Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you aren't playing Elden Ring with dual Rusted Anchors and smashing through everything and never dodging or blocking well then I just don't know what to tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

(Oops wrong thread)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Also a great time to remember that Owen Benjamin was once engaged to Christina Ricci. Now he’s living on a weird cult compound and has a frenemy relationship with Alex Jones

I googled his face and he looks like a cross between Charles Kirk and CWC.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I googled his face and he looks like a cross between Charles Kirk and CWC.

Make sure to look at what he looks like now and not the old imdb stuff from when he had a career, it's even worse.

this is from his own tiktok

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

growing a third arm is the only surefire way to extend their reach with black voters

Make America Goro Again

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Coolness Averted posted:

Make sure to look at what he looks like now and not the old imdb stuff from when he had a career, it's even worse.

Dude looks fine don't be weird

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

Angela Hession has worked in the mostly-male, mostly-white video game industry for more than two decades and is now the chief customer trust officer at the Amazon-owned streaming platform Twitch. She wants to diversify the gaming workforce and found a new private school to partner with to make progress toward that goal.

“The stark reality is that our efforts to diversify the tech industry need to begin well before college,” Hession told the Business Journal. “Actively recruiting women and people from underrepresented communities in high school is not just beneficial; it's essential.”

Twitch is one of 30 local companies partnering with Cristo Rey Jesuit Seattle High School which will welcome its first 9th grade class of 100 students this summer. The school — one of 40 nationwide — offers a low-cost college preparatory education to students with limited economic resources. What sets Cristo Rey apart from other private Catholic schools is its work study program. Students are in class four days a week, and then spend one full day at a partnering company through all four years of high school.

“It has the magic pieces of business and philanthropy,” said Katie Seltzer, vice president of corporate work study at CRJS.

To date, CRJS has secured nearly $5 million in philanthropic pledges and more than 30 corporate work study partners, including Twitch, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Costco, among others. When Cristo Rey reaches full enrollment, expected in the 2027-2028 school year, 50% of the cost of the education will come from the work study program, 40% from fundraising and 10% will be collected as tuition from the families of enrolled students.

The school will operate on the campus of St. Paul Parish in Seattle’s Rainier Beach neighborhood, surrounded by some of the most diverse zip codes in the state. Students do not have to be Catholic to apply to the school. At least two-thirds of incoming students will be from families qualifying for free and reduced-price lunch.

The Cristo Rey work study program operates like a temporary employment agency within the school. Corporate partners pay the program a fee to hire students for work. The fee is based on a one-year salary that’s prorated over the 10 months a student works at the company and includes a 30% overhead charge to pay for the student’s transportation, worker’s compensation insurance and payroll costs. The program fee also covers a portion of the cost of tuition for the student.

But Cristo Rey believes work study does more than just pay for tuition.

“When a ninth grader starts with us and gets to explore an opportunity at a big business, they’re exposed much earlier to adults who are investing in their future,” Seltzer said.

A feasibility committee of roughly 40 volunteers — educators, business leaders and South King County parish leaders — worked for over two years studying the need and potential support for a Cristo Rey school in Seattle. It will be the first new school to open in the Seattle Archdiocese since Seattle Nativity middle school which opened in 2013. The last high school to open in the archdiocese was Pope John Paul II in Lacey in 2010.

Seltzer said when CRJS got approved to open and they started telling families about the school. “We met students who jumped out of their chairs with excitement.”

Hession found out about Cristo Rey through her family, outside the context of work. When she pitched the work study program to Twitch HR[CD5], she got a surprisingly welcome reception.

“My human resources partner at Twitch is an ICA Cristo Rey Academy (San Francisco) alum, which was a fortunate coincidence,” Hession said. “This encounter was a tangible testament to the program's effectiveness and its full-circle impact.”

Hession is now part of CRJS’s corporate work study board, which is actively recruiting more companies to partner with. The school is now accepting applications for fall enrollment.

Editor's note: this story was updated to correct the spelling of the school's name in the caption of a photo.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Coolness Averted posted:

This is one of the most alcoholic faces I’ve seen in quite a while

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This guy can’t even subtract two numbers.

OwlFancier posted:

Witchcraft was like one of the ur conspiracy theories. Not just the idea that witches might exist, that had been around for a while on and off, although previously people had written various takes on it from "no witchcraft doesn't actually exist, people who think it does are just delusional" to "you can't actually get magic powers from dealing with the devil and demons can't actually see the future, they're just invisible and travel very fast so they can tell you things they saw happen and make it seem like coincidences are the result of their actions"

I like the mental gymnastics of “Satan can’t give a person wolf powers, but he can make them think that he did and then murder some folks personally to sell the story.”

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/james70889886/status/1753084286796804446?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BRB, remarketing oversized fake dongs manufactured to beat drug tests as props for insecure men to use at the ballpark.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

So what you're saying is, you want gender-neutral bathrooms with stalls only, right?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Idiots on Social Media: Fights can happen when men look at the penis of other men.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Cock fights?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cock fights!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

No. Cock, fights!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's why you have to look at it the right way. Not directly, but peripherally with lowered posture to suggest submission. If they flick their piss your way, you know. You know you're in.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

I looked at another man's cock and now we are swinging them around in the bathroom going "Voom, voom"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cock rub warriors rule!

