Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

That reminds me of the theory that even if a politician or businessman isn't a pedophile or has some extreme deviance or crime, that 'the ones who generally run the world' will take them to Orange Grove and have them 'stumble' onto something horrible, like, children being abused, and basically go "You tell, we'll say you were one of us and your career and life will be ruined and you will never have power."

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a tiny sliver of truth in Laurinaitis' claims. As said, one of the secondary goals of any cult leader is to turn everyone close to them into clones of themselves. Maybe Johnny was a sex pest bastard, but McMahon helped push him along to being an UTTER ABSOLUTE bastard. Which...does him absolutely no favors, because it takes two to tango.

This defense didn't work for Allison Mack and it's not gonna work for Johnny Ace, either. He's basically saying these things because he wants to cover his own rear end and get sympathy when the case goes to trial. He's pulling a Henry Hill here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I wonder if this means John is going to corroborate the victim's allegation regarding himself and Vince in the office (albeit with his spin on his own role in the attack), which would have to be the nail in the coffin for Vince?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

just looked up a picture of the johnny guy, lol he looks like a labgrown 80s business dickhead. He will appear very trustworthy in court if he wears the bright red suit with the blue tie

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

man it makes me happy to see these fuckers get some shred of accountability.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

go away! there ain't no Brock Lesnar and there never was!

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/brock-lesnar-removed-from-wwe-supercard-following-vince-mcmahon-allegations/

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
brock lesnar was a mass hallucination brought on by vince

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol if brock gets memory holed like benoit

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol if brock gets memory holed like benoit

Then they CGI him out of all footage, resulting in the WWE being in awe and fear of Paul Heyman from 2014-2016 for some reason.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Why would I be on the show, Paul?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cody spending weeks getting the poo poo beaten out of him by nothing and picking fights with no one while his family looks on in tears.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

Cody spending weeks getting the poo poo beaten out of him by nothing and picking fights with no one while his family looks on in tears.

Paul Heyman is now the one who defeated the Undertaker's streak with his mind powers alone.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wow even Cornette is calling the whole thing a horror story and Vince McMahon evil now after reading the full complaint from Grant

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Wow even Cornette is calling the whole thing a horror story and Vince McMahon evil now after reading the full complaint from Grant

I need to find out what he’s saying about Johnny Ace - Victim.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lid posted:

https://www.wsj.com/business/federal-prosecutors-investigate-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-allegations-460a6822

Federal authorities have been investigating sexual assault and sex trafficking allegations against WWE co-founder Vince McMahon

From the thread in PSP about Vince's crimes, which may be actual literal crimes, as apparently the feds are or have been doing an investigation into Vince and co., for sexual assault/sexual trafficking. So the "I was a victim too" defense may quite literally not work for Johnny Ace, if he's arrested and charged (on top of the civil lawsuit as well).

The link is paywalled but pretty sure this will be hitting other non-paywalled sites, if it hasn't already (I just got up a little bit ago here :tootzzz:)

E: here's a non-paywalled article about the investigation.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 2, 2024

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Paul Heyman is now the one who defeated the Undertaker's streak with his mind powers alone.

"Ladies and gentlemen...my name is Paul Heyman!"
*Cut to the Undertaker on his back and crying/cheering fans*

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
brock lesnar once went on a homophobic rant during a magazine interview and it seems to have been completely memory holed

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The Undertaker agreed to drop The Streak to Lesnar so I can’t stop wonder how much “Mean” Mark Callaway knows.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

What was Brock’s role in all this?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vince offered the victim to him as essentially a signing bonus.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

What was Brock’s role in all this?

Vince ordered her to pleasure Brock and Brock wanted her to piss on camera so she did it and he called her a bitch

Basically we learned that Brock Lesnar is into water sports and human trafficking

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7z5pw/ndas-vince-mcmahon-signed-behind-wwes-back-may-be-worthless-say-experts

tl;dr - Vince McMahon may have gone behind WWE's back to write the NDAs, which would both be good (WWE didn't know Vince was a sex trafficker) and bad (WWE was too stupid to notice Vince was a sex trafficker) for the company

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The takes from the people who worked for him but weren't in on it seem to be a mash up of "I can't believe Vince was that depraved" and "But actually it explains some things"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Edward Mass posted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7z5pw/ndas-vince-mcmahon-signed-behind-wwes-back-may-be-worthless-say-experts

tl;dr - Vince McMahon may have gone behind WWE's back to write the NDAs, which would both be good (WWE didn't know Vince was a sex trafficker) and bad (WWE was too stupid to notice Vince was a sex trafficker) for the company

anyone that has spent any time around vicne knows he's a psychopath that has sexually assaulted people

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anyone that has spent any time around vicne knows he's a psychopath that has sexually assaulted people

:agreed: gently caress everyone that's ever worked closely with Vince, they all knew what was up.

