Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1753836533117821263?s=46

:lol: :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I think I hear Hue Jacksons music...

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

No direct flights from Vegas to Thailand

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

:psyduck:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah must have decided chilling on a beach in Thailand was superior to working in 120 hours a week for Mark Davis. He’s gotta be collecting checks from the Bidwells for years to come?

Flikken posted:

I think I hear Hue Jacksons music...

https://youtu.be/CQeezCdF4mk?si=QzWW0fU3UfHm6eoW

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jennalaineespn/status/1753824090484338876?s=46

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

basketball guys

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Magic Johnson's Twitter fingers kept the Commanders from hiring a good head coach.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

Magic Johnson's Twitter fingers kept the Commanders from hiring a good head coach.

Please don't disparage the perfect tweeter

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Basketball guys...so analytics?

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
enjoying the idea of a smiling magic interviewing football coaches and asking them how to run the pick n roll

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

This feels like a break up, not a relationship that didn't even happen

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Washington sounds like it's still incompetently run, just less so than before.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1753858271331410201

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Basketball guys...so analytics?

I'm betting much closer to David Tepper. Finance guys who are convinced they're the smartest guy in the room.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

It is a very minor saga, but very confused by the kliff saga

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A year ago: Bieniemy finally gets to audition for his HC gig

Now: Bieniemy on pace to be unemployed

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Would he be the next best bet in Vegas since all the other OCs are snapped up? He just had an offense bereft of talent in Washington right?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Black Sunshine posted:

Would he be the next best bet in Vegas since all the other OCs are snapped up? He just had an offense bereft of talent in Washington right?

There's talent at the skill positions there, but a poo poo line and a qb who has a sack kink

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Black Lighter posted:

There's talent at the skill positions there, but a poo poo line and a qb who has a sack kink

Okay so we have a decent line with a massive question mark at QB so... well it's all really a crapshoot anyway.

I'm prepared for Hue Jackson since the franchise is cursed

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Black Lighter posted:

Sometimes I kink up my sack. It's my sack kink kink.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

A year ago: Bieniemy finally gets to audition for his HC gig

Now: Bieniemy on pace to be unemployed

I imagine Kansas City would bring him back in some role like “Senior Offensive Assistant” or whatever, just like they did with Nagy last year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

I imagine Kansas City would bring him back in some role like “Senior Offensive Assistant” or whatever, just like they did with Nagy last year.

I'd take him back as OC right now. But when you make the Super Bowl ain't no one getting fired, and no one is going to snipe Nagy as a head coach again anytime soon. I mean, there are no real openings left anyway, just saying if there were he would not be on their list.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/bradyhenderson/status/1753875566611329181?s=46

This might mean Tom Clements - The Real GOAT of the Packers - is retiring 💔

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A Sneaker Broker posted:

https://x.com/bradyhenderson/status/1753875566611329181?s=46

This might mean Tom Clements - The Real GOAT of the Packers - is retiring 💔

The Packers destroyed Manion. Why are they giving him a job?!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grittybeard posted:

Mostly stuff we already know (Bill wants roster control, teams don't want to give it to him, etc).

https://theathletic.com/5244873/2024/02/02/bill-belichick-nfl-coaching-falcons-patriots/

But this line made me laugh:

The people mentioned here are front office people from dogshit franchises who are changing coaches who are more interested in keeping their jobs than winning anything.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Black Sunshine posted:

Okay so we have a decent line with a massive question mark at QB so... well it's all really a crapshoot anyway.

I'm prepared for Hue Jackson since the franchise is cursed

I remember when Hue Jackson was THE hot offensive coordinator HC prospect. The Ben Johnson of the year.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DeimosRising posted:

I remember when Hue Jackson was THE hot offensive coordinator HC prospect. The Ben Johnson of the year.

Me too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

The people mentioned here are front office people from dogshit franchises who are changing coaches who are more interested in keeping their jobs than winning anything.

I know you love old coaches who were successful, but there's a reason to question giving Bill full control of the front office. The Chargers? Maybe that would have worked, but they had what they can actually bet at the moment is a better, younger option (right or wrong it's a bet to be made). Who is just going to be an insane person coaching a team.

The Falcons...I really think that would have been a disaster. It's still going to be a disaster of course, but just a different kind of one and you don't have to wonder whether you should fire Bill freaking Belichick when you go 5-12 solely on the defense winning a few games.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah people pretending Bill is a bad coach is dumb but it’s pretty fair to skeptical of giving bill personnel control

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hue Jackson will eventually cycle through the league using pseudonyms such as “Shade”, “Colour”, “Opacity”, and finally “Cmyk”

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hue Jackson will eventually cycle through the league using pseudonyms such as “Shade”, “Colour”, “Opacity”, and finally “Cmyk”

:golfclap:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Then there will be a war between the Raiders and Browns led by Solid and Liquid Jackson.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cymk Jackson to RGB3: I’m your coordinator now

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah people pretending Bill is a bad coach is dumb but it’s pretty fair to skeptical of giving bill personnel control

you and mcmagic have gotta stop doing this nonsense. no one has called bill a bad coach but he is old as gently caress with some pretty awful recent results. is it so difficult to believe that someone might not be able to coach at the same level in their mid 70s as they used to?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

you and mcmagic have gotta stop doing this nonsense. no one has called bill a bad coach but he is old as gently caress with some pretty awful recent results. is it so difficult to believe that someone might not be able to coach at the same level in their mid 70s as they used to?

People call him a bad coach carried by Brady all the time don’t know what your on about

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

People call him a bad coach carried by Brady all the time don’t know what your on about

He’s is a great coach but since Brady left he’s undeniably demonstrated some of the characteristics of a bad head coach starting with his insistence on assembling staffs only composed of people who have previously worked for him

quote:

But if Belichick wouldn’t go all in to pitch Kraft on a way to turn around the Patriots’ recent misfortunes, he certainly wasn’t going to do it for a relative stranger. League sources believed Kraft might have been swayed to keep Belichick for another season if the coach committed to changing certain strategies with the personnel department, roster construction and his offensive vision, but Belichick had been accustomed to a specific approach and wouldn’t bend that far.

Imagine rocking up to an interview after losing your job for poor performance and just saying that you’re gonna keep doing the same usual poo poo

Adun fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 4, 2024

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
What team does so terribly next season that they are willing to give Bellicheck everything he wants and hire him as coach, baggage and all? Jets? Cowboys? Bears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Belichick and Rodgers would be funny as hell.