Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Doive on in

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has anyone indicated when more episodes will be on Hulu?

I, too, wish to know this

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Please don't post small doive

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tuna can Jerry?
Tuna can Jerry.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Olanphonia posted:

I, too, wish to know this

Last year they forgot about the 2nd half of the season until they put up the previews for the first half of the new season. This show is cursed.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

The most important thing they gave Klaus was his alcove.

Wait...alcove?!?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I threw this on as reruns on Hulu while I'm doing other stuff and around season 3 and the one thing I do not understand: Why does Hulu not know how to balance audio? There's random episodes at half volume and some at double. Why? Why is this show so cursed.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Hulu finally fixed the season that was missing all of the hard subtitles for Toshi or other foreign languages, at least.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
...bald-rear end alien piece of poo poo...

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
great, now the fish is talking

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GUYS: YOU'VE BEEN HAVING A GOOD NIGHT. NOT SURE THIS IS A SMART MOVE FOR YOU, BROS.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Got through season 2 or 3 and there are some gems:
e2. The American Dad After School Special - The introduction of Debbie, Stan hallucinating a bro gym trainer.
e14. An Apocalypse to Remember - Steve's tripping on hallucinogenic berries, and the introduction of Buckle and Shari.
e15. Four Little Words - Bullock's CIA-honed reflexes and Roger's spree as Kevin Bacon to Footloose.
e16. When a Stan Loves a Woman - Steve's energy drink addiction and the payoff when Francine learns Stan slept with his wife.
e19. Joint Custody - Probably one of my favourite depictions of characters getting high.

Levin fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 2, 2024

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Didja spot the recurring guy with the thinning orange hair pulled back into a ponytail? I think he's only had lines in the first episode he appears in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You get that every once in a while. Someone falls in love with a character and they show up multiple times while not actually doing anything. (See also tattoo girl)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol nice "Tex & Mex" callback on the background TV

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Get up, Applesuace! You GOTTA get up!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

muscles like this! posted:

You get that every once in a while. Someone falls in love with a character and they show up multiple times while not actually doing anything. (See also tattoo girl)

Chris Knight posted:

Didja spot the recurring guy with the thinning orange hair pulled back into a ponytail? I think he's only had lines in the first episode he appears in.

I have no idea who you're talking about. I'm just gonna assume they're roger personas the viewer can't see through

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stan of Arabia has some funny bits but man, it is surrounded by a bunch of offensive stereotypes and all of the Smiths being huge assholes.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Stan of Arabia has some funny bits but man, it is surrounded by a bunch of offensive stereotypes and all of the Smiths being huge assholes.

There's several problematic episodes due to offensive stereotypes in the first several seasons. The show realizes it can be funny without them and ditches them at some point. I haven't tried to pin point it but my guess is if I checked writing credits they mostly have the same lead writer.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

On that note I'm glad they phased out the Asian stereotype personas Roger played, like the war re-enactment and the punchline of the Roger's Gym b-plot

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

pixaal posted:

There's several problematic episodes due to offensive stereotypes in the first several seasons. The show realizes it can be funny without them and ditches them at some point. I haven't tried to pin point it but my guess is if I checked writing credits they mostly have the same lead writer.

The two parts of "Stan of Arabia" have different credited writers - Nahnatchka Khan for part 1 and Carter Bays & Craig Thomas for part 2 - though both "Big Trouble in Little Langley" AND "White Rice" are credited to Rick Wiener & Kenny Schwartz. Writing credits on sitcoms, especially animated ones, can be pretty arbitrary, but Wiener and Schwartz getting lead credit on both of those makes me think they had a big hand in conceptualizing Francine's parents.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

lol nice "Tex & Mex" callback on the background TV

Which episode was this?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nichael posted:

Which episode was this?

Spring Break-Up

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

That episode has some of the best marriage advice any show has given.

"He left you because you don't laugh at his joke? He right, I leave you too! You know how many times Baba say the 'pull my finger' joke? 2 times a day for 40 years, and it not funny, not once. Wait, it did become funny for a week in year 15."

"I remember that, we went to the beach."

"But everytime he tell that joke I still laugh. That's how you make a marriage work. You laugh at his unfunny jokes, he tell you your bad cooking taste good, and everything continues along smoothly."

Francine's parents are such great characters and it sucks we barely see them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like her family, and I think her backstory of being adopted is cool.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
:hai:

I liked when it came up in the spelling bee rivalry too

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

She says their names so lovingly too.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Harold Fjord posted:

:hai:

I liked when it came up in the spelling bee rivalry too

That episode was so loving loving. Mom combat was nonsense and perfect

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

There's only 2 people left and 1 of them is Steve!

Is the other an Asian girl?

Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh

Baba!

What, I was just answering her question!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

If for whatever reason this show isn't renewed, I'm going to mourn it like it was a cancelled before its time one season show. There's so much more to explore!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s a bunch of episodes in production at the moment, I think it’s ok for the moment.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
And if WB doesn't renew then Disney will probably just take it back for themselves for Hulu or something

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"I can't sing in Hindi, I can barely read it!"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Just watched hurricane again. The entire episode is perfect from start to finish, but my old college javelin is top tier

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

RC Cola posted:

Just watched hurricane again. The entire episode is perfect from start to finish, but my old college javelin is top tier

Steve, what's under your mattress? All the women are pregnant...And Asian.

She'snothereweshouldkeeplooking.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I know we can’t just quote every episode that comes up but Hurricane really is an A-lister. I think about the bear judgementally shaking his head more than I’d like to admit, along with the kid trying to get his soccer ball from the yard, but Roger’s “no… no no no no no” while pushing his one night stand underwater with one finger is perfection.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tom Tucker posted:

I know we can’t just quote every episode that comes up but Hurricane really is an A-lister. I think about the bear judgementally shaking his head more than I’d like to admit, along with the kid trying to get his soccer ball from the yard, but Roger’s “no… no no no no no” while pushing his one night stand underwater with one finger is perfection.

What of.... the animals?
Why can't you be a good wife like Jeff?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Flute Island? Pssh... more like Blue Ball Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
i wouldn't mind if the thread just became quotes, because there are some that make me laugh just thinking of them. off the top of my head,
"Is chaz going to be ok?"
"It's a loving dinosaur"
and klaus when he calls danuta, the whole conversation. "do you eat?.... i've got the money, if you eat."