Yes, even that one.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Eau de MacGowan posted:

vince pulling a wee bey

"Jimmy Snuka's girlfriend ain't dead."

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sure does make the Vince reaction meme less funny. Especially considering the original context.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
vince mcmahon needs to be brutally and painfully bodyslammed by 1 million perfect wrestlers for this depravity

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HonorableTB posted:

vince mcmahon needs to be brutally and painfully bodyslammed by 1 million perfect wrestlers for this depravity

I'm legitimately sure he's into that.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Cornwind Evil posted:

I saw Hefty Leftist did update the front page. I don't have PM's, so if someone who does could ask him, if it's possible, to update the selection of effortposts in the same post, I'd appreciate it.

send me links to the effort posts and ill throw them in the OP

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

The first two thirds of Royal Rumble 2020 is just people being hurled over the ropes by an invisible force until Drew McIntyre manages to push a bunch of empty space out of the ring.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

Szyznyk posted:

I need to find out what he’s saying about Johnny Ace - Victim.

Cornette said in this clip that he doesn't believe Laurinaitis is a victim. he's very baffled that Laurinaitis is claiming that Vince McMahon forced him to abuse Grant "when [McMahon] wasn't even in the room in some cases."

do keep in mind that Corny has a deep-seated grudge against both Laurinaitis and McMahon. and he's kinda right about this

JAnon fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 3, 2024

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

At one point he said something like "He wouldn't even do what Vince wanted when he was a Dynamic Dude and his matches loving sucked."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Edward Mass posted:

Not too stupid to notice. Just willing to accept it once they had the fig leaf of “we didn’t know”. They were looking out for themselves and limiting their exposure, but if they didn’t know anything it was out of a willful desire not to know details because then they’d be implicated, or maybe obligated to do something.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
buying WWE was very stupid because that company has tombs full of skeletons

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

buying WWE was very stupid because that company has tombs full of skeletons

That's it! CGI replace them all with skeletons!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Things got really funny tonight with WWE stuff. The plans going into WrestleMania 40 was initially to have two main events. Night 1 would give us CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins for the World Heavyweight Championship. Night 2 would give us a rematch of Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship. Also, Brock Lesnar was going to take on Gunther.

Some context for the guys involved in the main event.

Roman Reigns has been champ for years. It would have been sensible for him to drop it to Sami Zayn or Cody Rhodes last year, but they had him retain for the sake of dragging this thing out as much as they can. He barely shows up on TV at this point.

Cody Rhodes went into last year's WrestleMania with the motto that he was going to "Finish the Story." He lost. Luckily for him, he remained popular in the year that followed and won the Royal Rumble again. Upon winning, he made it very apparent that he was going to go after Roman. Hell, the marketing for the new WWE 2K game is partially about how Cody is absolutely about to finally finish the story.

Seth Rollins was crowned World Heavyweight Champion because the company realized they needed a champ who was regularly on TV. People have joked about his belt basically being a participation trophy fought over by losers too weak to face Roman.

CM Punk wanted to main event WrestleMania. That was the last notch in his WWE belt he truly wanted outside of the money. This was going to be his way of reaching that goal.

Of course, Punk got injured at the Rumble, meaning that match with Rollins was off the table. Brock has been memory-holed due to his role in all of the hosed up poo poo with Vince going on, and his future plans went up in smoke. In fact, the Vince fallout is getting bigger and bigger and WWE really needs some kind of distraction. Something big to get people even more excited about WrestleMania.

So Rollins starts telling Cody, "Hey, dude, you know what you should do? Use your Royal Rumble win to go after my lovely title. Forget about finishing the story. My belt is way cooler anyway."

Roman's response is, "Haha, Rollins loving sucks. Anyway, how about me beating you at WrestleMania again, Cody?"

Cody explains, "Actually, I'm going to go for the lesser title. Because Roman, you're going to fight the Rock!"

The Rock wheezes because he's loving old, Roman looks shocked, and Cody is dead inside. WWE fans get mad because all the rape stuff is fine, but screwing with this story is a bridge too far!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

how much gear is the rock on at the moment and how likely is it he is going to tear something in the lead up to mania?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody got what he deserved for being a mark, jack

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

what on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Thanks for catching me up, I don't watch the product, I just use the video game to make voice acted shitposter feuds

It is some darkly funny poo poo.