Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Lol only on Reddit
https://twitter.com/JeremiahDJohns/status/1752518433919385704?t=fOw7jRS_EaIE2iMHuQXCig&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I havent played on pokerstars in ages but aren't your opponents randomly selected out of a pool of millions? No way he managed to match up with that single dude multiple times with regularity.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ymgve posted:

I havent played on pokerstars in ages but aren't your opponents randomly selected out of a pool of millions? No way he managed to match up with that single dude multiple times with regularity.

are you suggesting that people lie on reddit? :monocle:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TrashMammal posted:

are you suggesting that people lie on reddit? :monocle:

im saying they should at least go to the effort of making it plausible

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I read before about players “following” bad players from room to room, sucking them dry, but it may have been a different site

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

If they could make out the dude's hole cards they maybe could make out the room number, and just join it directly. The bigger problem I'd think if it were real is the other person going, "this loving guy again? I'm out"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

If an onlooker is able to make out my hole, I know I'm doing something right

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Make out, holes, redditors have tons of experience with these things

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Cognac McCarthy posted:

If an onlooker is able to make out my hole, I know I'm doing something right

Close your Goddamn blinds!
:quagmire:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if someone’s peeping through my window that’s their problem :c00lbert:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's probably a lie because actually they would benefit from being at his table, not just from beating him. Knowing ANY 2 hole cards during a hand is a massive advantage against all the other players.

Story is told wrong

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Either he copy/pasted from the reddit thread to entertain us here, or you just found his reddit account. I kinda thing it's the latter.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Foo Diddley posted:

you know how they fill race car tires with nitrogen, so that they expand and contract less with temperature changes? well, this has nothing to do with that

Is it true if you put helium in tires the car will fly like in Chitti Chitti Bang Bang?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It drives like a completely normal car until you hit a small bump, at which point it flips over and flies away upwards, leaving the four of you on the ground in sitting positions, one of you still holding the steering wheel.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Deleted Post:

R/AskALawyer

How to get Gun Rights Restored?

"I had an involuntary admission in 2023 because of depression. Now I can't own a gun. I am not and will not be a danger to myself or anyone else. I live in New York and want my gun back. Can someone please help?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskALawyer/comments/1aldg3w/how_to_get_gun_rights_restored/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Beastie posted:

Deleted Post:

R/AskALawyer

"I had an involuntary admission in 2023 because of depression. Now I can't own a gun. I am not and will not be a danger to myself or anyone else. I live in New York and want my gun back. Can someone please help?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskALawyer/comments/1aldg3w/how_to_get_gun_rights_restored/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I used to work in a government office that handled situations like this. 90% of the time they'd start out very polite, explain how it was all a mistake that they had their guns taken away and their mental health crisis was very temporary and they're all better now. Very polite, very sane, very reasonable. Until of course they learn they can't get their guns back like, today. Not even telling them there's no way they'll ever get their guns back, just telling them there's a process and we're happy to help. That was enough to have them absolutely make sure they'll never own a gun again. They would almost invariably go off the deep end and start making threats to us, how they don't care about the law they're going to find us a kill us all. How DARE the government say they have mental health issues!! How dare we say they're a threat to society if allowed guns. They'll kill us all for this horrible unjust accusations!!!

The sad thing is that a lot of the times from their case it was a temporary thing pending their mental health treatment along with an avenue to getting their guns back, and so many of them absolutely made sure they'd never legally touch a gun again in their life.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Beastie posted:

Deleted Post:

R/AskALawyer

I did EMS in NY for most of a decade. It takes a lot to be involuntarily admitted for psych reasons in NY. I had patients of all colors and creeds call 911 for psych reasons and less than 1 percent get an involuntary admission.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I had to help get a friend in an involuntary hold and it was 72 hours + them never wanting to speak to me again.

So my question is they can’t hold you that long in my state. Was the gun free weekend that bad?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

lol gun people are spoiled entitled shits

lol i wonder how much the rate would change if you outright told them at the start of the call "if you have a tantrum that will ruin your case"

like a metaphorical cup cake challenge.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

To be clear I am not making fun of a mental health crisis. I am just amazed someone thinks they should be allowed to have a gun after being involuntarily committed more than once in a year.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Black Noise posted:

Was the gun free weekend that bad?

