Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Victory Lap posted:

Danielle Smith, Alberta's premier shithead and Conrad Black, kind of a lovely Canadian knock off of Rupert Murdoch because I can't remember his exact crimes.

i was going to correct you on this but i guess he got his citizenship back last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

Ghostlight posted:

cass eris goes through his books quite exhaustively https://www.youtube.com/@CassEris

Looks interesting, thanks!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Any good Jorp deconstructions of this sort of calibre? Found this very funny

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/decoding-the-gurus/id1531266667?i=1000570977686

https://youtu.be/v9zjjj8NP3g?si=1siEVxeX--beT4F-

https://youtu.be/8Xq9I0i88Ak?si=5zgW4yMdFO-5m-6I

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I enjoyed the Some More News jorperson episode on YouTube. It was short and sweet just don't look at the timestamp.

Jinkeloid
Jan 6, 2024

Dweller of the
Mythical Oriental Continent
Hopefully I'm not bringing up something that's already been discussed(a quick forum search didn't return any result), has anyone heard of this Peterson Academy thingy?

It's suppose to launch this year, I wonder what this might end up being.

He's also claiming that that education will be "at 95% lower cost" with "better quality" than traditional bachelor degrees.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The Peterson Academy logo featuring two broken pillars that offer no support is some incredible symbolism

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Songbearer posted:

The Peterson Academy logo featuring two broken pillars that offer no support is some incredible symbolism

The pillars look like Peterson's lower legs in one of his ugly striped suits.

Jinkeloid
Jan 6, 2024

Dweller of the

Songbearer posted:

Good idea, someone should make a version of this logo with its pillars collapse lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jinkeloid posted:

Hopefully I'm not bringing up something that's already been discussed(a quick forum search didn't return any result), has anyone heard of this Peterson Academy thingy?

It's suppose to launch this year, I wonder what this might end up being.

He's also claiming that that education will be "at 95% lower cost" with "better quality" than traditional bachelor degrees.

Cannot fuckin’ wait for the lawsuit when a jorp degree is seen as a disqualifying factor from employment

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Learn how to think, not what to think, promoted by a guy who cries whenever what someone else thinks doesn't match what he thinks.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Ghostlight posted:

convicted fraudster famous for investing in the daily telegraph but now employed writing opinion articles for the epoch times.

Even more cursed: he wrote a biography about Henry Kissinger. My dad has a copy of it, and I have no idea why because my dad disliked both of them.

Jinkeloid
Jan 6, 2024

Dweller of the

mojo1701a posted:

Even more cursed: he wrote a biography about Henry Kissinger. My dad has a copy of it, and I have no idea why because my dad disliked both of them.

Dunno if its "cursed", there's thing called hate watching ya know.

I also follow Tucker Carlson and Professor Lobster, just for the lolz, they can be quite entertaining at times.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jinkeloid posted:

Dunno if its "cursed", there's thing called hate watching ya know.

I also follow Tucker Carlson and Professor Lobster, just for the lolz, they can be quite entertaining at times.

While Sons of Anarchy and Dexter have soured me entirely on hate-watching anything anymore, I feel it's generally good to at least be aware of the publicly-known broke-brained tools like Tucker and Fucker here. It's like a 'know your enemy' type of thing I guess, without being as dramatic.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Meat Coma University had some trademark issues with woke Disney

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

mojo1701a posted:

Amazing that out of the three men there, Black is probably the best dressed. His jacket doesn't quite fit, but that's because he's old and out of shape. Tucker dresses like a college Republican without the red tie, and Peterson is... well, Peterson.

Hey now, poor Tuck hasn't been able to wear a tie since the Jon Stewart incident lmao

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ghostlight posted:

the albertan premier and a convicted fraudster famous for investing in the daily telegraph but now employed writing opinion articles for the epoch times.

Look what Alberta's Premier did yesterday, days after meeting with Jorp, Tucker and Conrad Black:

gently caress all these people so hard

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was thinking the other day that I would enjoy Jorp more if he wore a Dracula cape while making his videos.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Please, he sucks enough already

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I would enjoy him more if he were impaled through the heart and buried in a forgotten crypt.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

For a guy who hates gulags, he sure makes a good case for them.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Another Bill posted:

Look what Alberta's Premier did yesterday, days after meeting with Jorp, Tucker and Conrad Black:

gently caress all these people so hard

That’s it. I’m smuggling rats in there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

too late, it looks like

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Danielle Smith has spent her career as the head of the fraser institute. The fraser institute's M.O. was just to take money from billion dollar businesses to push policies that would make them more money. She wrote articles in the 90s about how smoking wasn't bad for you and maybe it's actually good for you? How dare you take away our personal freedoms, stupid doctors who say it gives you cancer!!! She'd cite a Real Doctor, who's entire career was being paid by the fraser institute to say smoking was good actually.

