Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Back to O's talk:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1753224946594283794

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yo let's loving go????

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1753226557043138764

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There has to be more, right? That's not much at all for Burnes. If that's it, I am *very* happy about this trade.

E: For not O's fans, Ortiz is a good SS prospect but is blocked by Holliday and Westburg up the middle, and Hall is a fantastic lefty who can't stay healthy enough to stick in the rotation. Gonna miss his arm in the back of the bullpen though.

Artix fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 2, 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Holy poo poo that's a coup by the O's, assuming the new ownership can extend him

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Sydin posted:

Holy poo poo that's a coup by the O's, assuming the new ownership can extend him

He’s a Boras client

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sydin posted:

Even if they can't, they look real good this year.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Yeah not hopeful they’ll extend Burnes, but very hyped on this trade. Ortiz was always going to get traded with Gunnar and Holliday in front of him.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Full trade is apparently Ortiz, Hall, and the #34 pick this year for Burnes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Hand Row posted:

He’s a Boras client

It's not without precedent, see Strasburg. If the new owners want to make a big splash I'm sure they could name a price that would satisfy Boras.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Seems like a good deal for the Orioles. They didn't give up one of the big prospects here. Hall has been up and down a lot and it's unclear if he will be a permanent starter. I assume Milwaukee will be using him as one this year though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This improves the O's WS odds and also makes the Brewers worse this year, win-win from my perspective. :cheers:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wowww they actually did something, I really thought they were going to just roll with what they had until maybe the trade deadline.

A little surprised they dealt Hall, but Joey Ortiz needed to go somewhere he wouldn't be hopelessly blocked so I'm happy for him

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seems like a good deal for the Orioles. They didn't give up one of the big prospects here. Hall has been up and down a lot and it's unclear if he will be a permanent starter. I assume Milwaukee will be using him as one this year though.

And Ortiz gives them a replacement for Adames.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

so the Brewers are gonna sell some more parts right? Might as well move Adames now too...

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
God drat the ink isn’t even dry and Os already making moves

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

this is neat

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
https://twitter.com/Orioles/status/1753233045069439238?t=YOE_93zwbN0ypmbfZk7kYg&s=19

It's official.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I like this timeline where the Orioles are ascendent in the NL East. Finally somebody to root for in that division.

waffy
Oct 31, 2010
Wow, that was a better trade than I ever expected for the O’s. I didn’t even know Burnes was still on the table. What a week for Baltimore.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

the Orioles

quote:

in the NL East.

Uh...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

With the universal DH, who can tell

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

need a new gang tag "trough pisser"

:doit:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oh shut up I'm four 7% ciders in tonight

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

I like this timeline where the Orioles are ascendent in the AL East. Finally somebody to root for in that division.

Yeah it's a good time! Go O's.

Fixed for ya

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Yankees better get the 2021 Rodon.........

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The Brewers basically gave away their ace JFC.

At least we don't have to face him 4 times a year anymore

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Brewers giving up on the season early this year

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
An absolute heist by the O's, sheesh.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://twitter.com/jnorris427/status/1753245501175017943

They will probably never have control or have health issues but this is fun

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This rocks go O’s

Saw this quote out there:
“Yesterday the Orioles had the best farm system in baseball. Today the Orioles have the best farm system in baseball and Corbin Burnes.”

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I really hope the new ownership is more progressive about streaming. I haven't watched an Orioles game since 2015. I'd easily drop $10 or more per month to stream MASN.

Maybe there was some other legal red tape, but it just didn't seem like the Orioles take streaming seriously.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fast Luck posted:

This rocks go O’s

“Yesterday the Orioles had the best farm system in baseball. Today the Orioles have the best farm system in baseball and Corbin Burnes.”
I'm not even sure Ortiz was one of their top 10 prospects at this point

He was pretty superfluous with all of those other infielders they have already

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Fast Luck posted:

This rocks go O’s

goddamn

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ortiz never felt like an actual future Oriole to me, he always seemed like a trade piece waiting to happen

which isn't to say he was bad, they just have a glut of middle infield types

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
nice trade by the orioles

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Komet posted:

I really hope the new ownership is more progressive about streaming. I haven't watched an Orioles game since 2015. I'd easily drop $10 or more per month to stream MASN.

Maybe there was some other legal red tape, but it just didn't seem like the Orioles take streaming seriously.

Only if MASN brings back Gary Thorne.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wonder what they asked the Yankees for for Burnes.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

maffew buildings posted:

I'm a MERVERTED TROUGH PISSER who's with me

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU