Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Millennials killed the quadrellipsis and double-stop :mad:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The extra punctuation is to make up for the lack of punctuation in Those Darn Kids' writing.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Safety Dance posted:

The extra punctuation is to make up for the lack of punctuation in Those Darn Kid's writing..........

ftfy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reminding me of my dial up BBS days when I decided my gimmick was that I was going to use reverse capitalization when I was talking to people.

sO MY POSTS WOULD ALL LOOK LIKE THIS. i WAS THE COOLEST ONE THERE

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Caps Lock is like cruise control for cool.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
To be fair, my last year of college a professor bitched the class out for half of them not even bothering to use spellcheck after writing papers when everyone in that room was vastly overqualified to know how to do that

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Medullah posted:

Reminding me of my dial up BBS days when I decided my gimmick was that I was going to use reverse capitalization when I was talking to people.

Ok, Tavros.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This looks like a Silent Hill screenshot

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

HootTheOwl posted:

I think the one thing that would turn the civil war into a 50 state alliance would be mercing some randos mom

The militias have families too.

I remember when a leftist type murdered a cop or fed during the Trump administration and he was shot dead within 24 hours.

If the government wants to, they can find you very easily.

Panfilo posted:

Also when we look at far right groups, white supremacists, neo Nazis, and militia types, one thing there's no shortage of is snitches, collaborators, turncoats, traitors, and every other craven mollusk to slither the earth.

Whatever universe where these goobers can go after the family of a B-2 aircrew is a universe that has one of them serve their fellow conspirators on a silver platter .

I remember watching a GQ video about a former career thief critiquing heist movies. He said the problem with heists with large crews, such as Ocean's 11, is that one of them would eventually talk. That big of a crew is unruly and one of them will always fold and rat everyone else out.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Medullah posted:

I just stuck with 1337 5p3@k

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Okuteru posted:

The militias have families too.

Turns out that aggressively alienating all your friends and family with insane MAGA poo poo is actually a long-range strategy to deny the enemy leverage!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Its always been good policy to "mess with Texas"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's funny how apparently "Don't Mess with Texas" was an anti littering campaign. It's like if some parent group's motto ended up being "Hoot Hoot don't pollute [our schools with degenerate Marxism]" or something.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The fantasy of Democratic politicians drone striking Republicans instead of just giving them everything they want like always is adorable.

Biden's reaction to Abbott defying the court is to offer to pass a law more anti-immigrant than anything Trump ever did.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Panfilo posted:

It's funny how apparently "Don't Mess with Texas" was an anti littering campaign. It's like if some parent group's motto ended up being "Hoot Hoot don't pollute [our schools with degenerate Marxism]" or something.
Don't Mess With Texas: up to $500 fine for littering

VitalSigns posted:

The fantasy of Democratic politicians drone striking Republicans instead of just giving them everything they want like always is adorable.

Biden's reaction to Abbott defying the court is to offer to pass a law more anti-immigrant than anything Trump ever did.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Panfilo posted:

“Give a hoot, [don’t] read a book.”

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

VitalSigns posted:

https://twitter.com/DRACONIANARCHY/status/1719490615816417733
https://twitter.com/InnuendoStudios/status/1742594014174388274

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

Authoritarianism ain't very progressive either re:2014

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 31, 2024

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

It’s a picture of a physical flyer, which has a mouse pointer obscuring part of the image printed on it.

Is this hauntology?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

What is civil engineering for lmao just use any old poo poo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Rust!? Never heard of it!!

Oh wait it's all that poo poo isn't it

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

When the worst person you know has a good idea (recycling) for the dumbest reasons. Can't even be bothered to maintain the paint on that thing. Kinda how "Epstein didn't kill himself" tracks everywhere but for opposite reasons
(cellmate was a cop with a track record of Crimes For Money and a lot of other things of course but who paid the guy is the question)

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the underlying reason isn't even environmental, it's a "why should my taxes pay for infrastructure maintenance when we can just throw random bullshit across rivers, no I've never heard of a bridge collapse why?"
I don't get to post the same cartoon twice in context much.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 1, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm pretty sure the underlying reason isn't even environmental, it's a "why should my taxes pay for infrastructure maintenance when we can just throw random bullshit across rivers, no I've never heard of a bridge collapse why?"

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Reminds me of a similar thing that keeps making the rounds, along the lines of "City council refused to build a stairway up this hill in a park. Now a local dad built one by himself for a couple hundred bucks, but the city tore it down again at the cost of thousands of dollars!"

The unspoken background being that the local guy's stairway was a rickety piece of poo poo that would at best last a year before it inevitably breaks and probably injures somebody quite badly.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That's not even recycling, it's reusing. "Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle" are all separate terms and placed in order of effectiveness.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Someone just really likes the fallout aesthetic.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Perestroika posted:

Reminds me of a similar thing that keeps making the rounds, along the lines of "City council refused to build a stairway up this hill in a park. Now a local dad built one by himself for a couple hundred bucks, but the city tore it down again at the cost of thousands of dollars!"

The unspoken background being that the local guy's stairway was a rickety piece of poo poo that would at best last a year before it inevitably breaks and probably injures somebody quite badly.

I had to yell at a friend of mine about how the local dad's precarious, not-to-code stairway created an unsafe affordance and was worse than nothing.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Scholtz posted:

That's not even recycling, it's reusing. "Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle" are all separate terms and placed in order of effectiveness.

Thank you! I've been saying this for years. First, try to do without. Second, try to find a way to reuse what you couldn't avoid using. Finally, when it's at its end of life, dispose of it responsibly.

Everyone gets so hopped up on Recycle because it's the new fancy word. Or it was new, I guess, when Al Gore invented the internet and he said "what hath god recycled" on that dragon ball BBS or whatever.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

It's not even that. Reduce and Reuse means I have to stop buying fancy new poo poo and either use less or use bad old things like a poor would. Recycle means I can keep up my cycle of consuption and disposal without guilt.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Please give me the source for this glorious image.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Just some forgettable 50 follower cryptofash Twitter account I think. The impression I got from the post was the notion that people from notoriously liberal colleges are just so susceptible to groupthink that it's only the minority of edgy "independent thinkers" that can out wit our AI overlords.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. But I definitely see this pattern with reactionaries in painting progressives as devoid of self reflection or independent thought, preferring to just blindly follow whatever the safe popular rhetoric is at the time.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Panfilo posted:

Just some forgettable 50 follower cryptofash Twitter account I think. The impression I got from the post was the notion that people from notoriously liberal colleges are just so susceptible to groupthink that it's only the minority of edgy "independent thinkers" that can out wit our AI overlords.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. But I definitely see this pattern with reactionaries in painting progressives as devoid of self reflection or independent thought, preferring to just blindly follow whatever the safe popular rhetoric is at the time.

So projection, then.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm curious how that could possibly apply to pressing one of two buttons provided

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Brawnfire posted:

I'm curious how that could possibly apply to pressing one of two buttons provided
You really think they could demonstrate the ability to think for themselves on anything of actual real-world meaning?

Also the button thing would've just been the dude being random mathematically with digits of pi or some poo poo

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I’ve actually played that before. It’s easy to get very close to 50% if you just apply your Aryan will to pressing the keys kinda randomly. It’s easy when you have feedback.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I want a deathtrap not a bridge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That story reminds me of the Google engineer that became convinced an AI was sentient. "Oh poo poo the program though I was going to type f and then I did, reality is a loving simulation bro"