Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Wing is good.

08th MS Team is solid middle-tier Gundam. Since then, Reconguista in G, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Witch From Mercury, Build Fighters, and Build Divers Re Rise were all better

Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

tenderjerk posted:

wing is the lovely one all of america loves and seed is the lovely one all of japan loves
genius post

genericnick posted:

I'll never get why goons love Wing, but what can you do.
because it was on tv when we were young. duh.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
wing is badass. duh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

the Wing movie is cool

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Things Gundam Wing accurately predicted: The rise of drone warfare and how initially it would be used by the imperial core to oppress the third world “without political consequence”, only later for said third world to use the technology to mass produce cheap expendable swarms to humiliate the imperial powers militaries.

Things Gundam Wing did not accurately predict: The revival of mid nineteenth century fashion.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gundam Wing’s biggest problem is that its boy band leading cast are one dimensional archetypes who barely go through any character development, and if you hate any one of those guys then it’s aggravating because you’re gonna keep seeing them all the time.

I remember thinking Chang Wufei sucks but he was also the least featured pilot so it didn’t weigh down the show too much for me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
wing had gundam deathscythe which by itself makes the series good by default

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thunderbolt has a key element missing in other series JAZZ :sax:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gundam Wing’s biggest problem is that its boy band leading cast are one dimensional archetypes who barely go through any character development, and if you hate any one of those guys then it’s aggravating because you’re gonna keep seeing them all the time.

I remember thinking Chang Wufei sucks but he was also the least featured pilot so it didn’t weigh down the show too much for me.

There's your problem. You think the pilots are the lead. The real lead has the best character development in the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2S4q581-To

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LwpNaZzTA

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Gripweed posted:

There's your problem. You think the pilots are the lead. The real lead has the best character development in the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2S4q581-To

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LwpNaZzTA

yeah, but remember that she drops out of the series around the midpoint and then all of her interesting characteristics are given to Dorothy when she actually returns ten episodes later.

the production team shakeup made her boring

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Popy posted:

also 90s animation

Yes we see your avatar

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

galagazombie posted:

Things Gundam Wing accurately predicted: The rise of drone warfare and how initially it would be used by the imperial core to oppress the third world “without political consequence”, only later for said third world to use the technology to mass produce cheap expendable swarms to humiliate the imperial powers militaries.

Things Gundam Wing did not accurately predict: The revival of mid nineteenth century fashion.

what character represents the third world?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mecha Gojira posted:

yeah, but remember that she drops out of the series around the midpoint and then all of her interesting characteristics are given to Dorothy when she actually returns ten episodes later.

the production team shakeup made her boring

she drops out of the series after trying to assassinate someone. then when she returns she's suddenly all in on pacifism to the extent that she opens a school to teach people about this thing she picked up the month before. dorothy's pretty great, though.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
All the gudamns before the lesbian one are boring garbage ime

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes we see your avatar

well um acTually the best gundam show Zeta came out in the 80s :hehe:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

tokin opposition posted:

They're all boring and the only thing I know about that one is that theyr actually just good friends

My fiance likes Wing a lot though

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

galagazombie posted:

Yet.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

retard

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Communist Thoughts posted:

They're all boring and the only thing I know about that one is that theyr actually just good friends

My fiance likes Wing a lot though

they're lesbians Howard, there's rings and everything despite the desperate flailing of the fossilized c levels

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: I totally called Hayashi being an accomplice. Though it wasn't exactly hard to predict, since I think she's the only obvious "character who keeps surviving" who never has any sort of PoV.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, that's why I want to see it. This is CSPAM. But I'll respect your boundaries.

Off the top of my head, there are a bunch related to characters being "traps" that are completely incomprehensible to me (like it's obvious they're referencing something, but I have no idea what)

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Feb 2, 2024

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok, so you've read spy x family
But what if you didn't have that stupid annoying kid and her dog stealing the show?
Well good news! Marriage Toxin is about a poison using assassin who is going to protect his lesbian sister from an arranged marriage by hiring a golddigger to show him how to date.
Also the golddigger is trans or trans-adjacent

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
marriage toxin is excellent. the gender nonconforming character is a feminine guy. i hope hima nd the mc get married and have babies (gero pregnant)

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

War and Pieces posted:

It’s not a single character it’s literally the third world. The whole premise of the setting (really 90% of Gundam settings) is the Colonies and little countries are exploited by international capital (The Alliance and the Romefeller Foundation). Then the exploited colonies form the White Fang and manufacture huge swarms of cheaper shittier Virgos that overwhelm the first worlds militaries. Then things get wacky.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

trowa

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've decided that the monkey mountain manga is good, because (as far as I can tell from the latest chapter that is obviously very close to the end) it basically portrays the characters murdering pharma employees as being generally justified/sympathetic. To the extent that the manga may not approve of their actions, it obviously considers the pharma decision-makers the greater villains.

Also it's very funny to me that one of the monkeys is a genuine monkey monster man and they're just like "yeah that one's real, no one knows what his deal is."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

It's good I'm looking forward to the last two chapters coming out

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tokin opposition posted:

have you watched the ones about the gay men?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

despite the kinda silly premise monkey peak is probably the most grim one I've read so far. there's a lot I've skipped because they're dull/cliche or pointlessly disgusting. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the results for "horror" on mangadex. honestly the most anime I've consumed in decades

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

Wild.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

War and Pieces posted:

have you watched the ones about the gay men?

iron_blooded_orphans.gif

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i just finished reading dungeon meshi and holy poo poo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You dropped this insert crown emoji here

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I feel like "is it bad to send children to war in giant robots" is a question that doesn't need ten trillion anime series to answer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

tokin opposition posted:

I feel like "is it bad to send children to war in giant robots" is a question that doesn't need ten trillion anime series to answer

That's fine because Gundam is about a lot more than that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

how about you talk about poo poo you actually know about bitch

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hathaway is about how terrorism is right.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gripweed posted:

That's fine because Gundam is about a lot more than that.

no a story can only have one theme I learned this in book class

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

yes it does it's sick as hell and i like to watch it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Sorry I didn't care for weeb transformers I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Witch From Mercury made the mistake of teasing a way more interesting show with the episode set on Earth. hey, who are these refugees with mechs? where are they going? never to be seen again? ok.