Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Elissimpark posted:

I have the feeling some people are able to just shut off their minds when running and find it meditative.

Personally, I find it not mindless enough to do that, but also not interesting enough to enjoy being in the moment with it.

Which leaves me bored and unable to distract myself from the general unpleasantness of it. Running, by itself, sucks.

Give me a sport to play though, and I'll keep going for ages.

Play racquetball. I’m always looking for partners.

Where do you live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Putting the wrong screw or dowel in anything will destroy it. Metal will strip. Hardwoods will crack. That's why it's the wrong one.

not if it's wrong because it's too small

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gripweed posted:

not if it's wrong because it's too small

Why would a too small dowel or screw destroy ikea furniture?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Why would a too small dowel or screw destroy ikea furniture?

It wouldn't. So your definition of the wrong screw or dowel being the screw or dowel that will destroy the furniture is inaccurate.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gripweed posted:

It wouldn't. So your definition of the wrong screw or dowel being the screw or dowel that will destroy the furniture is inaccurate.

Haha. Such classic gripweed. Really good job ignoring the conversation and the original point that was made to try and be pedantic. Really, stellar work. You're still on top of your game.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Gripweed posted:

Yeah people got really mad when I even suggested there was value in measuring one’s physical ability, let alone expecting a minimum standard.

There is value in measuring yourself, mostly against your old self, but sometimes also with other people. That is different from whatever it was you suggested.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Haha. Such classic gripweed. Really good job ignoring the conversation and the original point that was made to try and be pedantic. Really, stellar work. You're still on top of your game.

Even in the context of the discussion, you were simply incorrect.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

oldpainless posted:

Play racquetball. I’m always looking for partners.

Where do you live

Where would you like me to live?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Can you please live in Topeka, Kansas?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Before you get old, approach retirement, you should spend all your income to enjoy life while you are still able to do it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Yeah people got really mad when I even suggested there was value in measuring one’s physical ability, let alone expecting a minimum standard.

I was not mad about your (inadvertent) proposal for a national registry of the physically disabled, but I did think it was ill-advised.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

so mad

anyway, I've just recently come up with a new one that seems to also make people mad so here goes; Resident Evil 4 has aged very poorly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Resident Evil was always bad and lame

Before we moved a dude at our apartments had a decommissioned police cruiser still painted in cop black and white, and vanity Raccoon City PD plate frames. He is the lamest part of the Resident Evil Extended Universe and needs a swirlie and a locker asap

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Resident Evil games got good with 5, that's when they figured out controls that don't suck. 6 was a misfire, but then they pivoted and brought good controls to older style games with the Revelations spinoffs, 7, and the remakes, so it was all gold from there on.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

so mad

anyway, I've just recently come up with a new one that seems to also make people mad so here goes; Resident Evil 4 has aged very poorly.

Games tend to look a bit antique as they approach 20 years old, regardless I'll play the 2005 version twice more before playing the remake again

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Is 5 or 6 the Racist One?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

thetoughestbean posted:

Can you please live in Topeka, Kansas?

Oddly specific.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

so mad

I've never played a Resident Evil game AND I AM PERFECTLY EVEN-TEMPERED ABOUT THIS. SO loving EVEN-TEMPERED YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. THAT'S NOT STEAM COMING OUT OF MY EARS, THAT'S TEMPERANCE WINE.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is 5 or 6 the Racist One?

5 is racist against ethnicity, 6 is racist against gamers

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

docbeard posted:

I've never played a Resident Evil game AND I AM PERFECTLY EVEN-TEMPERED ABOUT THIS. SO loving EVEN-TEMPERED YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. THAT'S NOT STEAM COMING OUT OF MY EARS, THAT'S TEMPERANCE WINE.

Please don't put in Game Informer that im mad.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Having beaten 90% of the RE franchise in the last month I can say with confidence that the series is pretty fun. Also frequently funny.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Games tend to look a bit antique as they approach 20 years old, regardless I'll play the 2005 version twice more before playing the remake again

The graphics are fine, the graphics aren't the problem. It's the controls. And there are plenty of 20 year old games that have aged quite well.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Oh god not another tank controls bemoaner

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh god not another tank controls bemoaner

They're fuckin dogshit dude. There is a reason that tank controls were universally abandoned as developers got more experience makin 3d games.

The reason is that they're really bad.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

They're fuckin dogshit dude. There is a reason that tank controls were universally abandoned as developers got more experience makin 3d games.

