Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
She [REDACTED] on my [REDACTED] til I [REDACTED]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
It don't matter. Non'adis matters

I do wonder how many pigs will ever become aware that they're the safeguards of the system that will kill them too

Few, I know, but still.. how long can feds read this poo poo and unwaveringly continue to believe they're agents of what is Good and Right

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

At any rate, the end of the world is cheaper and easier than the end of capital so that's what we're going with

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

The Protagonist posted:

It don't matter. Non'adis matters

I do wonder how many pigs will ever become aware that they're the safeguards of the system that will kill them too

Few, I know, but still.. how long can feds read this poo poo and unwaveringly continue to believe they're agents of what is Good and Right

:yeah: whenever I discuss [redacted] in front of an internet-connected device, i always make sure to follow up by expressing my utter contempt for intelligence agencies, with explicit references to their frequent failures, eg https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-spies-iran/

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

climateadam’s critique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EuvpDzlUY

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

good interview by the fully automated luxury communism guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEKVSZk7qU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Unless posted:

good interview by the fully automated luxury communism guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftEKVSZk7qU

Broke: One Billion Americans (pro-natalist)
Woke: One Billion Americans (pro-immigration)
Bespoke: Zero Americans

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arctic Polar Vortex Sucked Me Off?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

I guess I'm too dumb to understand this

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

If you know u kno

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I guess I'm too dumb to understand this

Adding forums user fozzy the bear to definitely-not-cops.txt

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
You are not allowed to tell others to commit crimes. If you plan to commit crimes yourself, it is against the terms of service to talk about it. also a bad idea in general

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

SixteenShells posted:

You are not allowed to tell others to commit crimes. If you plan to commit crimes yourself, it is against the terms of service to talk about it. also a bad idea in general

Can any legal beagles tell me if tricking the president into ordering the nukes launched is a crime?

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

Car Hater posted:

Can any legal beagles tell me if tricking the president into ordering the nukes launched is a crime?

only if u do it with intent

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Car Hater posted:

not for long

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
spelling BRO ITS JUST A PRANK with mirvs

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SixteenShells posted:

Just to clarify that posting about or publishing a tiktok video that outlines how to do a ten million dollar real estate fraud or securities fraud that gets a billion views is completely fine but if you want to talk about [redacted] then thats probably a ban+30

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

Just to clarify that posting about or publishing a tiktok video that outlines how to do a ten million dollar real estate fraud or securities fraud that gets a billion views is completely fine but if you want to talk about [redacted] then thats probably a ban+30

attacking the ruling class is terrorism. the ruling class attacking everyone else is just business as usual

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
turt was definitely a cop

"hello fellow radicals, does anyone have explosives expertise to help me defuse some bombs??"

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

it’s ACAB, not ACEFCAB (all cops except forum cops are bad)

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I don’t give a hot gay gently caress what JEFFERY OF YOSPOS says!! [REDACTED], dude!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mags posted:

I don’t give a hot gay gently caress what JEFFERY OF YOSPOS says!! [REDACTED], dude!!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

mags posted:

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

mags posted:

I don’t give a hot [REDACTED] gently caress what JEFFERY OF YOSPOS says!! [REDACTED], dude!!

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

hamas ftw posted:

turt was definitely a cop

"hello fellow radicals, does anyone have explosives expertise to help me defuse some bombs??"

I'd be way more willing to believe they were in trouble already and being used by cops to try and incite more bovine bombings as part of a plea deal

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/02/climate/sun-shade-climate-geoengineering.html

Soon we will all be able to pollute even more and live in the shade. Wake me up when our space blanket is done.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Tiger Crazy posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/02/climate/sun-shade-climate-geoengineering.html

Soon we will all be able to pollute even more and live in the shade. Wake me up when our space blanket is done.

How long would it take for orbital decay to consume something like this if we did manage to do it? Curious about the implications for Venus…

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Car Hater posted:

I'd be way more willing to believe they were in trouble already and being used by cops to try and incite more bovine bombings as part of a plea deal

yep. then that didn't work, so they had jeff to bring him back as another undercover discord informant

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i mean you say the answer is staring us in the face, but how does one "abolish capitalism" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drI2Nl-3pyY

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TehSaurus posted:

How long would it take for orbital decay to consume something like this if we did manage to do it? Curious about the implications for Venus…

In order to fix Venus you gotta add more hydrogen I think. Just slam in like a piss ton of solar wind it'll buff right out

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

TehSaurus posted:

The L1 point is an unstable equilibrium, so the limiting factor is fuel for station-keeping. It doesn't take much to hover around L1 but it's not zero. My guess is a solar shade at L1 would have solar-powered ionic thrusters. Some back of the envelope math suggests the latest xenon thrusters can run for ~55 hours per kilogram of gas. I've seen people suggesting that the L1 points need course correction every 23 days but I don't know how much burn-time you'd need for every correction. If it's just a second or two, your shade will be good for a long time. If you need an hour of burn, maybe not so much. The Starlink units carry about 5 kilograms of gas, I think? They're floating close enough that the atmosphere's a problem for them, though. You won't have that issue at L1.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If you were able to turn off all solar flux to Venus how long would it take to freeze the atmosphere

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
It's a solar *sail*, just have some servos that can bend the shape and then tack back and forth against the solar wind as needed to stay in L1.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Leroy Diplowski posted:

It's a solar *sail*, just have some servos that can bend the shape and then tack back and forth against the solar wind as needed to stay in L1.

... huh. that might work for lateral movement but it'll still push you back toward Earth's well

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TehSaurus posted:

it's so light compared to the planet it would take many billions of years beyond the sun's death

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/over-2-percent-of-the-uss-electricity-generation-now-goes-to-bitcoin/

On track for Net Zero by 2050!!!!

Net Zero life left on Earth that is

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
:fyadride:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

in 2050 the supreme court rules that carbon is speech, and thus protected under the first amendment