Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Vib Rib posted:

May it stand forever

Coming from way downtown with a latepost but man I did not expect to see a Little Big Adventure 2 reference in this thread, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You're telling me this ain't real?

I think my (30F) naked impression of a rhino has given my girlfriend (33F) the ick. How do I come back from this?

I woke up to a chilly morning today and beelined to the shower, wanting to warm up as fast as possible. I turned the water on, stripped down, and put my hand out to feel if it had heated up yet.
It had not.

In order to conserve heat, like the knowledgeable survivalist I am, I thought it wise to crouch down into a ball to minimise my surface area, and to keep reaching into the shower occasionally to see if the water was warm.

Now, ordinarily I don't mind when my girlfriend comes into the bathroom if I'm in the shower because it's all very expected and normal. I'll be showering upright, she'll have a little tinkle, and everyone retains their dignity.

But today was not an ordinary day. While she had woken up and pursued her regular routine, I'd awoken and chosen Gollum. She walked in, sat on the loo, and then saw me: a squat, corrupted flesh-sphere, splashing in the shallow end of the shower tray.

I saw myself through her eyes and a shiver ran through me. However, I saw a way out: comedy. I remembered a tweet that I had never thought about until I found myself in this position and decided to pass it off as my own.

I asked her, "do you ever get on all fours in the shower and pretend to be a rhino, moaning pleasurably in the first rains of the year?"

Before she had time to tell me that, no, that's unusual, I doubled down. I crawled into the shower and mooed enthusiastically like a grateful little rhinoceros.

I saw something die in her eyes. She flushed and walked out the bathroom.

We both finished getting ready, avoiding eye contact, and left for work.

How do I come back from this and rescue my image as a being with an ounce of sexuality and dignity?
Yeah, pissing while your partner is in the shower is loving weird. Idk about this one

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah, pissing while your partner is in the shower is loving weird. Idk about this one

My second fiance used to pee while we showered together. I loving hated it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Agreed. Pissing while your partner is in the room should be kept to the bedroom.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
More like oldpissless

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I’m pretty sure that’s just a normal whistle at this point.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Thanks for looking out for your homies smelly steve

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TinTower posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s just a normal whistle at this point.

loving libs always jumping at shadows :rolleyes:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I want to frame that and hang it on the wall, but I think most people wouldn't appreciate it.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Why is this a meme template?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

rodbeard posted:

Why is this a meme template?

Boomers love Peanuts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At least they've stopped with the Tweety Bird car decals.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i always assumed it was more of a gen x thing, but they're basically the same so

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Data Graham posted:

At least they've stopped with the Tweety Bird car decals.

Today in real life, I saw a bright yellow pickup truck at the grocery store, the plate read "TWEETI". Couldn't see the driver.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I guarantee people still think you're a nerd loser dork.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

O when the chicks come marchin' in!
When the chicks come marchin' in!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Yeah I used to play on a little underground device, most people probably haven't heard of it, it's called the Nintendo entertainment system, which would short out in the presence of cooties. Thank you glorious nintendoppon

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Playstation 2 famously didn’t sell.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Check out this fake gamer who never played on the N gage

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
you STILL don't own a sega cd?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wonder what Wii incident happened to still complain like 10+ years later

(probably a joycon flying and hitting the tv)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

PhazonLink posted:

the wii came out 18 years ago

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rockman Reserve posted:

Real gamers never stopped playing it. Check yourself.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Rockman Reserve posted:

No, that... that can't be right...

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

true gamers glue their carts to the back of the 3ds

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Wii was last Gen. The GameCube was 10 years ago. The Super Nintendo was 20 years ago. The PS2 was 10 years ago. The Xbox 360 was 15 years ago. The PS5 was last year. The NES was 30 years ago.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

tokin opposition posted:

Yeah I used to play on a little underground device, most people probably haven't heard of it, it's called the Nintendo entertainment system, which would short out in the presence of cooties. Thank you glorious nintendoppon

This is why people had to blow on the cartridges, to docootify them.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

PhazonLink posted:

I bet they're one of those guys who took a principled stand against people insisting they shower before tournament play

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So angry that my favorite thing to do doesn't involve being ostracized anymore. It was better when we were shoved into lockers for playing Counterstrike at LAN parties. Shove me again, harder.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
it's not even true, like if we're talking the era this dude is talking about, literally loving everyone played Halo and smash brothers. Heck, by the time there was a Super Nintendo everyone reasonably able to be called 'our age' was down to play games. It's just that this dude sucked.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah, I'm 41 years old and I don't think I've ever seen someone get bullied for playing video games. I think some of the kids who got bullied maybe were more into video games than other people, but I can't remember any instance of video games being the casus belli for bullying. One of the most popular kids played Smash all the time.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Growing up in the 90s having the newest video games was a status symbol, not something you got beat up for.

Now reading books, on the other hand.....

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
These dorks’ primary memories of childhood was bullying and video games so they assume the two must be related somehow

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Enjoying video games as a kid while being an awkward unliked weirdo at the time and thinking it was the video games... 25 loving years later.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rockman Reserve posted:

hey gently caress off with that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It took me a long time to come around to the idea that me and my two friends were not the only kids in my entire small town that had ever heard of Final Fantasy.

By "a long time" I mean junior high

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I remember being in 1st grade looking on the back of the Genesis box it came in and seeing that catalogue of 20 some odd games and one was Final Fantasy and my brain parsed it as Final fan-TAssy and I can’t not read it like that to this day.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

it's not even true, like if we're talking the era this dude is talking about, literally loving everyone played Halo and smash brothers. Heck, by the time there was a Super Nintendo everyone reasonably able to be called 'our age' was down to play games. It's just that this dude sucked.

I wasn't born yet when the super Nintendo came out

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
some kids were not bullied enough and it shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

PhazonLink posted:

the wii had wiimotes. joycons are the the switch controllers.