Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

October surprise will be Biden laying out a tapestry of obscenity over Trump in public so foul and profane that sailors and truckers everywhere blush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

I will say this, one thing that's really impressed me about Joe Biden over the last 4+ years has been his ability to somehow not just casually drop an F bomb in any public or televised event he's done so far. You'd think by now we'd have like at least 5 clips of him doing it.

I'd say that's a big loving deal.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kazil posted:

PBS is in the pocket of Big Bird

Coming for Dora and Daniel Tiger next

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Murdstone posted:

There won’t be any debates unfortunately.

I don't think they will debate at all.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

the debat

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Can't want for the first deluge of Republicans to be like

:reddit: He can't say that about Donald, where's the decorum, how un-Presidential, a bloo bloo bloo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If Trump won't debate, Biden should make a recurring deal of it.

Trump "afraid" to debate.
Trump not brave enough to face Biden on the stage.
Challenge his ego, watch him rage and flail.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I will say this, one thing that's really impressed me about Joe Biden over the last 4+ years has been his ability to somehow not just casually drop an F bomb in any public or televised event he's done so far. You'd think by now we'd have like at least 5 clips of him doing it.

See, this (among many much more material reasons) is why I can never run for President, I could not restrain myself from letting out at least one "oh, gently caress you," on a hot mic when dealing with jackass Republicans all day every day as a job.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Civil posted:

October surprise will be Biden laying out a tapestry of obscenity over Trump in public so foul and profane that sailors and truckers everywhere blush

Also legalized weed.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Asterite34 posted:

Trump must, by hand, pay $1 to every man, woman and child in America, individually, in alphabetical order

While I don't need the dollar, I think this would be great because he won't be able to get that much cash and the humiliation of it would be worth having a party to just laugh at him.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

redshirt posted:

If Trump won't debate, Biden should make a recurring deal of it.

Trump "afraid" to debate.
Trump not brave enough to face Biden on the stage.
Challenge his ego, watch him rage and flail.

I have absolutely no doubt this is precisely what they’ll do

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Repeatedly calling him a loser is a good strategy Biden should use more often

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

I know correlation is not causation but does anybody have any info at hand regarding approximate dates and years that America gutted funding for mental hospitals under the guise of deinsitutionalization? tia

i believe that would be the reagan era.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm curious why Engoron keeps pushing the decision back, there can't be all that much to consider here it's not like Trump actually had a case to make
Even if you made the decision like a month before the trial, you have to justify it in writing. If you want your decision to survive appeal you have to lay out your reasoning, cite the cases for the law you're going to propound, then cite from the record why you're applying the law in that way. You can go, "okay I find the Trumps guilty of everything, he pays $texas" but then the appellate court will throw it back in your lap. No trial judge wants their decision reversed on review and the more work you do now is less work you have to spend later if god forbid you get ordered to hold a new trial. Legal writing is anything but freeflowing in the best of times too, if you bluebook cite everything it takes for loving ever.

Plus the speculation that new stuff arose, but he's not supposed to consider anything else that wasn't present at the trial. The whole body of evidence should have been provided at the trial and if he wants to consider new data he has to invite the parties to brief him on it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

nine-gear crow posted:

I would respect Biden a lot more if he dropped an F bomb at a presser.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

kw0134 posted:

Even if you made the decision like a month before the trial, you have to justify it in writing. If you want your decision to survive appeal you have to lay out your reasoning, cite the cases for the law you're going to propound, then cite from the record why you're applying the law in that way. You can go, "okay I find the Trumps guilty of everything, he pays $texas" but then the appellate court will throw it back in your lap. No trial judge wants their decision reversed on review and the more work you do now is less work you have to spend later if god forbid you get ordered to hold a new trial. Legal writing is anything but freeflowing in the best of times too, if you bluebook cite everything it takes for loving ever.

Plus the speculation that new stuff arose, but he's not supposed to consider anything else that wasn't present at the trial. The whole body of evidence should have been provided at the trial and if he wants to consider new data he has to invite the parties to brief him on it.

This. I'd rather the work get done up front to make sure it's done right than to rush it just for public optics.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I really hope Biden just tells Trump to shut the gently caress up live on air during a debate. That would rule.

I really doubt Trump's handlers would let him near a debate right now.

