Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

These watery textured ones the last few days have been really nice.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

#FLACO

https://twitter.com/JanetAndSusan/status/1751026495999316467

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

This is great, and now I know about Flaco

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

HopperUK posted:

This is great, and now I know about Flaco

Thanks! That silhouette and composition was just too much. I had no choice but to doodle.

Also: #FLACO

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Doodling a bit of a cityscape for Flaco reminded me how much I enjoyed drawing them, so I kept going.

Reminded me how much I enjoyed working on previous Ellison Hoover studies:

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 27, 2024

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I want to try and draw some silly comics from my life, so I’m challenging myself to draw myself for the first time using fashion selfies. Though i still haven’t worked out a style to do my own face without feeling Weird. Tips???

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I think The Void one is very funny personally, but I think you should try drawing a comic with the different Face Styles and seeing what feels good. You might also try doing a more quote-unquote serious self portrait to decide what features you'd really emphasize in a more stylized drawing but you will absolutely feel More Weird doing that, it'd be a very "The only way out of it is through it" you know?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Medenmath posted:

These watery textured ones the last few days have been really nice.

ty, i'm really enjoying drawing these watery ones. they're way more tedious than they look tho.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Finally got something out I'm OK with.

Her name is Molli and she's a potential alternative guide character for my next visual novel. I have two ideas for the next VN and both involve guides to gently give the player an objective. Mollie happens to be of mixed heritage between a couple of races native to a world build of mine (that hate each other). The plot is the same though -- Division XIII which hunts down the immortal fae who have lived too long is using a new program in which they introduce faeries to mortals in order to form friendship bonds so they learn to live, surrendering their immortality. This is both more humane and a lot less trouble than hunting them down and ending them before the faeries go bad and cause problems for everyone.

(I use the term 'faerie' and I use the Seelie/Unseelie courts, but I'm using the term as generically as it was used originally and you could just as easily use the term 'yokai' or 'ghost')

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Smik posted:

Finally got something out I'm OK with.

Her name is Molli and she's a potential alternative guide character for my next visual novel. I have two ideas for the next VN and both involve guides to gently give the player an objective. Mollie happens to be of mixed heritage between a couple of races native to a world build of mine (that hate each other). The plot is the same though -- Division XIII which hunts down the immortal fae who have lived too long is using a new program in which they introduce faeries to mortals in order to form friendship bonds so they learn to live, surrendering their immortality. This is both more humane and a lot less trouble than hunting them down and ending them before the faeries go bad and cause problems for everyone.

(I use the term 'faerie' and I use the Seelie/Unseelie courts, but I'm using the term as generically as it was used originally and you could just as easily use the term 'yokai' or 'ghost')

She's *fun*. I like her.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

HopperUK posted:

She's *fun*. I like her.

Thanks!

I think I posted this already but for context, Nem is the original guide character.

I did design Molli to be fun. While both Nem and Molli work for Division XIII, Nem is far more serious and a bit melancholy. My current plan is that Nem shows up in the immediate sequel to my first VN and Molli is in an unrelated story 5 years later since by that point Nem might have retired, I haven't nailed down the canon yet.

I'm currently trying to post them together until I see which one is more popular.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 12

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

the values/contrast in this is just beautiful. and i'm in awe of the collar ruffles.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HELLO. I got jealous and mad and stopped posting for over a month because of that. I'm done being a dumb bitch now though so here's the backlog:

#2091: spoiler for self harm

#2094: 2023 Tally: 187 onesies, 13 calendar pages, 15 comic pages, ~ 1 drawing / 2 days. Reached #2000, drew 16 depressos, 3 animations, and 6 paintings.

#2095: editor wars shitpost

And this is where a series starts in which I attempt to reconcile the earlier "boyfriend" images I've done with the canon I established in the comic I made in fall.

The idea being that these take place years before the comic. Yukari got into a very bad depressive slump and their relationship fell apart as a consequence.

#2104: Decided to give Siina another make-over.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Shinmera posted:

HELLO. I got jealous and mad and stopped posting for over a month because of that. I'm done being a dumb bitch now though so here's the backlog:

Man do I ever know that feeling. I'm not done being dumb myself though. Glad to see your backlog!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 13

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

tried to make more distorted tiles but i didn't distort them enough lol

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Gnossiennes posted:

tried to make more distorted tiles but i didn't distort them enough lol

This is amazing hand drawn. Your ability for continuity is quite fantastic.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Old times. Old ideas.

Edit: somehow lost the imgur link and need to upload the source image again.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 3, 2024

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

IkeTurner posted:

This is amazing hand drawn. Your ability for continuity is quite fantastic.

repetition is fun!

stayed in the grid today instead of trying to distort it. i like making patterns like this, but even simple stuff like this takes such a long time to draw by hand. i really enjoy doing it, but it's a shame i never got the same feeling from making patterns in illustrator; it's hella faster that way.

also you might wanna check your imgur link -- it's erroring.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Smik posted:

Man do I ever know that feeling. I'm not done being dumb myself though. Glad to see your backlog!

It's an ever lasting struggle.

#2105: Decided to give these three a slight redesign

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 1, 2024

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94_9J77Tww

FISHDOG

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

remembered that the time I got the most art done was when I was trying to make games so i've started trying to do that again. wanted to scribble out an idea for a menu layout, see how it would look

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Day 14

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
#FLACO

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013