Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
Love this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Where else would a demon live?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You got Mt Diablo right there

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Mustached Demon posted:

I live where all the retired chuds and cops from California move to. Our house value has doubled since we bought it in 17'. Lots of SF fans here.

This does not narrow it down at all. Summerlin NV, Redding, Texas, Walnut Creek? I always think it is weird how arbitrary the "wealth" of the bay area is. I do not mean to current high income people, I just mean some teacher or nurse randomly taking a job out here in 1940 leads to multiple millions of dollars, when at the time it was no different than anywhere else. It also leads to situations where people have a lot of networth from inherited (or bought in the 70's) housing, but they have never been rich at any point in their life.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

I live where all the retired chuds and cops from California move to. Our house value has doubled since we bought it in 17'. Lots of SF fans here.

Boise?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The entire state is a retirement destination.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mustached Demon posted:

The entire state is a retirement destination.

Either Florida or Arizona, I can't tell which.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

There's a lot of them and they're spreading all over like locust.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mustached Demon posted:

There's a lot of them and they're spreading all over like locust boomers.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

i live in Arizona too friend.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Driving my wife back from BART just now and saw a car with a kansas city chiefs flag proudly displayed sticking out of the window. I feel like if niners fans did that in KC they'd get their car keyed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pain of Mind posted:

This does not narrow it down at all. Summerlin NV, Redding, Texas, Walnut Creek? I always think it is weird how arbitrary the "wealth" of the bay area is. I do not mean to current high income people, I just mean some teacher or nurse randomly taking a job out here in 1940 leads to multiple millions of dollars, when at the time it was no different than anywhere else. It also leads to situations where people have a lot of networth from inherited (or bought in the 70's) housing, but they have never been rich at any point in their life.

Hence my post about nimbys. In any sane area, housing is built consistently, not suppressed by assholes punching down.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Driving my wife back from BART just now and saw a car with a kansas city chiefs flag proudly displayed sticking out of the window. I feel like if niners fans did that in KC they'd get their car keyed.

Well? How many panels did you key?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Some people watch highlights of the Lions game to see the crazy Purdy scrambles again. I watch them to see Deebo's reaction to a crazy Purdy scramble.

Deebo is an awful blocker even when the play is near him :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoogvD8_y5E

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Deebo has a tendency to take plays off. A good DCo is going to find the tells so his CBs can key on them and sag off when they know it's not his play.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Well? How many panels did you key?

they were driving by the opposite direction, alas

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Coldforge posted:

Some people watch highlights of the Lions game to see the crazy Purdy scrambles again. I watch them to see Deebo's reaction to a crazy Purdy scramble.

JT gives Deebo hella poo poo in his YT vids. Everyone else blocks like hell but Deebo is like eeeeeh.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Coldforge posted:

At this point Florida is a lot worse than Arizona. The Californians moving in to AZ is reducing the Chudflow.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Shindragon posted:

JT gives Deebo hella poo poo in his YT vids. Everyone else blocks like hell but Deebo is like eeeeeh.

I feel like even Shanahan has mentioned this, but it's not like you can punish him too much given everything else he does

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I doubt Shanahan has even noticed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Waltzing Along posted:

They literally designed a play around Deebo slacking off, he’s definitely noticed.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shanahan probably has him slack off on purpose.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Yeah it really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to guys like Aiyuk, Jennings, and CMC who are all eager to lay down a block. It's unfortunate because Deebo could absolutely squash a typical corner if he put any effort into it.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty sure Shanahan notices almost everything

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seriously, though. I suspect Shanahan is okay with it in that instance. He doesn't want a banged up Deebo getting more banged up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I feel like we need a snappy nickname for Mike Macdonald. "Pete" worked just fine since there was only one Pete, but not only are there a million different Mikes in coaching, there's also a bunch of "Mike McCs" (Mike McCarthy, Mike McDaniel, and now Mike Macdonald).

Maybe when he wins his first game we can gift him Mac, but I'm not married to that. We got a whole offseason to workshop this.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

McDeez

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Benne posted:

I feel like we need a snappy nickname for Mike Macdonald. "Pete" worked just fine since there was only one Pete, but not only are there a million different Mikes in coaching, there's also a bunch of "Mike McCs" (Mike McCarthy, Mike McDaniel, and now Mike Macdonald).

Maybe when he wins his first game we can gift him Mac, but I'm not married to that. We got a whole offseason to workshop this.

coach mickmac

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It'll probably be coach Mac, he's not a coach McD - the Mac is distinctive

Until then I guess he's just Little Mac

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Coach Last. Cuz he's going to be in last place.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
hmm. don't quit your day job

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Leperflesh posted:

I'm afraid that despite playing quite well, the kansas city chiefs must just be better at football right now, by a bit, and so they win

It's hosed up that the NFL allows this but it's the world we love it

Coldforge posted:

There was another play that game that's plausibly a touchdown if Deebo actually blocks the DB in front of him (I think it was a CMC run?)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah it really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to guys like Aiyuk, Jennings, and CMC who are all eager to lay down a block. It's unfortunate because Deebo could absolutely squash a typical corner if he put any effort into it.

Aiyuk used to block really well for N'Keal Harry during their ASU days, so it makes complete sense that Aiyuk turned out to be the better player (and teammate), lol

I will always happily cheer on success for whatever team Aiyuk is on, because he's one of my all-time favorite ASU players

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Canned Sunshine posted:

Aiyuk used to block really well for N'Keal Harry during their ASU days, so it makes complete sense that Aiyuk turned out to be the better player (and teammate), lol

I will always happily cheer on success for whatever team Aiyuk is on, because he's one of my all-time favorite ASU players

Just the threat of the Auyik deep pass probably helps the Run. Something the Niners haven't had in a while.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

It'll probably be coach Mac, he's not a coach McD - the Mac is distinctive

Until then I guess he's just Little Mac

Oooh yeah Mac is a good one.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Coach MacDonald had a farm ee i ee i o

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I’m gonna shout “CAN I GET A LITTLE MACTION FROM THE BACK SECTION” every time he throws a challenge flag

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Every time the Seahawks get a turnover, someone has to post MACATTACK.

Hopefully it won't happen often.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Coldforge posted:

Making this my bit next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Coldforge posted:

And when they are marching down for a comeback you can say THE MAC IS BACK!