Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Taear posted:

I still remember Trunkie and how Paphetis said it was useless poo poo because he smashed it up

They did a "where are they now" style show at one point and I think Paphetis said his biggest regret from the show was not investing in Trunkii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

crispix posted:

great comedy also this series in the form of Traitor Andrew, first of all not being arsed with the role, then when he finally realised staying in the show depended on it:

• talking loudly about who to murder, anywhere and everywhere
  • having the clash of the idiots with Ross, and pretending to be too stupid to know what the word elusive meant
  • bringing it up again, completely unnecessarily, and asking what the big word was... was it exclusive was it??? ayam a big daft taffy, ayam, definitely too daft to be a traaytah pff! :rolleyes:
  • deciding too late to turn on Harry and, having said nothing about him previously, go on a tirade about all Harry's traitor tactics to poor old Jaz who'd clearly given up at that point

Yeah, Andrew's last-minute tactic to try and throw Harry under the bus with Jaz was hilarious; possibly the worst play in the entire series. Just going from being quiet and saying he didn't know about anything for 99% of his time there and then suddenly barrelling in with all of the exact details of how Harry was a traitor before Jaz could even speak

For all that's been said about Harry not being so bright, he definitely knew how to play the game. He knew that as a traitor trying to throw another traitor under the bus, you can't just go and start blabbing to people. You need to wait until they bring the person up, and then pitch in, so it looks like their idea. Andrew went at it like a bull in a china shop and it was amazing.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Man maybe traitors needs its own thread? I know this thread is quite slow normally but other stuff got moved out when it turned into all the thread was about

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I agree with the poster who suggested it for next series, like we did with Taskmaster.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Yeah thanks for NOT READING MY POSTS, TAEAR :mad:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I'll do one for the next series if the lord spares me for to see it

i'll do an OP with funny jokes in and everything :)

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

crispix posted:

I'll do one for the next series if the lord spares me for to see it

i'll do an OP with funny jokes in and everything :)

It would be lovely to have a Traitors thread that was inclusive of both the UK and international versions!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

njsykora posted:

They did a "where are they now" style show at one point and I think Paphetis said his biggest regret from the show was not investing in Trunkii.

Yeah they did a few of those followup shows, but IIRC he invested in Magic Whiteboard too which took off like nobody's business so I guess it evens out.

Edit - SORRY I'M NOT WATCHING TRAITORS

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

sitchensis posted:

It would be lovely to have a Traitors thread that was inclusive of both the UK and international versions!

Agreed, it just might get messy when two versions (like UK and US s2) are airing at the same time.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I will say as someone who is watching the US one it's actually a lot of fun. Despite it being made up of reality stars of various degrees (And John Bercow) it's not really *drama* focused as you would think (Though hilariously one player - a boxer - just left because he couldn't emotionally handle picking the wrong person and sending them home.). If anything it's hyperfocused on the game because you have people from SURVIVOR, BIG BROTHER and THE CHALLENGE all of which are social networking games, and it's one of those things that is causing a subtle divide in the house because the other set of players are not from shows like that at all. It makes for a pretty interesting game because cliques can be formed before the show even starts and that can be a help or it can be a hindrance depending on who you are.

Plus you have the bonus of Alan Cumming chowing down on the scenery.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 29, 2024

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

DrVenkman posted:

John Bercow

what

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Yep. Hilarious moment in the first episode where as soon as they put the blindfold on him his breathing got really heavy, which was noticable to everyone around him. He claimed it was because of asthma, then the next day during a challenge he was sprinting and screaming. I crack up every time I see him because he must have zero clue what is going on or who any of these people are.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
The Apprentice: Boomer rants at camera 2024

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Starbucks posted:

The Apprentice: Boomer rants at camera 2024

that's still going? christ

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Cerv posted:

that's still going? christ

I used to not watch it, was like watching Vietnam videos as a veteran with PTSD working with so many marketing types. I can watch it now safe in the knowledge I won’t come across these people anymore.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I loving love the Apprentice. Bad call on week 1!