The fraser institute itself was primarily funded by a low key canadian billionaire Peter Munk, he stays out of the headlines. This billionaire got his money by running a brutal gold mine in New Guinea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porgera_Gold_Mine where the company people would rape and murder the local populace at will, and pay off the local government to let them do it. The Fraser Institute also gets funding from the Koch brothers, and of course at some point the tobacco companies.

She was once regarded as a local kook, but then boomers got really into facebook and facebook fed them a bunch of super dumb poo poo. Now Danielle Smith is the premier of Alberta. She's in the process of sabotaging and selling off our healthcare system, our daycare programs, and our utilities, and our provincial parks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got Jorp blocked on Twitter but I did get a giggle from a repost that he's apparently got a bone to pick with Elmo now.
https://twitter.com/marionumber4/status/1752783829461315725?t=H1JKEI_5kUrzd6VpY1-doA&s=19

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Arc Hammer posted:

I've got Jorp blocked on Twitter but I did get a giggle from a repost that he's apparently got a bone to pick with Elmo now.
https://twitter.com/marionumber4/status/1752783829461315725?t=H1JKEI_5kUrzd6VpY1-doA&s=19

Hhahahahahahahahahah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Elmo could totally kick Jorp's rear end.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Guaranteed he hates the muppets because people keep telling him that he sounds like one

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I was talking to my psychologist the other day and realized he has kind of a Kermit voice too

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Carl Sagan had a Kermit voice. It’s a truly neutral quality.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I AM GRANDO posted:

Carl Sagan had a Kermit voice. It’s a truly neutral quality.

What? No he didn't. A Muppet voice maybe but not Kermit

I've always thought Hugo Weaving styled his Agent Smith after Sagan, like a malevolent version of maybe the coolest scientist to ever live.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Mister Speaker posted:

What? No he didn't. A Muppet voice maybe but not Kermit

I've always thought Hugo Weaving styled his Agent Smith after Sagan, like a malevolent version of maybe the coolest scientist to ever live.

You can almost hear Smith describe something as crumbly but good

And then of course in the third movie there are billions and billions of him

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I am genuinely unsure if he knows that Elmo is not an actual being. I have no confidence in his ability to discern fundamental, material reality.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Samovar posted:

I am genuinely unsure if he knows that Elmo is not an actual being. I have no confidence in his ability to discern fundamental, material reality.

He legitimately used to be able to. But then he fried his brain. He is absolutely not all-right.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Arc Hammer posted:

Of all the weird poo poo going on with him the one thing I can't get over is how any time he's on camera, he sounds like some quacky pseudo-intellectual, but on Twitter he sounds like a raging teenager screaming at his Xbox.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Andrew Doyle giving lectures on Shakespeare is very on-brand for jorp. He's an Irish comedian who has in recent years steered heavily to far-right, complete with transphobia, whining about woke culture, being a guest on Tucker's show and having his own show on a far-right tv channel which has been accused of homophobia, racism and been investigsted for stuff like lying about COVID.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

While very funny, it is also somewhat troubling that something is clearly very wrong with Jorp and no one is even trying to help him.

They just keep letting him basically pants himself over and over again in public while everyone laughs.

Dude is screaming at puppets on the Internet. He is not well.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 5, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Samovar posted:

Elmo is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drHHMimDR8A

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

So is anime. Pokemon are real. Geodude is real, and strong, and he is Obama's friend.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bunch of people on twitter are saying it's fake and I can't seem to find it.

Like I want to believe he's raging at Elmo, because I see that as yet another nail in his career's coffin, but I don't believe it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Bunch of people on twitter are saying it's fake and I can't seem to find it.

Like I want to believe he's raging at Elmo, because I see that as yet another nail in his career's coffin, but I don't believe it is.

He has raged about Elmo (see below) but that particular tweet is fake.

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1752919463429644726