Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

Someone just posted it...

No, those are completely different things, it is extremely ethically dubious to be perusing criminal charges against someone that you are attacking politically, you are allowed to gently caress coworkers, most companies have written workplace policies on loving coworkers ethically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I have hosed a couple coworkers ethically before (one was my boss, I just had to tell HR about it and sign a love contract)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Isn't she his boss? I'm pretty sure that's unethical in every situation.

It's not a conflict of interest but their being horny has definitely tainted the prosecution in one of the most important cases in the history of the US.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

if you aren't having consensual sex with your coworkers can you really say you're working as a team player?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Meanwhile, buy my TRUMP coin and my TROMP NFTs!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

There are some iffy questions about his qualifications, maybe, but no one is suggesting he is being paid fair market rate for services rendered. Also they are saying their relationship started well after he was hired and started working, that is basically alleging some quid pro quo that basically makes him a sex worker with a J.D.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's a little different here because i think wade is functionally her employee or her report, rather than her peer? so like, again, depending on the specifics, i could see disciplinary charges being lodged - but that's akin to saying "boy, alina habba is definitely going to get disbarred for lying to and manipulating a victim for durlnd dong drumpf!"

yeah, she probably will. it has nothing to do with the cases she continues to lose, though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

HKR posted:

if you aren't having consensual sex with your coworkers can you really say you're working as a team player?

I mean if you work in a morgue by yourself….

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Those are customers. Can't gently caress customers. I tried.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

The would be like loving a chicken carcass if you worked in the poultry department, not like loving a coworker.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
It doesn't affect the case in the literal sense of what are the charges and body of evidence. Obviously the process could be affected in particular if she loses reelection (she's up this year and it's her first term as DA). I can't imagine some MAGA DA winning in Fulton County, so it's likely if she did lose whoever replaced her would continue the case. But it's possible that would cause delays or that the person taking over wouldn't be quite as aggressive about it or something.

Either way nothing was happening before the election anyway. So Trump will either be president, in which case the GA case means nothing, or already be facing prison time in NY or federal court, in which case it doesn't matter so much if this delays things.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I can tell you this it completely taints the whole loving case and there's going to be nonstop news articles about them loving.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Coolguye posted:

it's a little different here because i think wade is functionally her employee or her report, rather than her peer? so like, again, depending on the specifics, i could see disciplinary charges being lodged - but that's akin to saying "boy, alina habba is definitely going to get disbarred for lying to and manipulating a victim for durlnd dong drumpf!"

Again, this is why most companies have ethical policies and loving co-workers, even direct reports. The issue is not the loving, the issue is favoritism and coercion. He is by all accounts a skilled attorney, it would be super hard to argue either of those are happening here. What is being being suggested is that this is somehow a kickback scheme, but that is a high bar.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

what precisely does this have to do with the case at hand

you all keep confusing disciplinary issues with conflicts of interest on a case

they are not the same
What it has to do with the case that she's the DA leading the prosecution.

How do you suppose this (alleged) disciplinary issue is resolved if it is found that she acted inappropriately? Do they tell her to just not do it next time? TBH I don't know what are the chances that she's DQd over this, there's no remedy specifid in the section I quoted.

Obviously we don't really know eerything, maybe she's telling the truth now. But like how loving hard is it not to have an affair with someone you hire in one of the highest profile cases in the history of history? Fuuuck.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
All they needed was a crack. If she can hand it off, she might want to do that asap.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Three Olives posted:

There are some iffy questions about his qualifications, maybe, but no one is suggesting he is being paid fair market rate for services rendered. Also they are saying their relationship started well after he was hired and started working, that is basically alleging some quid pro quo that basically makes him a sex worker with a J.D.

This assumes that they are telling the truth about when the relationship started.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Can you trust people stupid enough to do this poo poo to handle prosecuting a president?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

kazil posted:

This assumes that they are telling the truth about when the relationship started.

One would hope the DA knows better than to straight up lie in court filings.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
At this point it's pretty obvious that TRUMP has CHIM

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mons Hubris posted:

One would hope the DA knows better than to straight up lie in court filings.

I sure hope so. This whole thing is so stupid though, who knows anymore.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

big nipples big life posted:

Can you trust people stupid enough to do this poo poo to handle prosecuting a president?