Steve looks like a cross between Tim Curry and Superhans and I hope he goes far

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Blimey, Trigger Point is rather good, isn't it?

Binge watched the first series ahead of the second. Haven't felt this tense watching a TV programme since Spooks tbh

(Yes I know it's not in the slightest bit realistic, shush)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 2, 2024

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

eating only apples posted:

I loving love the Apprentice. Bad call on week 1!

Steve looks like a cross between Tim Curry and Superhans and I hope he goes far

It's really weird to me that the website (as in the BBC) doesn't have the ages of the candidates this year.
Everyone seems a bit older than usual but the guy who was fired was proper "young tory".

Also man 250k really is gently caress all now isn't it? I hadn't considered that last year.

It's always funny to me going and reading Digital Spy about each year's apprentice because it's like a snapshot into forums in 2001

Taear fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 3, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
:bahgawd: mneymnehmneh cheesy pun

*LAUGH*

:bahgawd: mnyehmneyhmnehmneh joke about a candidate's occupation

*LAUGH*

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

:eyepop:

next Bond found imo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haven’t had chance to give Gladiators a proper try yet, but really glad they leaned into the ‘let’s do everything the same as the 90s’ aspect, from logos and music to presumably the same arena.

One thing that always shocked me is how much bigger it was than US Gladiators, which was filmed in front of approximately 14 people.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah it's quite fun, I can imagine it being a really good time to watch with kids.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Gladiators is a fun time and I've been enjoying it every Saturday. Legend is such a good heel.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Volcano posted:

Gladiators is a fun time and I've been enjoying it every Saturday. Legend is such a good heel.

Legend is having such a good time with his character. Nitro too but I suspect he's like that irl. Fury and Sabre rule, I really enjoy them mean mugging to the camera but creasing immediately.

Not coming back next series:
Giant (steroids)
Comet ("I'm really good at The Wall!" *comically loses every time*)
Dynamite (...)

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I wish we didn't have Bradley Walsh and his drippy kid hosting it. But some of those Gladiator names are weak too. And I need more trash talking.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

I wish we didn't have Bradley Walsh and his drippy kid hosting it. But some of those Gladiator names are weak too. And I need more trash talking.

BLADE
LAZER
BLAZER

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

DrVenkman posted:

Bradley Walsh is normally great but his son is such a charisma vacuum it pulls Bradley down too.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Private Pike has died.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He won't be telling anyone anything now anymore sadly.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

SeanBeansShako posted:

He won't be telling anyone anything now anymore sadly.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Sorry to bring up Traitor chat again but i just watched through the second series of the Austrailian version (its on iplayer so it counts as uk tv right?).

Jesus christ lol

What a perfect ending. Sam absolutely controlled the entire game, he just kept on getting away with it until the very end. The special Traitors Dillema game mechanic is ridiculous, it would have been so much more safe to have lost another traitor and avoided that completely. Like ofc you Steal, Sam was so obviously not going to share. His pissy little rant about how hard he worked at the end was glorious lol. 'Thats a rich person thing to say' says the guy who set out to steal the all prize money for himself.

Overall i think Austraila series 2 is my favorite one i've seen so far. Very disapointed they broke the tradition of the final task involving a helicopter ride tho.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
EastEnders actor, 27, laughs off criticism that he is too old to play school bully

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/04/eastenders-actor-27-laughs-off-criticism-too-old-school-bully

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That rules.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

21 Albert Square

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nicholas Brendon was 30 when he played high schooler Xander in Buffy, it’s nothing new.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol when my wife was watching an episode with him in I did say 'wtf that guys like 40'... So I'm glad its not just me.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
give me your gameboy and all your pogs, you lemon!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
For a second I was convinced that as An Onion Article.

Then I realised that this whole country might as well be An Onion Article.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 8, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lB_ykyf5E

honestly it's a credit to the other actors that they can keep a straight face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
so bad he's been kept back a year

... since 2008