The reason is that they're really bad.

I fully disagree, games with them are designed with them in mind, I can't say I've ever even had the slightest hint of an issue with them. They seem quite wildly hated though so I'm not calling you wrong or anything, just saying me, my dad and even my dear mother who beat the first level of tomb raider 1 are all better gaymers than you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I fully disagree, games with them are designed with them in mind, I can't say I've ever even had the slightest hint of an issue with them. They seem quite wildly hated though so I'm not calling you wrong or anything, just saying me, my dad and even my dear mother who beat the first level of tomb raider 1 are all better gaymers than you

The only people who defend tank controls are people who had to get used to them as kids because that's all that was available. Sure you never had a problem with them, because they were all you knew. But they are bad, and that's why they don't put them in games anymore.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I want to see two-lever-style tank controls. L1 and R2 move you right, R1 and L2 move you left, 1+1 move you forward, 2+2 move you backward. Left analog stick moves your gun, face buttons to shoot.

This is what playing too much Besiege has done to my brain.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Even in the context of the discussion, you were simply incorrect.

Oh man. You're so good at this. Yep. Crossthreading never existed until Ikea was invented. That's absolutely unique to Ikea and not user error.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Oh man. You're so good at this. Yep. Crossthreading never existed until Ikea was invented. That's absolutely unique to Ikea and not user error.

If you put a dowel that’s too small for the hole in the hole, nothing will break but it’s still the wrong dowel. The definition of the wrong dowel is not “the dowel that will break the thing you’re inserting it into”

This seems self evident to me.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've never been to an Ikea but assembling their furniture looks easy.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Gripweed posted:

If you put a dowel that’s too small for the hole in the hole, nothing will break but it’s still the wrong dowel. The definition of the wrong dowel is not “the dowel that will break the thing you’re inserting it into”

This seems self evident to me.

Oh, man. You circled back around to pretending the original post doesn't exist. That's awesome. Such classic Gripweed antics. I guess I'll defer to you being the expert on wood being too small for the hole. ;)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Oh, man. You circled back around to pretending the original post doesn't exist. That's awesome. Such classic Gripweed antics. I guess I'll defer to you being the expert on wood being too small for the hole. ;)

Genuinely, what the gently caress are you talking about? You haven’t actually been responding to me, you’ve just been making these weird little lovely aggressive posts that hide whatever point you may have behind a veil of general prickishness.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Resident Evil was always bad and lame

Before we moved a dude at our apartments had a decommissioned police cruiser still painted in cop black and white, and vanity Raccoon City PD plate frames. He is the lamest part of the Resident Evil Extended Universe and needs a swirlie and a locker asap

I had a customer who wanted to commission me to doll up a real M9 to look like his airsoft Raccoon City PD one

If we're handing out swirlies, I'm sorry but my guy is first in line.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Genuinely, what the gently caress are you talking about? You haven’t actually been responding to me, you’ve just been making these weird little lovely aggressive posts that hide whatever point you may have behind a veil of general prickishness.

Oh no. Weird little lovely aggressive posts? In response to your totally genuine attempts to participate in a conversation? That sucks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

Oh no. Weird little lovely aggressive posts? In response to your totally genuine attempts to participate in a conversation? That sucks.

How am I being disingenuous? I’ve been responding as best I can to your defensive pissy responses to me. If you don’t want to defend the post I criticized, you don’t have to. If you do want to defend it, do so. But nothing is gained by this weird thing where you keep responding just to let everyone know you’re vaguely upset with me for some reason.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

Gripweed posted:

How am I being disingenuous? I’ve been responding as best I can to your defensive pissy responses to me. If you don’t want to defend the post I criticized, you don’t have to. If you do want to defend it, do so. But nothing is gained by this weird thing where you keep responding just to let everyone know you’re vaguely upset with me for some reason.

I'm glad you're doing your best. How's your funko pop collection doing?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Atticus_1354 posted:

the only response gripweed ever needs tbh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Atticus_1354 posted:

I'm glad you're doing your best. How's your funko pop collection doing?

I can only assume you have given up arguing your point because you know it cannot be defended. That is why you are attempting to change the subject.

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

the only response gripweed ever needs tbh

I’m not the one being difficult here.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

I've never disagreed with anything more in my life and I haven't even been a part of this conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Gripweed posted:

Read the room dude.