Can you trust people stupid enough to BE TRUMP to be president?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Trump responds:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think that this may also give Georgia legislature ammunition to impeach her.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Outpost22 posted:

At this point it's pretty obvious that TRUMP has CHIM

It's the only logical conclusion at this point, yeah

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I wish more workplaces would have the courage to be like, 'Naw man, this office FUCKS'. Now that would make America great again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

doge and her anti horny bat have failed the nation.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

Again, this is why most companies have ethical policies and loving co-workers, even direct reports. The issue is not the loving, the issue is favoritism and coercion. He is by all accounts a skilled attorney, it would be super hard to argue either of those are happening here. What is being being suggested is that this is somehow a kickback scheme, but that is a high bar.
Maybe at a dicksucking factory when it's a considered a required qualification.

Here's a quote from my employee manual:

quote:

It is impermissible under this policy for a manager to date or otherwise have an intimate relationship with an employee who is in the manager's reporting line.
You and a family member or individual with whom you share a personal relationship must withdraw from participation in activities or decision (including hiring, evaluations, promotions, compensation, work assignments and disciplinary action) that may reward or disadvantage one or the other.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Total Party Kill posted:

Those are customers. Can't gently caress customers. I tried.

Buddy, ….

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Honestly I'm gonna just consider that case blown and be pleasantly surprised if it ends up that it proceeds forward.

Onto the documents case I guess.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Way back when this started I had heard from a few lawyers I trust that they were worried about this. She is apparently not very well respected and there had been rumors of this for a while

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If they both step away from the case right now, it's salvageable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why must everybody in any position of authority be a complete and total moron

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah the Georgia case is probably done. I really won't be surprised if Georgia legislature use this as an excuse to impeach her.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Did she do anything that actually mishandled the case itself? LIke, the evidence is still the same, right? I'm not sure how that would even be 'unfair' to Trump in a legal sense, "GETTING" him is indeed what she's supposed to do as the prosecutor.

Hell, it's probably a good thing, they can just steam ahead and add some more prosecutors while his defense does nothing to help, and he parades his rear end in there very loudly to attack and bitch about her, which as we know is just an opportunity for him to run his loving mouth and appear/embarrass himself.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 2, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This, I don't know about the legality of it but it sure makes me question their decision making ability

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Waffle House posted:

Did she do anything that actually mishandled the case itself? I'm not sure how that would even be 'unfair' to Trump in a legal sense, "GETTING" him is indeed what she's supposed to do as the prosecutor.

She didn't to anything that has any bearing on the fairness of the case but when you are doing something like prosecuting a former president for trying to overthrow the government you can't gently caress up and she and wade hosed up, big time.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Hollismason posted:

I can tell you this it completely taints the whole loving case and there's going to be nonstop news articles about them loving.

what, pray tell, would've stopped that?

Hollismason posted:

Yeah the Georgia case is probably done. I really won't be surprised if Georgia legislature use this as an excuse to impeach her.
what, pray tell, would've stopped that proceeding? it had started before these accusations even came up.

i dunno if this is a bit you are doing but if it is it sucks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Waffle House posted:

Did she do anything that actually mishandled the case itself? I'm not sure how that would even be 'unfair' to Trump in a legal sense, "GETTING" him is indeed what she's supposed to do as the prosecutor.

No, but the optics is so bad for probably the highest level court case we've seen in our lifetime. They need to shift it to another prosecutor if they can. It's loving dumb, but this is what Trump does and why he's been so successful in court. He just needs the smallest gotcha and it's loving done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Philthy posted:

No, but the optics is so bad for probably the highest level court case we've seen in our lifetime. They need to shift it to another prosecutor if they can. It's loving dumb, but this is what Trump does and why he's been so successful in court. He just needs the smallest gotcha and it's loving done.

Hell, it's probably a good thing, they can just steam ahead and add some more prosecutors while his defense does nothing to help, and he parades his rear end in there very loudly to attack and bitch about her, which as we know is just an opportunity for him to run his loving mouth and appear/embarrass himself. Like she can just sit there and be a target and get up in front and demonstrate that no evidence or anything was mishandled while he defames her publicly, which he just got nailed biiiiigtime for.