Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Fulton County case thing seems fine. It's nothing that could get brought as a conflict of interest affecting the case, it's not like Willis was sleeping with the judge or something. None of this affects the case itself.

What it's gonna come down to is procurement laws in the state. Every state has stringent vendor and contractor selection processes, and multiple layers of reviews and approvals to ensure those laws are followed. This makes it near impossible to self-deal for state employees (still easy for guys in the state-house tho).

There's also conflict-of-interest laws. It's unclear to me if Willis even has the power to unilaterally select Wade, and if somehow she could do it, Wade's actual qualifications still matter. If you're sleeping with the best vendor according to the criteria set by the state, they're still the best vendor. Wade's qualifications, experience, and billing rates should be central to this question (as well as the quality of available alternatives).

She's under no obligation to remove herself, or Wade, unless the state forces the issue. For anyone interested in determining if there was impropriety, the above questions should the focus, but the Republicans aren't really interested in whether there was actually impropriety, it's if they can stir up enough poo poo to give them cover to remove her, solely with the purpose of derailing the RICO case against their buddies.

So we'll see.

Disclaimer: IANAL, I'm really familiar with my state's procurement processes but am just assuming GA's are similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

Oh man I bet the 22 year old daughter loves her 29 year old stepmother who looks exactly like her

That's the immediate thing I saw, yikesaroo.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is some broke brain MAGA poo poo

ah the problem of being gay but still hating black people

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Arr/status/1753532880272363709

Sorry, Woke is dead now, maybe they will finally shut up about it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lot of these "conservative" types be like "hey I'm not judging, I'm just saying what works FOR ME"

like this stain

Right and I'm sure all the canceling they did on you just came totally out of the blue and didn't have anything to do with some heinous poo poo you were saying or anything.

But in a bigger sense we've got a classic case of main character syndrome, like yeah I'm sure you're just doing what works for you and not being judgmental of others at all. You know what else that implies? not caring about anyone but yourself

I'm sure your life is nice and comfortable just the way you like it. But the one thing all these arguments have in common is me personally. By extension, gently caress everyone else, they can die in a fire right? "I don't tell them how to live their life" is basically a euphemism for "I don't believe in helping out people whose lives suck more than mine does"

Same with mask guy there, just swearing off any concept of being part of a community. Every man for himself

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

funeral home DJ posted:

“Tripp”, “Traxx” and “Tredd” sound like the buffoon henchmen of an evil truck dictator from a Saturday morning cartoon.

They sound like the names of Transformers auto-bots.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
"I used to believe in things, like mental health, but then I became conservative" :discourse:

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Three Olives posted:

Is Slurp Lurp going to be playing?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Three Olives posted:

So many questions. The gently caress is a Spoot? And the Sorbo center for performing arts? Is Lil Sorbo Kevin’s son? Why does he have a performing arts center? Googie?? What is any of this. Why can I smell toast???

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Am... Am I having a stroke?

e: just a couple bros stroking out, apparently

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Is that AI?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I'll attend for Based Loris, but only to rescue him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Three Olives posted:

God, Carpiss Bunsun looks like poo poo these days.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Paying bail could put you in jail

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Steadiman posted:

So many questions. The gently caress is a Spoot? And the Sorbo center for performing arts? Is Lil Sorbo Kevin’s son? Why does he have a performing arts center? Googie?? What is any of this. Why can I smell toast???

From Urban dictionary: Spoot

Spoot. v. To fart while releasing sperm from the anus. Frequently experienced for periods of up to six hours after the conclusion of bareback anal sex.

Spoot is a compound word comprised of sperm and toot, similar to shart (poo poo + fart).

Googling "Sorbo Center Performing Arts" turns up nothing. I'm guessing it's bullshit or he's renting out a defunct Pizza Hut somewhere.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Three Olives posted:

SORBO is playing with Lil Sorbo at the Sorbo Center for the Performing Arts eh? I'm shocked the AI didn't add an extra leg to the coffin.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wyatt Ryatt is no Quiet Riot

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Goddamn nothing surprises me about this turd anymore

Well I’m surprised he actually paid them

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Liquid Chicken posted:

Spoot. v. To fart while releasing sperm from the anus. Frequently experienced for periods of up to six hours after the conclusion of bareback anal sex.

Spoot is a compound word comprised of sperm and toot, similar to shart (poo poo + fart).

Googling "Sorbo Center Performing Arts" turns up nothing. I'm guessing it's bullshit or he's renting out a defunct Pizza Hut somewhere.

That’s why I love this thread, you always learn new and interesting things that are almost useful in real life.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
When you spoot doesn't santorum come out?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Three Olives posted:

I booked Based Loris for my birthday party but they sent Based Salamander instead. Total ripoff.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"why did you force me to become a nazi??" mixed with "lefties like to tell people how to live. now off to block an abortion clinic and vote for book banning"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Three Olives posted:

How aware are normies about this poo poo? If someone wasn't incredibly online, how would you even begin explaining it to them?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The Sorbo thing is an obvious joke, it has "Krippendorf" with a picture of Richard Dreyfus as the eponymous character of Krippendorf's Tribe.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

no it’s totally real the GOP are really taking marching orders from a loris in a maga hat I saw it on the news

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Liquid Chicken posted:

Not to be confused with “sploot” which is a corgi doing this:

Special thanks to Louise the horrible demon corgi for cooperating with this demonstration

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kazil posted:

How aware are normies about this poo poo? If someone wasn't incredibly online, how would you even begin explaining it to them?

probably something like this

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The Sorbo thing is an obvious joke, it has "Krippendorf" with a picture of Richard Dreyfus as the eponymous character of Krippendorf's Tribe.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Hi I'm a 45 year old man that wear MULTIPLE chain wallets, skinny jeans, and two inch boots. Yes, I'm completely comfortable with my age, why do you ask?

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

funeral home DJ posted:

“Tripp”, “Traxx” and “Tredd” sound like the buffoon henchmen of an evil truck dictator from a Saturday morning cartoon.

dude tread over a muddy track and tripped. when he came to 6 hours later he was like 'i know what i shall name my sons.'

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yeah the Sorbo thing is a joke but it's a riff on the weird conservative conventions/events. How do you explain CPAC to normal Americans?

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
do you think he still likes pee?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Liquid Chicken posted:

I wonder if spoot had that meaning before or after it was used constantly as a curseword in 90's nickelodeon cartoon The Angry Beavers.

Given what I remember of the show, there's a non-zero chance it was before.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Don't ever talk to me or my sons Tayge, Tripp, Traxx, and Tredd ever again.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

does it change things if you read them as T-ripp, T-ayge, T-raxx and T-redd?

maybe he's starting the next Insane Clown Posse cover band.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Donald Trump prefers Fast Lorus’s.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

withak posted:

Don't ever talk to me or my sons Tayge, Tripp, Traxx, and Tredd ever again.

I'm terribly Mrs. Palin, it will never happen again.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I'm going to live MY LIFE with MY STROKE SYMPTOMS the way I WANT

Mom?!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Liquid Chicken posted:

So that's how we get Santorum!

Cat Hassler posted:

Goddamn nothing surprises me about this turd anymore

Well I’m surprised he actually paid them

Big if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Total Party Kill posted:

Hi I'm a 45 year old man that wear MULTIPLE chain wallets, skinny jeans, and two inch boots. Yes, I'm completely comfortable with my age, why do you ask?

don't forget marrying someone who was 14 when he was 30.