Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

These controls are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Do I have permission to post?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Win your first battle

MotherFUCKER

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

game's real good, but i need to unlock so much more stuff for my doodles. i'm only two fights in and i've got a crew of 3.

Dude's my first one and is a little ball throwing double birds

then there's Steg and he's a dancing fiend

and Bonono who looks more like a hostess fruit pie than a banana

turn off signatures

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 1, 2024

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

and Bonono who looks more like a hostess fruit pie than a banana

magic pengel banana looking badass

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The drawing aspect is neat but every time I redraw a monster with new parts I unlock it randomizes their spells and I can lose out on powerful control moves like feint and seals. It's mutants all over again.

I'm real mad because the combat is basically Mesuking and I thought I'd never have to see Mesuking again after clearing all the Kiwami sidequests. It's better though because the same move can't be used twice in a row so it's more than just pure luck.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm real mad because the combat is basically Mesuking and I thought I'd never have to see Mesuking again after clearing all the Kiwami sidequests. It's better though because the same move can't be used twice in a row so it's more than just pure luck.

Oh no.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

the one important bit i'm glad i learned about ahead of time is you never want to hit Delete on a doodle, because that'll remove all the XP it earned. hit undo repeatedly instead to get rid of all the parts and redraw and it'll keep the XP.

turn off signatures

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

turn off signatures

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The drawing aspect is neat but every time I redraw a monster with new parts I unlock it randomizes their spells and I can lose out on powerful control moves like feint and seals. It's mutants all over again.

I, um, don't think I'll be playing this.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I, um, don't think I'll be playing this.

please play it.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

please play it.

how was raidou 2

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

how was raidou 2

dunno, didn't play it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Unlock Designs

Zoe is just the angriest person in the world.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Ehh I'll try to stick this one out, not sure if it's for me though. Combat kinda just feels like rock paper scissors right now. Will I at least get to try the fish market guys' fish? He's hustlin pretty hard out there.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

my current freaks:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

combat tip, use charge if you're not sure what they're going to use next (between magic/attack/block) since that'll heal and power up your next move, and also one of their main 3 attacks will be disabled for next turn.

love this freak

turn off signatures

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:gas:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

turn off signatures

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
I was down on ffl, then it kind of turned around in the middle of the game. Now I'm getting destroyed over and over by suzaku and I'm back where I started

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gently caress the final Pengel boss

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

This prank has gone on long enough, what's the February pick?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Unlock Weapons
: Beat the game and post your winning team

One ball of dicks, one amalgamation of lumps, one Doodlebob. Retired the Amogus because I wasn't caring for the skillset. I will not be attempting the plat.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

i'm just adding on more and more crap to my doodles as stuff unlocks so they have max color points, i figure once everything's unlocked then i can really make some good poo poo. the banana got a spongebob karate hat.

look at them, they're evolving.

turn off signatures

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Get a mutant character to 99 mana (PLATINUM)
: Beat the game

As usual a thrilling final boss fight, my useless monster was dead and everybody else was just one turn away from oblivion. With base stats capped at 99 mutants are the new best class in the remake, humans pull ahead in Ocean and Sky but can't compete with unresistable Psi Swords. I was especially disappointed in Masamune, literally the last treasure in the game and it does double digit damage to the end boss with Str and Agi maxed. Monsters as always are kings of Continent, filler in Ocean and trash afterwards. SaGa ftw.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

: Enter the tower for the first time
: Collect two spheres
: Get a human character to 99 strength and agility
: Get a mutant character to 99 mana (PLATINUM)
: Beat the game

Pretty drat interesting game, I liked the different species leveling up in their own different ways, and the setting of the many worlds around the tower. God took me a bunch of attempts, Rebirth healing him up made things worse than mere Flare spamming and the moment I brought a monster with Psymirror to see if that would do anything, it got confused and died. But then God forgot to heal up so things were alright.
Now what I wonder is why is the char in the end screen the second team member.

Maybe I should look into the SaGa games.

This sig under renovation

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

: Enter the tower for the first time

First trophy of the new year, been playing too many 75+ hour RPGs to do much game clubbing and most of my time in this game was just mindlessly grinding in the starting area to boost my mutant. Now that I'm really in the meat of the game I'm enjoying it a lot though, looking forward to getting further in. Kind of wishing I just made my party 3 mutants and 1 human just for the trophy, my 1 mutant is definitely carrying the party so far even before she just deathgazes each boss out of existence. Only made it up to floor 4 and she's pretty close to the 99 mana trophy too.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
mutants lacking the inventory space ends up hurting you a lot because this game isnt afraid to do stone or deathgaze right back to you so you need some healing items as a failsafe for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

mutants lacking the inventory space ends up hurting you a lot because this game isnt afraid to do stone or deathgaze right back to you so you need some healing items as a failsafe for that

Yeah, playing with one mutant, one human and two monsters (who got no inventory space at all) made the inventory feel even smaller.

This sig under renovation