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Also, wiping your butt is extremely gay. If for that reason alone, you should definitely wipe your butt. Hell, wipe a friend's butt when the invitation comes around.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

There were some people who genuinely thought they were doing magic, that's why we have a few preserved grimoires, but I don't think anyone at Salem was actually into that stuff.

Also a lot of the people doing magic were also in the church because turns out they were the ones with the ability to read, an obsession with the supernatural, and too much time on their hands.

Platystemon posted:

This guy can’t even subtract two numbers.

I like the mental gymnastics of “Satan can’t give a person wolf powers, but he can make them think that he did and then murder some folks personally to sell the story.”

I mean yeah, that's what you get when you have rigorous ideas about who is and isn't allowed to perform miracles. There's a strong streak in the church that magic just Does Not Work, you can not gain supernatural powers by any means because those are reserved for God. So if people purport to have magic powers and can demonstrate some seemingly supernatural ability, then the explanation must be something other than that they actually have magic powers. In a world where you still believe that there are supernatural entities you can ascribe trickery and "mundane" capabilities to them like going very fast and being extremely good at hiding, or simply having exsted for a very long time and use that to basically paint them as phony psychics who also happen to be demons.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Feb 1, 2024

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

How are you even supposed to prove to the other men that you're an alpha male with a monster dong if they can't even see it while you're pissing?

Wait, is that what the fighting is about? Can't agree on who has the biggest ween so y'all engage in fisticuffs to settle the score? Do you dick-joust like elk antler-battle during rutting/nutting season?

This honestly explains a lot.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you show them your social media account that says youre an alpha

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

How are you even supposed to prove to the other men that you're an alpha male with a monster dong if they can't even see it while you're pissing?

Wait, is that what the fighting is about? Can't agree on who has the biggest ween so y'all engage in fisticuffs to settle the score? Do you dick-joust like elk antler-battle during rutting/nutting season?

We piss against each other's streams until the loser's piss is forced back into their balls. You want the bigger dick because it gives you the more powerful stream via the railgun effect.

They really don't teach girls anything in sex ed do they

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Stoatbringer posted:

(Oops wrong thread)

Post it, coward

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

It's about the implication

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
i settle all of my conflicts like the might kissing fish

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

You just gotta drop your magn condom and then point it out very casually

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mushika posted:

Also, wiping your butt is extremely gay. If for that reason alone, you should definitely wipe your butt. Hell, wipe a friend's butt when the invitation comes around.

You'd be shocked how many men believe this

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Heath posted:

Not if you read the r/relationships mock thread, you won't be.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Not if you read the r/relationships mock thread, you won't be.

I do, but I'm still shocked, regardless.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Nobody fuckin believes that you dopes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
seriously why do people take those walls of fetish fantasy poo poo from reddit at face value, it's 2024 guys

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

credburn posted:

i believe it, but i think its good

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Flesh Forge posted:

seriously why do people take those walls of fetish fantasy poo poo from reddit at face value, it's 2024 guys

You're telling me this ain't real?

I think my (30F) naked impression of a rhino has given my girlfriend (33F) the ick. How do I come back from this?

I woke up to a chilly morning today and beelined to the shower, wanting to warm up as fast as possible. I turned the water on, stripped down, and put my hand out to feel if it had heated up yet.
It had not.

In order to conserve heat, like the knowledgeable survivalist I am, I thought it wise to crouch down into a ball to minimise my surface area, and to keep reaching into the shower occasionally to see if the water was warm.

Now, ordinarily I don't mind when my girlfriend comes into the bathroom if I'm in the shower because it's all very expected and normal. I'll be showering upright, she'll have a little tinkle, and everyone retains their dignity.

But today was not an ordinary day. While she had woken up and pursued her regular routine, I'd awoken and chosen Gollum. She walked in, sat on the loo, and then saw me: a squat, corrupted flesh-sphere, splashing in the shallow end of the shower tray.

I saw myself through her eyes and a shiver ran through me. However, I saw a way out: comedy. I remembered a tweet that I had never thought about until I found myself in this position and decided to pass it off as my own.

I asked her, "do you ever get on all fours in the shower and pretend to be a rhino, moaning pleasurably in the first rains of the year?"

Before she had time to tell me that, no, that's unusual, I doubled down. I crawled into the shower and mooed enthusiastically like a grateful little rhinoceros.

I saw something die in her eyes. She flushed and walked out the bathroom.

We both finished getting ready, avoiding eye contact, and left for work.

How do I come back from this and rescue my image as a being with an ounce of sexuality and dignity?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

credburn posted:

The team lead at a previous job of mine believed it

Yes he smelled like rank poo poo

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Mushika posted:

I got a bidet in 2020 and came out as bi in 2022, further study is warranted

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

credburn posted:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Heath posted:

:amen: