades

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

hiddenriverninja posted:

The objectively right answer is to get Nahida but I am such a sucker for dual blades
Do whatever gives you the most joy. If seeing big numbers brings you joy, go for Nahida. If having cute anime girls brings you more joy, go for Chiori. It isn't like Genshin's going to be over anytime soon so you'll always have plenty of time to be real strong later in the game's life as long as you don't burnout and quit.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
A better translation of Chiori's C1 is available and it's purpose is pretty clearly to eliminate the Geo construct requirement from her team building.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hyper Inferno posted:

A better translation of Chiori's C1 is available and it's purpose is pretty clearly to eliminate the Geo construct requirement from her team building.

I don't enjoy that the C1 basically is the Navia tax. I guess this is how Neuvillette fans felt about his c1.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Looking at Chiori's signature weapon, would it also be the new BIS for Albedo? Sure it's only 20% DEF instead of the 69% that Cinnabar gives, but it also provides what is essentially a permanent 48% elemental skill DMG bonus instead of the "80% of DEF" elemental skill DMG bonus from Cinnabar.

A really good Albedo would have something like, what, 3500 DEF? So a bonus of 2800 DMG compared to whatever 48% could be.

It's even got a huge juicy secondary of CDMG too.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

They're still a F2P gaccha game and they've got to make money off people any way they can, even if it's just convincing someone to spend an extra $50 to get their favorite character's C1 to make them usable. My Neuvilette team had Lynette and Layla in it so I never really missed having his C1 until I tried to use him in any other comp

sushibandit posted:

Looking at Chiori's signature weapon, would it also be the new BIS for Albedo? Sure it's only 20% DEF instead of the 69% that Cinnabar gives, but it also provides what is essentially a permanent 48% elemental skill DMG bonus instead of the "80% of DEF" elemental skill DMG bonus from Cinnabar.

A really good Albedo would have something like, what, 3500 DEF? So a bonus of 2800 DMG compared to whatever 48% could be.

It's even got a huge juicy secondary of CDMG too.
Albedo doesn't even have a signature weapon so since Chiori is filling a similar role it's also BiS for him too

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 1, 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tampa Bae posted:

my prayers have been answered

• If related achievements of a Commission Quest are not unlocked yet, the probability of that Commission Quest appearing will increase

I'm finally going to be free of inazuma commissions
By coincidence or by design, I finished Storytelling Method and started Bantan Sango, and on my alt I got Glory 3 days in a row on my original account to finish that achievement too

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Well I did not expect this game to dethrone Dead to Rights as having the most bugfuck insane prison sequence in a video game. Everyone just apparently lost their goddamn minds for like several hours. Hello we're the soda company, we'd like to sponsor your prison fight club betting ring! Want a free sample? Haha it ain't that easy bub, check this poo poo out we'll make a mystery out of it! There'll be a pop quiz later, study up or the warden will kill your friends!!!

What the gently caress happened. Now the game wants me to go right back into that nuthouse. gently caress this I'm off to clear some loose ends in Sumeru, a place where everything is completely normal and things make perfect sense.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

StoryTime posted:

Well I did not expect this game to dethrone Dead to Rights as having the most bugfuck insane prison sequence in a video game. Everyone just apparently lost their goddamn minds for like several hours. Hello we're the soda company, we'd like to sponsor your prison fight club betting ring! Want a free sample? Haha it ain't that easy bub, check this poo poo out we'll make a mystery out of it! There'll be a pop quiz later, study up or the warden will kill your friends!!!

What the gently caress happened. Now the game wants me to go right back into that nuthouse. gently caress this I'm off to clear some loose ends in Sumeru, a place where everything is completely normal and things make perfect sense.
The safe place where a 500 year old child has total access to your every thought

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chiori's teleport can switch characters in the air.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Figured I'd just use my free pulls this month to try and get C6 Gaming so I can use the event on a XQ con. Somehow managed to win the 50/50 off 4 pity and now I've got Cloud Retainer. drat, I see how people can get addicted to gambling

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This commission achievement magnet thing they implemented is insane. Everyone is gonna have every commission achievement in like a month and a half. Interesting they just kind of gave up on the concept of making hard to get commission achievements but the old system flat out wasn't going to work once they added the commission skipping feature.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

This commission achievement magnet thing they implemented is insane. Everyone is gonna have every commission achievement in like a month and a half. Interesting they just kind of gave up on the concept of making hard to get commission achievements but the old system flat out wasn't going to work once they added the commission skipping feature.
It rules, before it dropped I expected I might get finished with Inazuma and then finish up the couple I have left in Mondstat before Natlan comes out, but every day so far over three accounts I've gotten one story quest tied to an achievement, I might actually end up only being one nation behind by Natlan.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

