Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Oh so we’re just openly posting spoilers in this thread now? Sorry I won’t be able to play this until the weekend so I guess I’m unbookmarking this. See y'all on the flip side I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

American McGay posted:

Oh so we’re just openly posting spoilers in this thread now? Sorry I won’t be able to play this until the weekend so I guess I’m unbookmarking this. See y'all on the flip side I guess.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Nostradingus posted:

The writing was on the wall when they decided to make a suicide squad game imo

It could have been good, the writing was on the wall when they decided to make it a live service game

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

It could have been good, the writing was on the wall when they decided to make it a live service game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

The writing was on the wall when they decided to make a suicide squad game imo

Suicide Squad to me is like Deadpool in which the first comic runs were amazing stuff that i re-read and revisit but every other comic run in the last 20 years or so and adaptations + spinoffs are absolute aids.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Plutonis posted:

Suicide Squad to me is like Deadpool in which the first comic runs were amazing stuff that i re-read and revisit but every other comic run in the last 20 years or so and adaptations + spinoffs are absolute aids.

joss whedon must be lowered into a vat of molten lead

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

adn pperhaps james gunn and zack snyder...

----------------

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plutonis posted:

the John Ostrander run back in the 80s was cool because the whole idea was "let's take these preposterous villains who don't really work since comics stopped being like this and open up their hosed up brains," plus it created Oracle. I haven't really followed it since then but it seems like at some point it became weaponized camp.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

adn pperhaps james gunn and zack snyder...

james gunn lives bevaise troma is ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

james gunn lives bevaise troma is ftw

poo poo... you're right

----------------

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Tromi..? Babes?

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Tromi..? Babes?

Oh yeah... THAT'S gonna happen.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Oh yeah... THAT'S gonna happen.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

the John Ostrander run back in the 80s was cool because the whole idea was "let's take these preposterous villains who don't really work since comics stopped being like this and open up their hosed up brains," plus it created Oracle. I haven't really followed it since then but it seems like at some point it became weaponized camp.

Yeah the Ostrander run rules, I actually reread it a couple of weeks ago. Also they didn't shy on making the team be mostly huge assholes, no way they would do Captain Boomerang being a racist hypocrite today, it would be too damaging to the brand.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

suicide squad kicked rear end when it was a bunch of d list villains that could die because they didnt have plot armor

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Multiple people have told me the James Gunn Suicide Squad movie is good and I don't believe them. Section 8 from Hitman is what the Suicide Squad should be imo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Multiple people have told me the James Gunn Suicide Squad movie is good and I don't believe them. Section 8 from Hitman is what the Suicide Squad should be imo

I think the reason people keep saying that is because it introduces peacemaker but honestly, you don't even really need to watch the movie to watch that show, lol.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

its a decent movie. its better than the other recent comic book movies ive seen

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

same, but that bar is very low

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

damned by faint praise

----------------

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember doing the "look how they massacred my boy" when Gotham Knights came out and now it's so much worse. I know James gunn is going some thing where they rebuild the brand and reimagine all DC licensing, but realistically they're going to give it to like EA or Ubisoft or something. rip Batman.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I remember doing the "look how they massacred my boy" when Gotham Knights came out and now it's so much worse. I know James gunn is going some thing where they rebuild the brand and reimagine all DC licensing, but realistically they're going to give it to like EA or Ubisoft or something. rip Batman.

I've always been a DC guy and I just wanted one decent Justice League game man. Was that so much to ask

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've always been a DC guy

Yeah… a Dick Craving guy. I’ll see myself out

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've always been a DC guy and I just wanted one decent Justice League game man. Was that so much to ask

yeah basically all of the mainstream superhero stuff I've read is bat family stuff, so I just wanted a game with Bruce, dick, tim, helena, cass, Steph, Gavin, etc. but oh well.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

yeah basically all of the mainstream superhero stuff I've read is bat family stuff, so I just wanted a game with Bruce, dick, tim, helena, cass, Steph, Gavin, etc. but oh well.

batman kills nightwing offscreen in kill the justice league lol

----------------

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah… a Dick Craving guy. I’ll see myself out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I always liked marvel growing up but Batman is cool and at least we got a few really good games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i remember being blown away by them killing joker in arkham city and wondered what the next game would be like... turns out it was the joker's mind ghost hogging the spotlight away from scarecrow lol

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

this is rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i remember being blown away by them killing joker in arkham city and wondered what the next game would be like... turns out it was the joker's mind ghost hogging the spotlight away from scarecrow lol

My favourite thing with Arkham Knight was everyone immediately guessing it was Jason Todd and Rocksteady going on full damage control, no it is not Jason Todd, it's a familiar person you won't see coming as a villain, and then in the first big fight with him, Batman just effortlessly disarms him, sighs and goes "oh for fucks sake Jason"

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The SS game is funner if you experience it the way it was meant to be:

Skipping around to interesting parts of Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League All Cutscenes Full Movie (2024) 4K ULTRA HD.

It's even better if you close your eyes and pretend Captain Boomerang is actually Bluey's Dad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yestermoment posted:

Skipping around to interesting parts of Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League All Cutscenes Full Movie (2024) 4K ULTRA HD.

It's even better if you close your eyes and pretend Captain Boomerang is actually Bluey's Dad.

Thank gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Yestermoment posted:

This.