Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Karach posted:

I hope Philipachtel hasn't MAIDed himself due to this extended breach in thread decorum

the canadian politics thread in cspam is insufficiently revolutionary and each and every one of us is to blame.

it is a reflection of canada itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DaysBefore posted:

Had a good sandwich today :)

awesome. that makes for a good day

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Had a good sandwich today :)

what was on it, let us judge you

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
there honestly isn't anything better than a good sandwich. I still dream about the sandwich I used to make at the restaurant I worked at: fresh focaccia bread, cream cheese, hummus, alfalfa sprouts, banana peppers, grilled spicy preserved eggplant, and aioli

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CLAM DOWN posted:

what was on it, let us judge you

Smoked meat and swiss on... hmm, I believe it was rye bread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hell yeah.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

a notable absence of condiments here

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Condiments are counter-revolutionary

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Karach posted:

there honestly isn't anything better than a good sandwich. I still dream about the sandwich I used to make at the restaurant I worked at: fresh focaccia bread, cream cheese, hummus, alfalfa sprouts, banana peppers, grilled spicy preserved eggplant, and aioli

Hell yeah

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Karach posted:

He had a late night talk show called Open Mike with (you guessed it) Mike Bullard for several years on Comedy Network. It was pushed really hard the whole time, even though it was never very good. And now he's a chud (as confirmed earlier in this thread).

Way she goes

If that's literally all he's known for/done, then that's probably why I have no idea who he is. We didn't get cable TV until around the 2000's, which... sounds like that was after his time?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

acceptable

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

there's an italian deli nearby and i had a sandwich the other day that was:

burrata
mortadella
pistachio pesto
on olive and caramelized onion focaccia

it was heaven

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I also had a smoked meat sandwich but it lacked rye bread. Still decent.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
sandwiches own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKEcYUD77k

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Fred Penner used to tour the college circuit when millennial were coming of age. He played at my school and I've never seen a room full of bros tearing up as much as I did when he played his The Cat Came Back medley.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Used to work with a guy who was just dumbfounded that I ate sandwiches every day. He would be like “OMG a sandwich again! Hey everybody Glimpse is eating a sandwich today. This guy really likes sandwiches!” at lunch all the time. And yeah I do, sandwiches rule.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
speaking of weird washed up cancon media personalities did you know Ed the Sock is a rabid Zionist now?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Mortadella
Aioli
Iberico
Dying in poverty

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i dont really care for sandwiches

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RBC posted:

get out

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

CLAM DOWN posted:

there's an italian deli nearby and i had a sandwich the other day that was:

burrata
mortadella
pistachio pesto
on olive and caramelized onion focaccia

it was heaven

🤌

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

RBC posted:

they've threadbanned people for less

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

RBC posted:

mods?aid

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I had to listen to the Smith screed for work and now my day is ruined.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I need more time to perfect the ultimate sandwich alignment chart/go back to D&D joke.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I had to listen to the Smith screed for work and now my day is ruined.

Doesn't that qualify as abusing the employees?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Randalor posted:

Doesn't that qualify as abusing the employees?

If that's the case I have a few years worth of Question Period-related abuses I want to he compensated for.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Gravid Topiary posted:

the UCP are going to try and ram through a ban on adult trans healthcare here, i can feel it in my bones

That's been the trajectory of these things in the states. They also happen to be incredibly unpopular electorally and also mostly unconstitutional (in the US).

But every failure by some nutjob gives the rest of these weirdos a chance to revise and try again so unfortunately we're getting a new attempt at "think of the children" anti-trans poo poo

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I have no idea who gives a poo poo about passing anti-trans laws. I know the cruelty is the point, but I can't help myself wondering. parents terrified of their kids? adults terrified of other people's kids? who is this for? what problem does it solve, in their minds?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

pokeyman posted:

what problem does it solve, in their minds?

Gay people yucky

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

pokeyman posted:

I have no idea who gives a poo poo about passing anti-trans laws. I know the cruelty is the point, but I can't help myself wondering. parents terrified of their kids? adults terrified of other people's kids? who is this for? what problem does it solve, in their minds?

it's a moral panic, there's a group of cynical politicians saddling up with a small group of people who are disgusted by the idea of trans people, and a larger group of people who are mildly uncomfortable but have been told that trans inclusion will lead to the apocalypse and show up to school board meetings calling everyone trying to talk about it pedophiles

social media and the internet generally has helped amplify this poo poo, but it's a very classic moral panic. a few years ago fox news was running heartwarming stories about some conservative family coming to accept their trans kid

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

It's kind of telling that no one who is supposedly worried about trans kids' safety in the medical system is proposing increasing research funding, or convening a blue ribbon panel to standardize standards of care, or improving access to mental health care, just all hateful pronoun poo poo.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
https://twitter.com/seanorr/status/1753152000840388964

A minister in the most "left wing" provincial government in Canada is spewing racist bullshit. Cool.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

At least she didn't express concern about the extermination of the Palestinians so she won't be forced out of caucus

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do we have access to nukes? Can we just glass all of Canada? loving hell our leaders are all reprehensible monsters.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Dreylad posted:

it's a moral panic, there's a group of cynical politicians saddling up with a small group of people who are disgusted by the idea of trans people, and a larger group of people who are mildly uncomfortable but have been told that trans inclusion will lead to the apocalypse and show up to school board meetings calling everyone trying to talk about it pedophiles

social media and the internet generally has helped amplify this poo poo, but it's a very classic moral panic. a few years ago fox news was running heartwarming stories about some conservative family coming to accept their trans kid

I didn't realize moral panic was a technical term, though after reading the wikipedia article I'm not sure I could define it

now I'm wondering if any of the people amid a moral panic can recognize it. like do the politicians jumping aboard think it's bs but maybe it'll win votes? does anyone think to look back 10 years later and realize there was no there there?

though I guess it doesn't matter, when it's your gonads wired up, whether the cop twiddling the dials of the fruit machine thinks it's Important or just a paycheque

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

A crappy piece of land with nothing on it, except several hundred thousand people. Canada!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Precambrian Video Games posted:

A crappy piece of land with nothing on it, except several hundred thousand people. Canada!

the whole place was completely empty, nothing but deer and indians

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Nairbo posted:

https://twitter.com/seanorr/status/1753152000840388964

A minister in the most "left wing" provincial government in Canada is spewing racist bullshit. Cool.

voting ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
there was nothing there!

just 4000 years of civilization fought over for millenia

i cant believe shes a loving minister of education