It rules, before it dropped I expected I might get finished with Inazuma and then finish up the couple I have left in Mondstat before Natlan comes out, but every day so far over three accounts I've gotten one story quest tied to an achievement, I might actually end up only being one nation behind by Natlan.
You'll be totally done by then, probably within the next two months. Commission achievements are just going to be a fun part of the new player experience not some endless foreboding task.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Yeah new system rules, I'm 2 for 2 so far. The drat Inazuma storytelling method achievement yesterday, and the even more damned Liyue storytelling comission today.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

You'll be totally done by then, probably within the next two months. Commission achievements are just going to be a fun part of the new player experience not some endless foreboding task.
We're only three days into the patch so who knows how it works in the long run. There's still no indication of what you've chosen in previous commissions with multiple choices/branches and for all we know it just pushes achievement-based commissions to the front of the line in a pool where there's upwards of 30 to pick from and it could still take over a month to finish longer achievements if you only get 3 per cycle.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

We're only three days into the patch so who knows how it works in the long run. There's still no indication of what you've chosen in previous commissions with multiple choices/branches and for all we know it just pushes achievement-based commissions to the front of the line in a pool where there's upwards of 30 to pick from and it could still take over a month to finish longer achievements if you only get 3 per cycle.
I think cycles are dead. I got the "Refreshing Fonta" commission two days in a row which used to be a once per cycle commission (and I was not near the end of a cycle pre-patch).

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tampa Bae posted:

Yeah, I'm back in Inazuma doing commissions so I can get the Gourmet Supremos chain going again, and I've only had one new commission pop up so far.

I'll be really curious to see how Liyue commissions go. Still need to get all the signs of love

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, I'm back in Inazuma doing commissions so I can get the Gourmet Supremos chain going again, and I've only had one new commission pop up so far.

I'll be really curious to see how Liyue commissions go. Still need to get all the signs of love

I JUST finally pushed past everything for them and got Within Our Duties. It's been 84 years...

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I did another 50 pulls at birbmom and lost the 50/50 to Dehya finally (I CAN COOK THE GOOD HP FOOD NOW).

Still. No. Gaming. Not a single Ga or Ming to be found. I've pulled like 14 loving Noelles.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 1, 2024

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I pulled Dehya today too. Have her on 4Golden cause I have the pieces even tho it sucks. I guess the ways to build her are HP/HP/HP questionable support, EM/EM/EM low uptime burgeon, and PYRO/ATK/CRIT cope DPS?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tampa Bae posted:

Albedo doesn't even have a signature weapon so since Chiori is filling a similar role it's also BiS for him too
If you have Albedo and don't have Cinnabar Spindle, your best investment on the Chiori banner is C0 Chiori. Don't get her sword for him (potentially taking 3 pities), get her (2 pities max) and dump him. He's donezo, it's Albedover.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

I pulled Dehya today too. Have her on 4Golden cause I have the pieces even tho it sucks. I guess the ways to build her are HP/HP/HP questionable support, EM/EM/EM low uptime burgeon, and PYRO/ATK/CRIT cope DPS?
if you have her at C1 PYRO/HP/CRIT is better i believe.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

Note Block posted:

Still. No. Gaming. Not a single Ga or Ming to be found. I've pulled like 14 loving Noelles.

I've got Ga and Ming coming out of my ears, but lost the 50/50 to Qiqi.
The radish has yet to appear...

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The Chiori turrets look pretty whelming despite the rest of her animations, so this might turn out to be a skip if the 4.6 banners end up more promising.

Meanwhile I'm having the true 4* experience with a 1:1 ratio of Gaming and Xianyun pulls.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Animations are often updated, I wouldn't panic about it yet unless it's been three weeks and they are the same, then panic.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The way the dolls just kind of slide on top of enemies as they push them around makes me think the animation and general performance of them is unfinished. It does show that their C0 range isn't great and the dolls don't move unless the enemies move them (can they be grouped with Venti/Kazuha?), so they just really really want you to pull her C1 and at that point she is just Albedo 2 where at C0 there maybe are some situations where he's the better option (or at least about as good). We'll see though, for all we know she'll get randomly nerfed in beta.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

After the Feb free pulls I'm up to Gaming c4 (before Lantern Rite! I just need one!) and Faruzan c5, which means, of course, I will spend the entire rest of this banner's pulls to end up with ten thousand Noelles.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
my extremely jank gaming/cloud retainer/xingqiu/zhongli team is doing well enough in the overworld, and that's good enough for me. I have hyperbloom for if I want to abyss.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Got my first c6 5* today..

It's a c6 Qiqi....

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I really wanted to get Yae next patch, but if Chiori is basically stuck needing c1 to slot into Navia teams I guess I might just save instead. Sucks since I’ve wanted Yae for so long. Not really thrilled to see a constellation needed for something like that…certainly won’t be spending to get it and encourage that sort of thing either (though I know my choices mean nothing in the grand scheme of things).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Went yolo fishing for Gaming/Faruzan cons on the bird's banner some more for ~23 pulls, got two Noelle cons, a Sac Sword, and my very first Fav Spear for my trouble.

Message received, game. I'll wait to try a hail mary on Xiao's banner, then hunker down for Neuviellete's rerun.