Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

You're laughing. A son of a son of a plumber just got embarrassed live I front of 10000 people and youre laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Suplex Liberace posted:

thats a lot of engagement

they wanted to get people to stop talking about Vince, so instead now everyone is talking about how they shot themselves in the foot to get people to stop talking about Vince

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I still cannot believe they didn't vacate or have Priest cash in on the Sour Grapes championship after Rollins got hurt. They're gonna have to do two months of build about the Workhorse Title while the guy who has it can't wrestle.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
They pissed off actual fans to court the casual audience because all they can talk about anymore is how your company is run as a rape factory

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"no way they fumble it this hard" like what? people really forgot how loving bad WWE was for eons, they had maybe 2 decent years of improving poo poo as AEW got running. The show literally got so loving bad they had a segment where all the McMahons and HH came out to the ring acknowledging it sucked rear end and made hints of big things happening (The Elite, who they thought were gonna sign---and then went to make AEW lol). But at that time the show had been getting worse every year and only NXT was the saving grace. This simply going back to the status quo because the same writers and bookers are still there, minus the psychotic old man.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1753769124260442399?t=7zUk_WOc8HbgUWSi_-Io8A&s=19

243k dislikes in 12 hours. No other WWE-posted video ever even has 82k

I kinda figured anyone left watching this stuff would know this was the most likely outcome to all of this and do the necessary mental gymnastics to convince themselves it's good booking but I guess not!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DLC Inc posted:

"no way they fumble it this hard" like what? people really forgot how loving bad WWE was for eons, they had maybe 2 decent years of improving poo poo as AEW got running. The show literally got so loving bad they had a segment where all the McMahons and HH came out to the ring acknowledging it sucked rear end and made hints of big things happening (The Elite, who they thought were gonna sign---and then went to make AEW lol). But at that time the show had been getting worse every year and only NXT was the saving grace. This simply going back to the status quo because the same writers and bookers are still there, minus the psychotic old man.

but hhh rehired a lot of people!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Suplex Liberace posted:

thats a lot of engagement

You gotta keep Cody jobbing, look at the HEAT

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It is kind of incredible that after everything WWE did to embarrass Cody last WrestleMania and in the year after and make him into the biggest geek rear end loser and Just Another Guy he has not, to the regular fed watcher, lost nearly as much of his popularity and mystique as you think he would have.

I can't believe they missed the easiest layup in the world twice. To the point that it's also shining a light on the many other horrifying problems in the company. Wild.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/C24_2o4M38l

The gently caress? They're doing a kickoff show 2 months before WM???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anyway, at a certain point it's not because of the Rock or HHH or bad booking or whatever other bullshit excuse people wanna come up with.

The real reason is that Roman is the one who decides when he drops that belt. And Roman very clearly has no desire to put over Cody. He didn't in 2023. He doesn't in 2024. What's gonna change?

When a guy gets enough power to do what he always wanted to do, you see what the guy always wanted to do. Roman wants to work once every six months and not put anybody over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope Cody beats Seth and then Priest cashes in on him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Lumbermouth posted:

I still cannot believe they didn't vacate or have Priest cash in on the Sour Grapes championship after Rollins got hurt. They're gonna have to do two months of build about the Workhorse Title while the guy who has it can't wrestle.

It makes Priest look like the dumbest guy in the world. Seth was right there. There's precedent. Yes I know it's stupid to expect any form of competent booking from this company but it's staggering how bad it's been. At least 2010 was just bland instead of bafflingly bad.

Truther Vandross posted:

Okay this would be funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Truther Vandross posted:

Somebody post the Timmy Turner picture.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Man, The Rock is a real piece of poo poo.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This is 2014 Royal Rumble level of lovely booking

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
priest is gonna cash in on Cody after he beats Seth and Cody will have TECHNICALLY finished the story (with the loser fuckface title) at wrestlemania (night 1, for one minute)

e and at newwe years dash a stardust is reborn

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Punk should come out on raw to lmao at cody

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Roman holding the world title hostage is probably the only cool thing about him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Actual headlines: Rock returns to company marred by rape allegations, doesn't think better if it. Hollywood career over.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

shiksa posted:

priest is gonna cash in on Cody after he beats Seth and Cody will have TECHNICALLY finished the story (with the loser fuckface title) at wrestlemania (night 1, for one minute)

e and at newwe years dash a stardust is reborn

Goddamn, Priest cashing in on Cody and taking the belt is too funny & petty for them NOT to do it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It's completely on brand for WWE to take the Rock--who has very much lost the aura of box office invulnerability his movie career once had--and put him at the top of the card at WM

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1753809733470093580?s=20

lets go uce

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Gaz-L posted:

The actual funniest outcome is Cody turning on Dwayne and costing him the match, and joining the Bloodline.

Carwash oval office posted:

after Seth beats him clean on night 1, because the new belt needs a looong title reign to make it important

Don't forget Priest still has the MITB contract, so it could potentially be even funnier - Seth beats Cody, Priest cashes in & wins the belt, Cody gets TWO rubber chickens

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

Anyway, at a certain point it's not because of the Rock or HHH or bad booking or whatever other bullshit excuse people wanna come up with.

The real reason is that Roman is the one who decides when he drops that belt. And Roman very clearly has no desire to put over Cody. He didn't in 2023. He doesn't in 2024. What's gonna change?

When a guy gets enough power to do what he always wanted to do, you see what the guy always wanted to do. Roman wants to work once every six months and not put anybody over.

me too

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
might be time for a new 'hey man you still in [insert fed here]' meme.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Dwayne really looked at a company embroiled in sex trafficking allegations and thought "hmm yes time to embed myself into that poo poo as deeply as possible"

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Dwayne really looked at a company embroiled in sex trafficking allegations and thought "hmm yes time to embed myself into that poo poo as deeply as possible"

A stepping stone to the presidency

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I can’t wait for them to cover this on season 17 of Young Rock

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

"There's two big differences between you and I, Cody. You pull up to a red light, a man jerks your door open, says outta the car, I'm takin' your car. You say okay, take it, just don't hurt me. You know what I do? I pull out the glock, put it on his forehead and spill his brains all over the concrete!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I mean, seems like a pretty good time for him to go to the board and say "hey, why don't you kick out all those idiots making your company look bad and replace them with me and my guys?"

The Rock can go around declaring himself the hero who cleaned out all the rot in the WWE(note, it does not matter if this is actually true or not)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
And Roman stays in top in both situations due to nepotism, also expect a Nia Jax push.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

"There's two big differences between you and I, Cody. You pull up to a red light, a man jerks your door open, says outta the car, I'm takin' your car. You say okay, take it, just don't hurt me. You know what I do? I pull out the glock, put it on his forehead and spill his brains all over the concrete!"

The view never changes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Armitage posted:

might be time for a new 'hey man you still in [insert fed here]' meme.

Joe calling Punk, “Hey man, you back in WWE?”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Roman doesn't seem like an rear end in a top hat politicker irl, but it helps that he rarely speaks or does interviews out of character. I think they figured out with Brock that the way to make a guy special is to only use him on special occasions where he can look good. A bit like how Hogan would return after football season and take credit for ratings, but wwe does it for Roman.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Yes! :lol:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m so glad i was a wcw kid

Amen, but I'm also glad my friend's parents dropped the channel that carried WCW in Finland, so I was spared from watching the final year of that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

very cool that cody goes to the wwe and still somehow ends up the tnt champ