Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Yeah I definitely want to get food from a place that is openly advertising that they don't believe in science and health codes. I'm sure they don't have any weird ideas other than the political ones and would feel totally at ease eating food from there. Luckily, places like that usually close down shortly as the whole thing is just an outlet for some chud to burn out on and restaurants are hard enough to keep going without being owned by the mentally ill. Even big names like Boebert can't keep serving diarrhea sliders forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

It’s arrested development. ALL the way down.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1753394078169899440?s=20

Trump throwing documents :lol:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I like the idea of Trump throwing privileged documents full of stuff the other side didn't know at the opposing attorneys, and then yelling at Habba in another room while said attorneys pick up the documents and read them, their eyes slowly growing wider and wider

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Total Party Kill posted:

FREEDOM BITES holy poo poo.

I'm trying to imagine the inverse of this restaurant for the left and my brain just can't.

What would the food be? What food is coded as conservative/rightist in the US?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Pirate Radar posted:

Overcooked boiled steak and raw milk.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

What a petty, pathetic turd of a man.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I get that the Chud voters love Trump for the reasons stated previously, and I also get that there are elected congresspeople and Senators who are basically gutter level Chuds at this point as well. But, there's plenty of elected Republicans who are smart enough to see Trump for what he is. To see the danger he poses to not just this country, but to themselves, their wealth, their families. And yet, almost in lock step, they fall in line and do what he demands. It's like an insanity they've all been caught up in.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

There’s always money in the berder stand, Daniel.
It’s Donald. Jr. I’m named after you.
Whatever.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Pirate Radar posted:

Ranch dressing (put on everything).

zone
Dec 6, 2016

redshirt posted:

I get that the Chud voters love Trump for the reasons stated previously, and I also get that there are elected congresspeople and Senators who are basically gutter level Chuds at this point as well. But, there's plenty of elected Republicans who are smart enough to see Trump for what he is. To see the danger he poses to not just this country, but to themselves, their wealth, their families. And yet, almost in lock step, they fall in line and do what he demands. It's like an insanity they've all been caught up in.

The only thing that matters to them now is owning the libs. They're too far in to back out now.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

redshirt posted:

without the cousin fucker vote they'd have to get regular jobs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

As with everything, it's less what they are "For", and much more what they are "Against".

So, vegetarian anything, anything healthy, free range eggs, vegetables, "Foreign food", etc.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hasn't she told him to gently caress off a few times now?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

zone posted:

The only thing that matters to them now is owning the libs. They're too far in to back out now.

Actually they just want a dumb rubber stamp. Lib-owning is a bonus, but not the goal from a federal politician's perspective.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

The inverse is a totally normal smoothie place, with pictures of blueberries and whatever in place of 1776 cult garbage.

This. "Woke" is now just anything that isn't caked in tasteless, fake patriot MAGA poo poo. But to add, it wasn't even that long ago that they would have derided a smoothie place as "communist" because they offered keto and vegan options, like this place does. Conservatism in 2024 is just co-opting normal society and slapping cheesy Trump cult poo poo onto it.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

"Disease X" is just COVID-19, right? And they refuse to acknowledge that it is still the same COVID that's smacking into all of their horse pasted asses?

Having listened to a bit of Alex Jones (by listening to the Knowledge Fight podcast), any time someone from a government health agency mentions preparedness or generally doing anything other than pretending covid-19 was the first and last time a virus ever caused a problem, you get Alex and those like him claiming that as proof that "They're doing this to get us ready for when they launch the next virus, which they'll use as an excuse to get everyone to take a poison shot"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

redshirt posted:

It’s not insanity. It’s cowardice. Cowardice and/or hostage to compromising information.
See also: those 8 or 9 Republican senators that went to Russia for the 4th of July a few years back.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just lol at all the giant AI poo poo slapped on the wall of that smoothie place. My personal fave is 6 finger trump in the uncle sam pose.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kazil posted:

yes but all of those were informal requests. This is the first congressional subpoena. She'll ignore/challenge it appropriately.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

The Duff brewery scene with the three different flavors being filled from the same pipe, except it's labeled "woke smoothies" and "patriot smoothies."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

drat twitter is ripping of SA now?

we like the only place that leaves up modded posts

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is there a such thing as low level background anxiety because I think I have that regarding the election.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kazil posted:

Yes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Catastrophe posted:

She was absolutely certain she was the second coming of Jackie Onassis the instant she got her husband to raise his hand for the running.

