Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Hahaha oh no Cody they killed you out there.

This is such an obviously bad decision storywise that there should be DBry-esque rebellion from the audience but I think the people who chanted then all left already and those who replaced them don’t quite care enough or even know what to do about it if they did. Roman is obviously retaining again, I hope Rock doesn’t tear too many tendons so he still can raise Romans hand to thunderous boos one more time. The ‘if I don’t finish the story by next year’ comment might have made me think they would try to set up Cody/Roman at summerslam but I’m pretty sure (anyone able to compare the dates exactly feel free to correct/confirm) that the Hogan reign length they surely have their eye on beating would take Roman past summerslam and there’s no big enough PPV after that so…. better luck next mania, Cody.

By my count the Hogan run is tied 9/11 and broken 9/12

There's only been one time ever a Summerslam didn't happen in August (2022, July 30). If/when he's beating the Hogan run, he's not just retaining this Mania, he's retaining this Summerslam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hogan is gonna do a shoot run in (Shuffle in?) to keep Roman from breaking his record.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Roman Reigns WWE title reign doesnt even surpass Pedro Morales' WWE title reign this year if he holds it the whole year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

I realize we're all laughing at Cody here, but I would like to present the newest name change in the WWE Universe.

https://x.com/mas_lucha/status/1753659896682217663?s=20

From Humberto to Berto.

First he was Humberto Carillo

Then he was Humberto

Now he is Berto

In a few years he will just be Ert

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Cody is going to finish the story (or maybe he won't brother)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rock beats Roman at Mania, immediately vacates the title, Roman wins the title back and we pretend he never lost it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Here’s how Cody can still win

https://x.com/beourguestig/status/1753627410359087311?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

that doesnt work for me jabroni, dj

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

quote:

No way they fumble it ALL this bad.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
We need a 'Remember that time Cody got humilated by CM Punk who got elbowed in th balls by Kojima if you don't remember' thread to keep a whole timeline of the story and all these real pictures.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Nah, brother, we got you at Summerslam"

"Well, we gotta do the Rock rematch and plus Roman's coming up on Hogan's record... How about Survivor Series?"

"Well, Punk's back, we gotta do Punk/Roman before he gets hurt again, hey, threepeat Rumble? Eh?"

"Austin agreed to come back, we GOTTA put him on top with Roman, you understand, right?"

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Stardust has a better chanec of winning the title than Cody Rhodes to the Top

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm stunned at how utterly fumbled it all is. I shouldn't be surprised at this point on any level but holy poo poo

also lol

https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1753657560668791085?t=2enV8q0-1TJcwcBsGQpubQ&s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm stunned at how utterly fumbled it all is. I shouldn't be surprised at this point on any level but holy poo poo

also lol

https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1753657560668791085?t=2enV8q0-1TJcwcBsGQpubQ&s=19

playa hater of the year

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

TheKingslayer posted:

Hogan is gonna do a shoot run in (Shuffle in?) to keep Roman from breaking his record.

Just watch them do Roman/Hogan in Saudi.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Drew becoming a solid shitposter was not something I expected

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lamuella posted:

Hey, remember back in 2010 when Low Ki won a shot for any title by winning the second season of NXT, and cashed it in on an intercontinental title shot against Dolph Ziggler and lost in less than ten minutes?

they were pissed Low Ki won the fan vote over Michael Mcgillicutty and had to bury him appropriately

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Cody you dumbass

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2024-02-02

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
lol Cody

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

they were pissed Low Ki won the fan vote over Michael Mcgillicutty and had to bury him appropriately

drat, maybe they shouldn't have named their legacy star something I would name a tertiary character in a Tin Tin story. Might have got him over better.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Them trying to frame it as Cody owning Roman is extra funny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd like to take this time to sincerely apologize to Kaito Kiyomiya. Last year I called him the most humiliated man in wrestling; I never imagined Punk or Cody, let alone both, let alone in the same week, could sink to newer depths

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXBGjG02nuk

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

edogawa rando posted:

Sorry, should've been clearer - I meant across the two nights once they made it a multi-evening event. That one's on me.

They did a women’s fatal 4 way tag for the right to fight the champs on Night 2

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This should happen, but then the Rock turns on Cody and costs him the match.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WWE booking matches in order to maximize “media exposure” and help increase stock prices will hopefully lead to even dumber and crazier matches in the future.

Roman vs Jason Momoa
The Rock vs Vin Diesel vs Roman
Roman vs somebody in a Demogorgon costume with the cast of Stranger Things in his corner

Cody and Seth can keep trading the dumb loser idiot belt back and forth, the real stars are after the galactic championship or whatever it’s called now

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I'd like to take this time to sincerely apologize to Kaito Kiyomiya. Last year I called him the most humiliated man in wrestling; I never imagined Punk or Cody, let alone both, let alone in the same week, could sink to newer depths

That Triple H gathering the Infinity Stones meme but it’s a collection of losers like Cody, Punk and Kaito.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/wrestlelamia/status/1753733340228681750?s=20

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What’s so loving dumb is that there are two nights of Wrestlemania. There is no reason for this.

Have Cody/Seth and Roman/Rock night 1. Roman/Cody night 2 to win the title. Unless Cody was never supposed to win this year, then I guess please don’t run the same lovely story 3 years in a row.

And are Rock and Roman actually showing up this year to build the match? Seems unlikely.

Seth is also the only person Roman hasn’t beat during this title reign. Seth has that DQ Rumble win. I’m sure they could have been spun as a way for them to fight to decide who faces Roman.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Hirez posted:

hope u enjoyed.

The Miz is the most holistically successful person in the history of the WWE, without ever totally leaving.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This is even funnier than him just not winning at mania

What a time to be alive

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

What’s so loving dumb is that there are two nights of Wrestlemania. There is no reason for this.

Have Cody/Seth and Roman/Rock night 1. Roman/Cody night 2 to win the title. Unless Cody was never supposed to win this year, then I guess please don’t run the same lovely story 3 years in a row.

And are Rock and Roman actually showing up this year to build the match? Seems unlikely.

Seth is also the only person Roman hasn’t beat during this title reign. Seth has that DQ Rumble win. I’m sure they could have been spun as a way for them to fight to decide who faces Roman.

lol if you think Roman is wrestling two nights in a row. He is absolutely not doing that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

I realize we're all laughing at Cody here, but I would like to present the newest name change in the WWE Universe.

https://x.com/mas_lucha/status/1753659896682217663?s=20

From Humberto to Berto.

We've got Sammy Guevara at home.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Astro7x posted:

lol if you think Cody is winning the title. He is absolutely not doing that.

Chaunders
Jun 23, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god I can’t believe Lispy McGee is being overshadowed by The Rock of all people. How could this possibly happen?

What a disaster that we’re getting the literally biggest superstar the WWE has ever produced versus Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania

As if they were going to put Cody Lispsalot over Roman anyway

You might as well cry about Shinsuke not finishing his story the right way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chaunders posted:

Oh my god I can’t believe Lispy McGee is being overshadowed by The Rock of all people. How could this possibly happen?

What a disaster that we’re getting the literally biggest superstar the WWE has ever produced versus Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania

are you suggesting the man has a lisp?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chaunders posted:

Hey maybe shut the gently caress up, we can make fun of Cody without doing bullshit like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ah, the wwe hate thread, this is my place to try out for cornette drive thru third mic