Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

That's loving incredible and I wish the Survivors would hear that coming at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7-3MUpTFs

This is depressingly true.

My buddies and I used to play for hours, now it's 3-5 games max, with at least one of us having a miserable experience every one of them due to getting tunneled or slugged, before we call it a night due to just not getting any joy out of it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve stopped playing unless there’s a Rift or event going on and I don’t really miss playing it nightly like I was two months ago.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve stopped playing unless there’s a Rift or event going on and I don’t really miss playing it nightly like I was two months ago.

Yeah I got super pissed trying to finish the survivor side of the Halloween event and just stopped playing as soon as I wrapped it up. I came back when Chucky dropped for a couple days but realized I just wasn't enjoying myself. I'm hoping the new modes are invigorating, I really love horror and there's so many good licenses, but poo poo's boring af yo

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Played against a billy who effortlessly killed all of us without a single gen done. That was certainly an experience. Also got hard tunneled by a blight who gave zero shits about OTR and DS and the usual.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

flashlight crouch-spam survivor gang dragging the match out for as long as possible is the last game I remember playing. Uninstalled after that and now I just keep up with the news and update cycle hoping something will make me want to actually play again someday. Chucky almost did it

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

Played against a billy who effortlessly killed all of us without a single gen done. That was certainly an experience. Also got hard tunneled by a blight who gave zero shits about OTR and DS and the usual.

As always the core gameplay has fundamental flaws that can and should be taken advantage of by killers to win as efficiently as they can even if its the most unfun strategy to play against (and I'd argue to play as).

Blight, billy, wesker, nurse, spirit, Oni and to an extend chucky all excel at proxy tunnelling and are already strong in their own right. But they make it that much better. loving change your base game BHVR.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

oh boy billy is back huh. gl with that.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

oh boy billy is back huh. gl with that.

New billy is ridiculous. The recovery on the chainsaw is so quick it's impossible to make plays against it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Relyssa posted:

Where my YJ fans at? We're about to be eating good:

Hrnngghhh that first one better be something I can earn for free and not an item I have to buy you bitches. I want that skirt. The top kinda makes me feel like I'm playing Mary in Silent Hill though.

The individual pieces for the second one, in the rift now available, look super good. The rift cosmetics are pretty rad this time around in general. I love Dwight's dorky usher costume. Mikaela is... kind of bizarre and grandmapilled. Nea is really cool. Felix is surprisingly nice. Deathslinger looks great. Billy is sweet and sad. Plague is a recolor of an outfit I always wanted (worm crown!!!!). Clown came out great.

I had a bunch of chill killers tonight tbh it's been pretty vibes. This game is so hit or miss sometimes on what kinds of killers you get. I wish the matchmaking was more consistent, there was more encouragement to be silly/fun through a commendation system, and for tunneling to be countered effectively by built in measures. Those are my main complaints.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/BenjoDbd/status/1752778360307028479?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

Hrnngghhh that first one better be something I can earn for free and not an item I have to buy you bitches. I want that skirt. The top kinda makes me feel like I'm playing Mary in Silent Hill though.

I think you mean Nic Cage's wife in Con Air.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Benjo is a treasure.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

New billy is ridiculous. The recovery on the chainsaw is so quick it's impossible to make plays against it.

I mean i know technically he has a new mechanic and is therefore technically new but, this is basically the same power level as old school billy before they gutted his power, meta perks and add ons. Unless he ends up being even more overpowered and then lol.

DbD has come full circle and it's kind of amusing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

I mean i know technically he has a new mechanic and is therefore technically new but, this is basically the same power level as old school billy before they gutted his power, meta perks and add ons. Unless he ends up being even more overpowered and then lol.

DbD has come full circle and it's kind of amusing.

He feels much stronger than old school billy. The new mechanic especially makes it so easy to just be everywhere at once.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

He feels much stronger than old school billy. The new mechanic especially makes it so easy to just be everywhere at once.

