Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm pretty sure my ex wasn't cardassian, but that would explain a lot of the things she did.

Were they missing any molars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Did their dirty talk mention the cloaca

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did they enjoy elevated temperatures?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Would they stick spoons on their foreheads, "as a joke" every morning?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Did she ever look out the window and mutter “there goes the neighborhood?”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Did she ever claim to have contracted a rare blood disease as a child and therefore her DNA tests were "weird".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does she say she watches a lot of keeping up with the Kardashians but her pronunciation is a little different

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

Some fun TNG behind the scenes photos

https://imgur.com/gallery/CMgsCIy
I want to see the version of Data's Day where he wants to learn unicycling instead of dancing

"STOP, DATA!"

Also Bashir's sanctuary district fit looks like something you'd actually see in 2024. If I had the talent and inclination I'd turn this into a "steal their look" meme

dadrips fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 1, 2024

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

I don't know, their spies can impersonate just about any species pretty convincingly. Did your ex flirt by being irritable?

Once when her brake light went out and I spent a little too long looking up what size bulb her car needed she said "I thought you were a man" so yeah, she did.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Did she put yamok sauce on everything?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

dadrips posted:

Also Bashir's sanctuary district fit looks like something you'd actually see in 2024. If I had the talent and inclination I'd turn this into a "steal their look" meme

I'd 100% wear this out of the house.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The least realistic thing about it is the idea that poor-people clothes in 2024 include a bunch of wool knits

I'd love that knit hoodie

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Did her taste in books run to "repetitive epics" in which several generations of the same family face similar story themes? (e.g. James A. Michener novels.)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

This drip would set you back thousands. You would wind up poor enough for the sanctuary district.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

big time brother sharp vibes

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kinda looks like he's got a towelling robe on

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sanctuary Chic

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Is....is that a scarf or...a hooded sweater underneath?

I do love the big jacket tho, ngl. Everything is so fitted on those starships.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The pleat is throwing me. I don't know why. I think it's because pleats are such a chaotic random thing in how they've appeared in fashion - you can never tell when pleats are going to come back into style, it's just happens sometimes - but it's certainly not now.

Still, overall good shot at future fashion.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Wait poo poo apparently pleats JUST came back into fashion in late Dec/early Jan? gently caress, they're so chaotic!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Without it can an outfit truly be cum-pleat?

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

dadrips posted:

The closest thing I can find to this on Etsy costs around $90 (which is stupidly affordable for a hand knit wool hoodie with a zipper (they can be super annoying to add)).

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
drat that actually looks kind of neat

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
Support crafters! You pay 1.5-2x more (usually) but get a longer-lasting product while also supporting someone who is fulfilling their passion.

Here is an asymmetric one with a cool pocket situation:

This one is less sci fi but is lined with fleece for extraplanetary warmth:

I'm pretty sure this is in every TNG episode about exploring a beige rock- or desert-planet:

(Disclaimer: I have never seen any of these shops before and don't know anything about the creators, I just tried to find hoodies on Etsy that were made by independent artisans rather than by sweatshops that list on Etsy.)

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

We are visitors. We've come to trade our cloth.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
this is the precise episode ty

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Watching René Auberjonois's first Warehouse 13 episode (The Eureka cross-over), and god, he played such a good "mischevious child crazy person" and "homocidal rogue AI"

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Watched a few ENT episodes, one of which has a plot that has been recycled across many shows for a long time. The crew find a planet with fuel, the locals are being exploited by Klingons so the Enterprise crew teaches the downtrodden to punch above their weight and set up traps to defend themselves. This plot continues to be used today, most recently for me was in Mandalorian.

Next was a T'Pol episode where she has to perform Vulcan intelligence. On paper I bet it sounded way cooler than it played out, too bad. Then in episode 8 the crew manages to expose a pre warp civilization to phasers, communicators, cloak technology and alien biology after Reed drops a communicator and they screw up the retrieval. :thumbsup: Pretty good episode. I bet Picard's crew studied that disaster at the academy about but they didn't leave any tech behind so it could have been worse. Also Archer is beat up and punched in the mouth for the 6th or 7th time.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What's Vulcan intelligence?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

An oxymoron :grin:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

databasic posted:

Support crafters! You pay 1.5-2x more (usually) but get a longer-lasting product while also supporting someone who is fulfilling their passion.

Here is an asymmetric one with a cool pocket situation:

goonrushed, apparently

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Watched a few ENT episodes, one of which has a plot that has been recycled across many shows for a long time. The crew find a planet with fuel, the locals are being exploited by Klingons so the Enterprise crew teaches the downtrodden to punch above their weight and set up traps to defend themselves. This plot continues to be used today, most recently for me was in Mandalorian.

That particular script recycle at least has a sort-of excuse to exist, as it was intentionally made as a homage to Seven Samurai and one unused Roddenberry script draft called "Kentucky, Kentucky".

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I choose to believe the O'Brien Founder was actually the chief just having a giggle at Sisko's expense.

"Shoulda seen his feckin' face when I told him how many shapeshifters were on Earth."

EDIT: It's still nuts to me how much Kira and Dukat end up hanging out. Dukat is the messiest bitch in the quadrant.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 2, 2024

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I mean, closely followed by Kira

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I choose to believe the O'Brien Founder was actually the chief just having a giggle at Sisko's expense.

"Shoulda seen his feckin' face when I told him how many shapeshifters were on Earth."

EDIT: It's still nuts to me how much Kira and Dukat end up hanging out. Dukat is the messiest bitch in the quadrant.

I love how Dukat founded a suicide cult just to get back at Kira. The guy was committed to the part.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Watching René Auberjonois's first Warehouse 13 episode (The Eureka cross-over), and god, he played such a good "mischevious child crazy person" and "homocidal rogue AI"

Excuse me, there was a Warehouse 13 / Eureka crossover!?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

goonrushed, apparently

Well drat, I was thinking of buying one. We are the collective.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

Animal-Mother posted:

Well drat, I was thinking of buying one. We are the collective.

If you want one, please message them directly. Crafters can make things to order and typically want to.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Excuse me, there was a Warehouse 13 / Eureka crossover!?

Yeah, Fargo comes to the Warehouse to upgrade the computer system accidentally awakening an AI that René Auberjonois's character Hugo had installed in the 70s. No one knew about it because he had accidentally looked at a zoetrope artifact that fractured his personality with the child-like wonder and mischievous side staying in his body (causing everyone to think he'd had a mental breakdown and so they institutionalized him) and the analytical part going into the AI. So it saw the records of what the current Warehouse team had been up to, decided this was all against regulations and started trying to kill them.

There's also a Eureka where Claudia goes to Eureka because they were trying to give the two of them a cross-show nerd romance. And another Warehouse 13 where the actors who played Jo and Zane are a money-desperate couple who come into possession of a lucky poker chip in Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

databasic posted:

If you want one, please message them directly. Crafters can make things to order and typically want to.

"Yeah, I want exactly this but with every stitch being a starfleet delta.

Yes I'm serious"