Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
ok I'm giving up on the podcast after getting jumpscared by G. Amato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

JAMOOOL posted:

ok I'm giving up on the podcast after getting jumpscared by G. Amato

ł ฿ɆⱠłɆVɆ ł₦ ₮ⱧɆ ₱Ø₩ɆⱤ Ø₣ ₥ɆⱤ₵Ɏ. ĐØ ɎØɄ?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

I, Butthole posted:

Holy poo poo

Holy poo poo

Dekkar
Dek kar

De kar

The car

if i could take it all back
take it back into the start
i'd tell myself to walk away
not to get into dekkar

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I feel that Joey P. is slowly realising that everyone involved with On Cinema is a fruit cake. He has always deferred to Tim when arguing about the stars/bags issue and the pre-recorded reviews. But his reaction to Tim's suggestion he has DCRS was quite telling. Also where is Kali?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kali has a busy schedule and can't drop everything for an early recording

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I've rewatched the episodes from this season 3 or 4 times each and I have yet to not rock out to the opening song.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
ITS THE KNOCKOUT

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The hard work we been putting in for years
(I love that the camera is focused on Joey during that shot)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

huh posted:

I feel that Joey P. is slowly realising that everyone involved with On Cinema is a fruit cake. He has always deferred to Tim when arguing about the stars/bags issue and the pre-recorded reviews. But his reaction to Tim's suggestion he has DCRS was quite telling. Also where is Kali?

I don't think Joey can come out of this season (and/or Oscar Special) without being on Tim's enemies list.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

huh posted:

when a confused joey asked gregg to clarify that he was giving a highest-score-possible rating for "night swim" and then politely moved on, i knew, this guy is not long for this world

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That DICK! posted:

when a confused joey asked gregg to clarify that he was giving a highest-score-possible rating for "night swim" and then politely moved on, i knew, this guy is not long for this world

Joey is On Cinema's Frank Grimes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Unrelatedly I was just watching Gravity Falls and was amused to find that Gregg voices a recurring character, basically using his Neil Hamburger voice

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I was a little concerned about this season with the writers strike pushing it back, but it's clear that they're at the top of their game

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Nichael posted:

Joey is On Cinema's Frank Grimes.

I think that might be Larry Turman

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Unrelatedly I was just watching Gravity Falls and was amused to find that Gregg voices a recurring character, basically using his Neil Hamburger voice

Toby Determined! intrepid reporter!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think that might be Larry Turman

still wonder if this guy was fully in on the joke

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/@dekkarofficial/videos

if you scroll down you'll see some 7 year old videos that look like Italian Kidz Bop, but I get the "video is not available in your country" message when I try to click them. however the video itself is running almost as if that message is the actual video itself? idk if that's how YouTube actually works

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvlDq-mSaQ8

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Data Graham posted:

This is terrifying.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

JAMOOOL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/@dekkarofficial/videos

if you scroll down you'll see some 7 year old videos that look like Italian Kidz Bop, but I get the "video is not available in your country" message when I try to click them. however the video itself is running almost as if that message is the actual video itself? idk if that's how YouTube actually works

The videos are all from a couple days before empty bottle was uploaded, so I assumed it was just Kayfabe that they repurposed A&M's old youtube channel or something. I couldn't figure out a way to see if the channel used to have a different name, but that would be fun.

e: but to answer your question no, youtube doesn't work that way. So they uploaded the videos with the only video being the still image, and chose a thumbnail to make it look like kidz bop italia.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 1, 2024

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i really dont listen to enough music, or something, cause that fkin song is still stuck in my head (youre dead to meeee)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

derp posted:

i really dont listen to enough music, or something, cause that fkin song is still stuck in my head (youre dead to meeee)

I feel embarrassed but it doesn't actually seem funny bad, and actually seems good-ish. I feel like the in-character joke here is they actually are decently talented without Tim T. Amato's toxic influence.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That’s an advanced joke to pull off

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i want tim's hand to spontaneously reject him

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Tim is a talented song writer IRL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR6tpI1_ASE