:discourse:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

Its been a couple days now of playing almost exclusively billy. If there ever were a killer that will reignite or finally bring the "tunnelling is the optimal strategy and incredibly unfun to play against" argument back to light its new billy. Its ridiculous. Its easy. Its guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong, I think new billy is great, he is so so fun. Mobility is a fun time. But it really really highlights just how easy it is to brutally and effectively tunnel. If not for that lame, almost unpunishable strategy, he would just be absolutely perfect, fun, challenigng, but strong. But while he could excel at a normal hook rotation or map pressure strategy, he really really really shines at just brutal unabashed tunnelling.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

Its been a couple days now of playing almost exclusively billy. If there ever were a killer that will reignite or finally bring the "tunnelling is the optimal strategy and incredibly unfun to play against" argument back to light its new billy. Its ridiculous. Its easy. Its guaranteed.

Don't get me wrong, I think new billy is great, he is so so fun. Mobility is a fun time. But it really really highlights just how easy it is to brutally and effectively tunnel. If not for that lame, almost unpunishable strategy, he would just be absolutely perfect, fun, challenigng, but strong. But while he could excel at a normal hook rotation or map pressure strategy, he really really really shines at just brutal unabashed tunnelling.

I'm sure it's fun as hell for the killer. On the survivor side proxy camping and hard tunneling has never been easier. Even if you bring a full anti-tunnel build Billy can just ignore all of that poo poo and kill you through it anyway. It doesn't help that it's gotten so bad that most of my games include at least one dc or hook suicide as soon as possible once we learn it's a Billy. Fix your game, BHVR.

I've tried DS, DH, OTR, even styptics, and all of that combined is not enough to save you from tunneling. It's so laughably easy to burn through all that and lose no pressure whatsoever because you can be on the opposite side of the map in about a half second.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

I'm sure it's fun as hell for the killer. On the survivor side proxy camping and hard tunneling has never been easier. Even if you bring a full anti-tunnel build Billy can just ignore all of that poo poo and kill you through it anyway. It doesn't help that it's gotten so bad that most of my games include at least one dc or hook suicide as soon as possible once we learn it's a Billy. Fix your game, BHVR.

I've tried DS, DH, OTR, even styptics, and all of that combined is not enough to save you from tunneling. It's so laughably easy to burn through all that and lose no pressure whatsoever because you can be on the opposite side of the map in about a half second.

As a billy, especially in overheat. I can return to hook pretty much within 3 seconds of the unhook happening. Sure I could chase the unhooker and maybe get an instant down with my chainsaw, but they might be good at playing around the chainsaw, so whacking the unhooked with an m1 to disable endurance or OTR, and then just getting one more hit any which way is way way easier. Maybe they have DS or deadhard, and maybe it extends the chase another 10 seconds max, but it just doesn't matter. Eventually it'll be a 3v1 and with billy's mobility, even if there is only 1 gen left, its pretty much over.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I agree with you, Relyssa, that hard tunneling and proxying is a massive problem and ruining games more than anything else.

But I also feel like the DCing/suiciding might be less "billy is a terrible killer for tunneling and they're understandably leaving" and more like "oh ew it's the killer I've seen a bunch thanks to the new update/personally dislike in some way and so I'm going to make it everyone else's problem", e.g. all the pissbabies who DC or throw every time they see it's Chucky, Wesker, Xeno, Onryo, (deep breath) Legion, Huntress, Nurse, Pinhead, Trickster, Skull Merchant, Bubba, Twins, Clown,

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Separately I would like the devs to personally explain to me why we cannot see someone's self-unhook progress when they're being camped because it's making the mechanic suck absolute poo poo and cause tons of people to go to 2nd hook, thus widening the solo queue/SWF gap AGAIN. I present the following scenario:

I'm being camped on hook.
Self-unhook timer is going up.
Self-unhook timer is almost full, but I'm about to go to 2nd hook.
Some well-intentioned random teammate runs in to prevent this.
The timer stops filling because a teammate is nearby.
They take a hit from the killer.
I cannot self-unhook. I go to 2nd hook.
Teammate unhooks me in front of the killer and gets downed right by the hook.
Teammate is now hooked and camped, repeating the cycle.

