Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Soul Glo posted:

He said “proper company and not a carny shitshow”

Dan getting to do 8 hours of primetime tv Burgle My Bananas or whatever would be chaos

gently caress, man.

I'd have to start watching the WWE. I can imagine some too serious wrestleman getting constantly angrier and redder until he looks like a fire truck as Dan Ryckert explains the 7 pages of increasingly convoluted rules for the Hell in a Cell in a Shell championship Mario Party tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

Punksutawney Phil saw his shadow, 6 more months of injury

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gonzo McFee posted:

I would love Cody to be in charge of Creative. Full, unadulterated Codyverse and the total control of The Elite in American professional Wrestling.
cody finishes the story :unsmith:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
cody's story will not be finished until he wins the belt for his daddeh in madison square garden

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
and then he will lose it to roman reigns on smackdown

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

New thread title, new thread titles every hour I don't care.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Last two pages are all timers goddamn

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we're cooking today

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lmfao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

gently caress, man.

I'd have to start watching the WWE. I can imagine some too serious wrestleman getting constantly angrier and redder until he looks like a fire truck as Dan Ryckert explains the 7 pages of increasingly convoluted rules for the Hell in a Cell in a Shell championship Mario Party tournament.

The only way Cody will finish the story is by bonus stars making him randomly win the Mario party at the last second

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the road to wrestlemania you followed brought you to this,… of what use was the road

Chris James 2 posted:

Punksutawney Phil saw his shadow, 6 more months of injury

You know as sad as it is seeing the original Myth of CM Punk die, it makes me smile that the Truth of CM Punk can unite us all. Thank you CM Henderson for the Brotherhood of LOLs.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

No Territory for Old Men

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

rotinaj posted:

The only way Cody will finish the story is by bonus stars making him randomly win the Mario party at the last second

Mario Party is a game of skill so we know how it'd end.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Cody winning the Rumble only to go after the WWE equivalent of the TNT belt is some high comedy

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Should I go after the “unbeatable” guy who only beat me with cheating or the annoying fuckface with the loser belt I beat three times one of which with a broken titty? Long term storytelling that only captain trips could put together.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

weekly font posted:

Should I go after the “unbeatable” guy who only beat me with cheating or the annoying fuckface with the loser belt I beat three times one of which with a broken titty? Long term storytelling that only captain trips could put together.

Cody is Homelander so him choosing the path of least resistance despite his vast powers is spot on.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

:thurman:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think from Seth's perspective it makes sense. He wants a challenge, it's a big deal to be chosen by the winner of the Rumble, and he can offer a fair fight without any interference. Plus Cody has beaten him so denying Cody the win at Mania is a great way to make up for those losses.

Likewise Cody might see that as the easier way to get his moment so you can get why he would be tempted by that offer.

Now it absolutely needs to end with Cody choosing Roman otherwise Cody looks like a dweeb, but the offer and his considering of it is fine

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Roman's title run will continue unabated for another 1,000 days and Cody will have spent his entire second WWE run fighting Seth Rollins over and over and over again (and maybe a slight scuffle with someone who the company no longer wishes to acknowledge)

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The funniest thing about all of this is that they could've just split the Roman belts in the past year but instead created the "well he doesn't want to lose ever so now we got this belt" championship

:lol:

And Roman has 3 belts actually too, I just remembered :lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

Roman's title run will continue unabated for another 1,000 days and Cody will have spent his entire second WWE run fighting Seth Rollins over and over and over again (and maybe a slight scuffle with someone who the company no longer wishes to acknowledge)

Don't remember Cody scuffling with Vince

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rarity posted:

Don't remember Cody scuffling with Vince

Brock Lesnar is also getting the "he's gone so everything's okay!!!" treatment in the WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Brock Lesnar is also getting the "he's gone so everything's okay!!!" treatment in the WWE.

Yep

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1753449715302019109?t=rU4rj-CuDN6h_qt7FosPHw&s=19

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wowza

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Fart Radio posted:

A question that's on my mind: if we get our collective wish and there's a total cleaning house of WWE's upper management and culture, who does TKO get to run the company?

it'll be the principled girlboss who left the company when all this happened, stephanie

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

99 percent???

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Sure, Brock Lesnar is implicated in a series of sex crimes that go to the literal top of the WWE, but they can't just STOP selling his stuff! There's profit to be made.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

99 percent???

They don't have the heart to mark down the "PISSED" Brock Lesnar shirt

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think from Seth's perspective it makes sense. He wants a challenge, it's a big deal to be chosen by the winner of the Rumble, and he can offer a fair fight without any interference. Plus Cody has beaten him so denying Cody the win at Mania is a great way to make up for those losses.

Likewise Cody might see that as the easier way to get his moment so you can get why he would be tempted by that offer.

Now it absolutely needs to end with Cody choosing Roman otherwise Cody looks like a dweeb, but the offer and his considering of it is fine

I agree Cody should spend as much time considering cowardice as possible, it's great storytelling.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it'll be the principled girlboss who left the company when all this happened, stephanie

This has a nasty amount of true possibility to it, imo

Oof

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Miching Mallecho posted:

The funniest thing about all of this is that they could've just split the Roman belts in the past year but instead created the "well he doesn't want to lose ever so now we got this belt" championship

:lol:

And Roman has 3 belts actually too, I just remembered :lol:

I feel like there’s a non-zero chance of Cody beating Seth night one, then losing to Roman in a unification match night two. And then the cycle starts all over again with yet another Fake Title For Losers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gotta watch that movie again. Why do yall think Sugar got hit by the car? My take has always been, and I remember talking about this with a buddy when we worked at Hollywood Video, that it was like he's been unstoppable the entire movie the filmmaker wanted to remind you about the chaos of violence and how it was random. Sugar's whole thing is about following rules but if this was the rule he followed that brought him to that intersection, of what use was the rule?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it also leads to another punch of a message in the movie in that the kids immediately begin fighting over the money he gives them

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it happens after the wife directly calls out his philosophy as self-serving bullshit.

Which is why him walking away from a wreck with his arm in a sling is the most CM Punk ending possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/cm-punk-wwe-locker-room-is-everything-the-business-is-supposed-to-be

quote:

I'm very careful about saying, like, where you work is your family. Because I think your family is your family and where you work is your job. But it's been a great support system. And just certain looks from certain people I get, and then I start crying again, you know? And Cody's one of them. He's a great dude. This locker room is everything the business is supposed to be. It's everything the business was sold to me as being. And it's remarkable, and that's why I'm so sad. I'm not sad I hurt my arm, I'm sad I'm temporarily out of this amazing situation.

laughing
my
loving
rear end
off