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yes, flippin love his sincere music, really good

people have a hard time wrapping their heads around it not being a goof, its just good music

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Empty Bottle slaps and so does Oscar Fever

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlmuIHHx68s

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Doltos posted:

Empty Bottle slaps and so does Oscar Fever

every once in awhile the marching band version of oscar fever pops into my head

it's a pleasant occurrence

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the milk machine posted:

every once in awhile the marching band version of oscar fever pops into my head

it's a pleasant occurrence

I love that one.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Nichael posted:

I feel embarrassed but it doesn't actually seem funny bad, and actually seems good-ish. I feel like the in-character joke here is they actually are decently talented without Tim T. Amato's toxic influence.

one of my favorite jokes with Dekkar is when they perform during the Oscar Specials and Axiom takes over a vocal part which reveals that he has a much stronger voice than Tim does

I like Tim's solo music too, the style is not really up my alley but it's good enough that I listen to it anyway - Fear of Death and High School are both great LPs, as is the Yellow River Boys one. It's just such a hard thing to pull off, to do comedy in such a meta way playing a dozen different versions of "Tim Heidecker" with certain bits that have immersed themselves deeply in internet culture, then turning around and doing a sincere solo album. I don't think it's possible for him to capture the sort of audience that say, some new musician doing that kind of music would get - when I saw him live, *everyone* seemed to know the On Cinema stuff, but a lot of them had no idea what his music sounded like. In fact a think a few people there had no idea he was doing a show with a band at all. But it was really good!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

JAMOOOL posted:

one of my favorite jokes with Dekkar is when they perform during the Oscar Specials and Axiom takes over a vocal part which reveals that he has a much stronger voice than Tim does

I like Tim's solo music too, the style is not really up my alley but it's good enough that I listen to it anyway - Fear of Death and High School are both great LPs, as is the Yellow River Boys one. It's just such a hard thing to pull off, to do comedy in such a meta way playing a dozen different versions of "Tim Heidecker" with certain bits that have immersed themselves deeply in internet culture, then turning around and doing a sincere solo album. I don't think it's possible for him to capture the sort of audience that say, some new musician doing that kind of music would get - when I saw him live, *everyone* seemed to know the On Cinema stuff, but a lot of them had no idea what his music sounded like. In fact a think a few people there had no idea he was doing a show with a band at all. But it was really good!

his album of Trump songs "Too Dumb for Suicide" has a version of "Trump's Private Pilot" sung by Father John Misty and it is far superior to Tim's version

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
G. Amato is so scary. incredible performance

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
What's that smell
Sure smells nice
Won't you save me a slice
of that Licorice Pizza

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Has g amato stripmined the hei ranch yet

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I believe in the power of mercy.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Whether you prefer Dekkar Classic or have found Corwin to be a magnetizing new frontman, there is something for everyone on Fill Me Up Again... The Dekkar Anthlogy!

Rock out to your favorites like 'Empty Bottle', 'MT BOTL 2.0', and 'MT BOTL 3.Q' along with other historic favorites and the brand new renegade track 'Ride with the Devil'!

Fill Me Up Again... is streaming now on your favorite music platform*.

*some services are still populating

And if you haven't heard the latest news from Dekkar, tune in to Season 14 of On Cinema at the Cinema and catch up today!

what is this, backpeddling on the corwin hate already? what is going onnnn

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
lol this anthology, ride with the devil stands out so much hahah, going from that song straight into six different empty bottle versions is so hilarious

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
listening to all these songs in a row is a different kind of funny, really seems to be a theme in on cinema to do the same joke over and over and over and somehow it is still funny ten years later, and holy crap all these empty bottles

and then i get to Qui Con Me and I'm thinking 'what is that, did i miss this one somehow?' BUT NO IT'S EMPTY BOTTLE AGAIN, axioms original version that they played during the trial as evidence, whyyy on earth would tim put that on an album holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I assume Ax and Manuel released it. Tim's terrible Australian(?) affectation in Trigger Everything is so good