Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i watched no country for old men today and had to get this out of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if the road to wrestlemania you followed brought you to this,… of what use was the road

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the road to wrestlemania you followed brought you to this,… of what use was the road

gently caress lmao

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

god drat what a page.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Raskolnikov38 posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Can't wait for 2K's inevitable Punk showcase mode where it's all matches from like 2011 and then the last level it flashes forward a decade and you have to recreate Punk showing up in the Rumble and immediately eating poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
no one can defeat roman he's too strong... would a worthy opponent please stand up

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk’s showcase is just a 4K QWOP where you attempt to complete Punk’s entrance without injury.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Punk’s showcase is just a 4K QWOP where you attempt to complete Punk’s entrance without injury.

This should be more of a joke until you remember this literally happened.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
They'll have a backstage brawl stage where Punk has to valiantly defend Larry from an onslaught of Non-Copyright Infringing Young Bucks CAWs, like the Fighting Polygon Team from Smash Bros

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god drat

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i said god drat

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(scott steiner talking about samoa joe voice) he's skinny!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
(Punk injures himself trying to do the buckshot lariat, followed by the media scrum and Brawl Out)

Hangman Page: This is turnin' into a hell of a mess, ain't it, Mox?
Jon Moxley: If it isn't, it'll do until the mess gets here.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

an elderly cm punk sits by the window of the nursing home. he don’t get many visitors, but he’d have nothing to say lately, like the voiceless of the voice, all shouting at cobwebs of the mind, worker’s rights, real glass. He turns to the nurse and moans

“what do my knuckles say?”

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no one can defeat roman he's too strong... would a worthy opponent please stand up

Punk's knees are alright, he can stand up!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/brock-lesnar-removed-from-wwe-supercard-game

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:golfclap:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fart Radio posted:

A question that's on my mind: if we get our collective wish and there's a total cleaning house of WWE's upper management and culture, who does TKO get to run the company?

Some non wrestling person who will run it like a proper company instead of a carny poo poo show.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

new thread title

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Some non wrestling person who will run it like a proper company instead of a carny poo poo show.

I have some bad news for you about every other business in the world

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just like WCW!
I'm not trying to disparage what you're saying but there is a small sample size of what happens when wrestling companies are run by corporate suits unfamiliar with the profession and it's it's own kind of shitshow.
I mean hopefully it won't degenerate into 3 piece suit Jonestown again but it'll probably still be ugly. Possibly hilariously so.
Though with Cody's people person skills there is a non-zero percent chance he'll be put in charge of creative. The corpos won't know their asses from their elbows and he's probably the wrestling guy who is best equipped to put on the kind of bullshit smokeshow pitch they'll buy.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 2, 2024

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I would love Cody to be in charge of Creative. Full, unadulterated Codyverse and the total control of The Elite in American professional Wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is how Dan Ryckert wins

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ChrisBTY posted:

Just like WCW!

I wouldn't cry if WWE got WCW'd.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I wouldn't cry tears of joy if WWE got WCW'd.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think if the current crop of management were to be removed then we’d probably get some suits and pals of the Rock running things and most booking would be done by AI. Eventually they’d realize they need someone with experience to evaluate/manage talent and somehow Jeff Jarrett will get that job.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cm punk tries to fix his injuries in his hotel room using items he stole from a grocery store. He slips in the tub and snaps his acl. Out for another 14 months.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Feds are coming for the Fed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punksutawney Phil saw his shadow, 6 more months of injury

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

STONE COLD 64 posted:

This is how Dan Ryckert wins

He said “proper company and not a carny shitshow”

Dan getting to do 8 hours of primetime tv Burgle My Bananas or whatever would be chaos

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Chris James 2 posted:

Holy gently caress mods new thread title lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Just like WCW!
I'm not trying to disparage what you're saying but there is a small sample size of what happens when wrestling companies are run by corporate suits unfamiliar with the profession and it's it's own kind of shitshow.
I mean hopefully it won't degenerate into 3 piece suit Jonestown again but it'll probably still be ugly. Possibly hilariously so.
Though with Cody's people person skills there is a non-zero percent chance he'll be put in charge of creative. The corpos won't know their asses from their elbows and he's probably the wrestling guy who is best equipped to put on the kind of bullshit smokeshow pitch they'll buy.

Not that it isn't fraught with its own issues, but generally the rest of media runs with creatives doing the creative part and business people doing the business part. There is obviously meddling, but wrestling is a form of scripted entertainment, no reason to think the model that works elsewhere couldn't work there. A professional boss that understands who does what best would be amazing.