In NY it’s “not getting to own a gun, possibly ever”.

Like, obviously the psych hold wouldn’t let them have guns, I have never seen a place where you get the grippy socks and can also carry a 9mm

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Is that federal or can they get their guns back just by moving to like Texas or Florida?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I would not want to see someone who was acting in a way who gets a 941 with even a squirt pistol btw. I saw someone try to punch out my medic after screaming about how Steven Spielberg “killed his kids and threw them in a river” not catch an involuntary hold. This person made some credible threats to themselves or others.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is that federal or can they get their guns back just by moving to like Texas or Florida?

You can buy a gun at Arby's no matter who you are or what you've done in Texas or Florida. They don't care what the gay states said about u being a nut.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Afaik it’s state by state which is why in one of the most recent shooting people were like wtf how did this guy get his guns back.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Someone in the comments of that post points out that, per the OP's other post 4 days ago, they were involuntarily admitted multiple times last year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunRights/...hare&utm_term=1

So I checked their post history and in their self posts they admit to being schizoaffective and bipolar. They also advocate for the death penalty in other posts, posted a trip report about robotripping, and have posts about how they hear voices but are convinced that they're real voices coming from an imagined stalker, or from the government which is trying to get them to kill themself. Or that it's birds talking to them which might actually be CIA drones.

Please do not give this person their gun back :ohdear:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 8, 2024

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kntfkr posted:

You can buy a gun at Arby's no matter who you are or what you've done in Texas or Florida. They don't care what the gay states said about u being a nut.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Loses a child to gun violence, lives in Texas: "MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN!!!!"

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The comments in that thread have someone discovering in the OP's post history that he has had multiple adventures with involuntary admissions.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Starting to think the american experiment was unethical in some way

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I own guns but they aren’t my teddy bears or murder lovers or whatever weird poo poo people do. Some Canadians treat them like a religion too.

I think people are just really scared of the world and need to have a blanket.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's supposed to be a federal thing but enforcement where it exists at all applies exclusively to gunstores, not the twitchy dude completely legally selling ARs out of his trunk in the walmart parking lot

PhazonLink posted:

lol i wonder how much the rate would change if you outright told them at the start of the call "if you have a tantrum that will ruin your case"

like a metaphorical cup cake challenge.

contrariwise probably every prospective gun owner should have to spend 15 minutes pretending to be normal to someone telling them no before they can get a gun

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 8, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

contrariwise probably every prospective gun owner should have to spend 15 minutes pretending to be normal to someone telling them no before they can get a gun

lmao it would make for great content to

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You should have to write four paragraphs on your definition of “tyranny” before they give you one

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Tell them to explain in detail what would happen if the second amendment was repealed

(For those not in the states the answer is "nothing", the amendment just means there can't be any federal laws about it - separate gun contour laws would need to be voted upon and passed before anything could even begin to change)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/1alpo4b/ordered_bottle_service_vodka_cranberry_at_a_strip/

Ordered bottle service (vodka + cranberry) at a strip club last night. Paid $70 + $10 tip up front to the server. And then she brought this out… so I asked her where the vodka was and she pointed at the water bottle. 8oz of vodka.

Put the rest of the title in a spoiler tag because just LMFAO..

The "bottle service" he got:

I mean, dude...what are you expecting for a "bottle service" that only costs $70? I love what is clearly a bottle of Simple Cranberry with the label removed. Still not as funny as 6 oz of what is likely garbage-quality, well vodka poured into a (used? :barf:) mini water bottle.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DrBouvenstein posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/1alpo4b/ordered_bottle_service_vodka_cranberry_at_a_strip/

Ordered bottle service (vodka + cranberry) at a strip club last night. Paid $70 + $10 tip up front to the server. And then she brought this out… so I asked her where the vodka was and she pointed at the water bottle. 8oz of vodka.

Put the rest of the title in a spoiler tag because just LMFAO..

The "bottle service" he got:

I mean, dude...what are you expecting for a "bottle service" that only costs $70? I love what is clearly a bottle of Simple Cranberry with the label removed. Still not as funny as 6 oz of what is likely garbage-quality, well vodka poured into a (used? :barf:) mini water bottle.

That seems pretty lovely tho, and not just because it was cheap. Repackaging it into a water bottle is kind of gross as well.