Its even funnier when you remember the story about Ron purposely mispronouncing "Thai Food" when going on dates. So scared of someone that would correct him then ended up with a leash around his neck anyways

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/politics/roberta-kaplan-donald-trump-deposition-maralago/index.html

quote:

Kaplan continued: “He came back in and he said, ‘Well, how’d you like the lunch?’ And I said, ‘Well, sir, I had a banana. You know, I can never really eat when I’m taking testimony.’ And he said, ‘Well, I told you,’ — it was kind of charming. He said, ‘I told you, I told them to make you really bad sandwiches, but they can’t help themselves here. We have the best sandwiches.’”

quote:

In a separate anecdote, Kaplan detailed the end of the deposition when she was set to leave, saying that Trump told her: “See you next Tuesday” – a phrase that is often used as a derogatory euphemism directed at women.

“We come in the room and I say, ‘I’m done asking questions’ and immediately I hear from the other side, ‘Off the record. Off the record. Off the record.’ So they must have planned it. And he looks at me from across the table and he says, ‘See you next Tuesday,’” she recounted.

Kaplan said that she was initially confused, as their next meeting was set for a Wednesday. “You could tell it was like, it was like a kind of a joke again, like teenage boys would come up with. But again, I wasn’t in on the joke,” she said.

“I wasn’t in on the joke, so I had no idea. Then we get into the car and my colleagues are like, ‘Robbie, do you know what that means?’ And I’m like, ‘No, what are you talking about?’ They tell me and I’m like, oh my God, thank God I didn’t know because had I known, I for sure would have gotten angry. There’s no question I would have gotten angry,” Kaplan said.

what an absolute piece of poo poo

nobodygetshurt fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 2, 2024

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Is there a such thing as low level background anxiety because I think I have that regarding the election.

Yes, it's called being alive.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol what a fuckin dweeb.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pirate Radar posted:

Like,
Bacon
Deer
Beer(nothing imported and NO BUD)
Steak
lovely hot sauce

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

angst

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Yes, it's called being alive.

I seem to recall that Trump anxiety was a recognised thing by mental health professionals in the lead up to and during his term as president.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

Well-done steak (with ketchup)
Casseroles
"Salads" that are 80% mayonnaise
Chicken-fried anything
Half-price apps at Applebee's
Frito pie
Any recipe calling for a can of condensed mushroom soup
Fried Oreos/Twinkies
Fruit cocktail (canned, with syrup)
Manwich/sloppy joes
Pre-woke Aunt Jemima

You know, "American cuisine".

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

redshirt posted:

They're well aware that too many R's are aging out (dying), while they've pissed off the younger Americans thoroughly, and that issue will only accelerate as time goes on which is going to be problematic and then gradually more disasterous for them over time.

So they see this as their last real chance to get or hold onto power for another ~10-16yr (similar, but worse, to what happened to the D's throughout the 80's to early 90's) at the presidential level.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I've never loving heard of this euphemism ever

Bit it makes sense Trump always brings back the weirdest most esoteric and insulting poo poo possible

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s a great peak at the stupid lengths Trump will go to for pointless petty gestures: planning out in advance how he can make an esoteric, barely legible insult without getting it into an official record. I bet he rode on that high for the rest of his day, as he smugly lapped in the latest crazy take from Fox News or Newsmax.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
See you next Tuesday has real Let's Go Brandon vibes.

I can feel the isolation levels these phrases create in the people who are targeted by them. So alone. So cold.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

god what a petty prick.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

They're well aware that too many R's are aging out (dying), while they've pissed off the younger Americans thoroughly, and that issue will only accelerate as time goes on which is going to be problematic and then gradually more disasterous for them over time.

So they see this as their last real chance to get or hold onto power for another ~10-16yr (similar, but worse, to what happened to the D's throughout the 80's to early 90's) at the presidential level.

Well, I don't doubt some of them are legitimately on the "seize power forever" train, and that's no longer just a paranoid fantasy.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

An extremely small group of things that are "manly" at the most surface level of whatever "manly" is supposed to be. Steak, but the cheapest and toughest cut available because the people buying it can't cook it properly or understand what a good cut of meat is and/or means. Bacon, but only if the wife is willing to cook it. lovely light beer but you have to drink at least a 12-pack of it in one sitting or else you're a "pussy". Anything that isn't a vegetable cooked at high heat on a Traeger pellet grill.

All the best food in America is imported by immigrants. Mexican food and Vietnamese food being good examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tek79 posted:

An extremely small group of things that are "manly" at the most surface level of whatever "manly" is supposed to be. Steak, but the cheapest and toughest cut available because the people buying it can't cook it properly or understand what a good cut of meat is and/or means. Bacon, but only if the wife is willing to cook it. lovely light beer but you have to drink at least a 12-pack of it in one sitting or else you're a "pussy". Anything that isn't a vegetable cooked at high heat on a Traeger pellet grill.

All the best food in America is imported by foreigners. Mexican food and Vietnamese food being good examples.

Pizza