If only we had some loving way to tell how high the timer is so I could've self-unhooked, avoiding going to 2nd and my teammate getting hooked for no reason!!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Solo queue sucks poo poo and I assume it’s because bvhr has the thread the needle between keeping swfs manageable and solo queue bearable and while things such as the gen regressions limits and anti-face camp are nice, it needs a lot of work at a faster clip.

Again, they need to just bite the bullet and do a massive Quality of Life update in lieu of a normal chapter, but I guess better to get money now and let the game slowly bleed out is better than long-term stability.

Oh poo poo, bhvr slugging their own game :v:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Solo queue is by far the worst it's ever been, and that's kind of impressive at this point.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/Vulpixia/status/1753194652490977713?t=Bhcre0hwCDJNcnpFPIXLWQ&s=19

Holy poo poo STBFL is broken hahaha

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
It runs on PWYF rules now, anything that generates a bloodpoint event on a survivor takes a token. It's exactly where the devs want it: A tool for M1 killers and also any killer who can simply ignore the obsession. Probably not where it should be, though.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Good lord how are survivors dealing with ultimate weapon lmao

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kwolok posted:

Good lord how are survivors dealing with ultimate weapon lmao

Calm spirit

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I like to slow walk away from where the killer saw my scream bubble so he's very confused as to where I went :v:

The prolonged blindness is way more of a problem though. Can't see people on hook or on the ground.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tiny Myers posted:

I like to slow walk away from where the killer saw my scream bubble so he's very confused as to where I went :v:

The prolonged blindness is way more of a problem though. Can't see people on hook or on the ground.

I always forget about the blindness aspect of UW, like it needed it. Could be a good perk for Rancor Roulette

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just another reason why Vigil remains an incredibly underrated perk.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

STBFL was such an easy fix, shut it off near a hooked survivor, that I have to assume they simply couldn’t implement that kind of fix for whatever programming spirits it roused in dbd’s haunted code

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 2, 2024

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Pants Donkey posted:

STBFL was such an easy fix, shut it off near a hooked survivor, that I have to assume they simply couldn’t implement that kind of fix for whatever programming spirits it roused in dbd’s haunted code

So, so many things should shut off near a hooked survivor, if BHVR insists on not changing how hooks work.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

They need to take at least a year off of making new content and just rework the entire game. It's fundamentally broken in so many ways and it's becoming more and more obvious.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

They need to take at least a year off of making new content and just rework the entire game. It's fundamentally broken in so many ways and it's becoming more and more obvious.

Everyone knows this but it would be a death sentence for funding. GaaS is big right now and if you're not selling new stuff you're dead. It sucks. Unfortunately they painted themselves into a corner.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I just really want another studio to come along and do it better, and that studio not be Gun.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

I just really want another studio to come along and do it better, and that studio not be Gun.

I'm still bummed that VHS completely biffed it.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
rip REsistance, Evil Dead: The Game, etc, etc, etc, so on and so forth, endless fields

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Just another reason why Vigil remains an incredibly underrated perk.

Vigil+Dramaturgy is so much fun. Love to play DBD with the Mario Kart powerup roulette

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Vigil+Dramaturgy is so much fun. Love to play DBD with the Mario Kart powerup roulette

Hell yes. I have one of my builds as Vigil/Dramaturgy/SC/BK so I can always be using Dramaturgy at every opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
I've been trying the Singularity and what is happening in survivors brains when I create a camera as they drop the pallet, shoot them with it and they immediately turn around and hop the pallet directly into me?

I mean, I'm happy for the free hit but what? It's like 25% of the time too.