Dude's brain is so far gone he's likely going to start using the N-word pretty soon.

Both N-words.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

i read a couple books about the campaigns and apperently he swears like sailor when the cameras are off. makes him a real pennsylvanian

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Powershift posted:

Dude's brain is so far gone he's likely going to start using the N-word pretty soon.

Both N-words.

Biden telling Trump to shut the gently caress up and Donald firing back by calling Joe the n-word would be the funniest piece of recorded media of all time.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Powershift posted:

Both N-words.

…what’s the second one?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao unironically this makes me excited to vote for joe biden

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Regalingualius posted:

…what’s the second one?

Nerfherder

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

Froghammer posted:

Repeatedly calling him a loser is a good strategy Biden should use more often

"Donald Trumps doesnt have the money to run for president"

Of course this will just lead to the chuds donating to the lumpy orange one, but calling tromp poor would possible cause him to stroke out.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Powershift posted:

Both N-words.

Regalingualius posted:

…what’s the second one?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Regalingualius posted:

…what’s the second one?

N*clear

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ :mods:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

weg posted:

Biden telling Trump to shut the gently caress up and Donald firing back by calling Joe the n-word would be the funniest piece of recorded media of all time.

I listened to some of that AI real-time Trump-Biden debate thing and that's exactly what happened

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

weg posted:

N*clear

mother
FUCKER

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Regalingualius posted:

mother
FUCKER

Don't quote it!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
neoliberal?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Trump is entering into business dealings with ghosts now?! :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I love this reference

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Chuds are angry because schools don't teach cursive anymore (?) and so nobody reads the Declaration of Independence anymore (?) And it's all part of ((((their)))) plan (?)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Wx9d6F/

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Civil posted:

https://youtu.be/r8-dzxTsA0M

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
it's clearly rhiNO.

I am still amazed that the GOP has not done a drat thing to break from trumpy. I mean, throw out anyone else that actually has a snowball's chance in Hell to get elected. make Trump take his crazies elsewhere, split into a new party.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

ABC News posted:

As described to ABC News, the line of questioning in several interviews ahead of Trump's indictment last year on classified document charges suggests that -- long after the FBI seized dozens of boxes and more than 100 documents marked classified from Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate -- Smith's team was trying to determine if there might still be more classified documents there.

According to sources, some investigators involved in the case came to later believe that the closet, which was locked on the day of the search, should have been opened and checked.

As investigators would later learn, Trump allegedly had the closet's lock changed while his attorney was in Mar-a-Lago's basement, searching for classified documents in a storage room that he was told would have all such documents. Trump's alleged efforts to conceal classified documents from both the FBI and his own attorney are a key part of Smith's indictment against Trump in Florida.

Jordan Strauss, a former federal prosecutor and former national security official in the Justice Department, called the FBI's alleged failure to search the closet "a bit astonishing."

"You're searching a former president's house. You [should] get it right the first time," Strauss told ABC News.

In addition to the closet, the FBI also didn't search what authorities have called a "hidden room" connected to Trump's bedroom, sources said.

Smith's investigators were later told that, in the days right after the search, some of Trump's employees heard that the FBI had missed at least one room at Mar-a-Lago, the sources said.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/special-counsel-questioned-witnesses-2-rooms-fbi-search/story?id=106826552

Jesus christ Trump probably still has more stolen classified documents.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cowslips Warren posted:

it's clearly rhiNO.

I am still amazed that the GOP has not done a drat thing to break from trumpy. I mean, throw out anyone else that actually has a snowball's chance in Hell to get elected. make Trump take his crazies elsewhere, split into a new party.

Christie tried, Trump called him fat and he dropped out.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I bet in a heads up competition, t swift could beat trump both in the ring or at the ballot box. I would love to witness either.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ProperCauldron posted:

Chuds are angry because schools don't teach cursive anymore (?) and so nobody reads the Declaration of Independence anymore (?) And it's all part of ((((their)))) plan (?)

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Wx9d6F/

someone is always angry about handwriting on both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Serious_Cyclone posted:

PragerU Kid silhouette sort of looks like a little boy wearing a dress, WOKE

I'm reading it as a Harry Potter-like figure in a robe. Young wizard going up against the Wraiths. Something PragerU would 100% be calling "Satanic" in any other context.