Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vakal posted:

I watched the video of Dolph Lundgren killing him. How is that monster not in jail?

justice for weathers!!!

General Dog posted:

Other than Harrison Ford in the first couple of movies, I don’t know if an actor in a Star Wars has ever understood the assignment as well as Carl Weathers in Mando.

alec guiness thought star wars was a crock of poo poo since the beginning iirc so he gets points for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

General Dog posted:

Madame Web is the key to all of this- if we get Madame Web working- cause she’s a more dynamic character that we’ve ever had in these movies.

You didn’t mention grounded in reality. Your check is being canceled now.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

anyway i watched the first couple of episodes of that crashing series starring the lady mutt from indiana jones, and while now i have a crush on her, god drat that series is full of such dipshit characters. are they meant to be endearing?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Space Kablooey posted:

anyway i watched the first couple of episodes of that crashing series starring the lady mutt from indiana jones, and while now i have a crush on her, god drat that series is full of such dipshit characters. are they meant to be endearing?

We talking about Fleabag? That’s the one people like

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

No, it's the other one, Crashing. I've seen bits of the other one, but not a full episode yet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So does 50 Shades of Grey lady shoot webs or what?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

PostNouveau posted:

she has very interesting powers that could lead to some very fun action sequences!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

PostNouveau posted:

she's a psychic but the three other girls are all varieties of spider-woman who I presume are intended to shot web in the future

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

She enables her friends to shoot webs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lol

They were showing the trailer for this before every movie I've seen in theaters in the last few months and still no one cared.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

While I'm sure the goal with this pic was "look how sexy Dua Lipa's legs are", all I can see is Henry Cavill getting ready to powerbomb her

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

edit: ^:argh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

General Dog posted:

Other than Harrison Ford in the first couple of movies, I don’t know if an actor in a Star Wars has ever understood the assignment as well as Carl Weathers in Mando.

Ian McDiarmid.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Ian McDiarmid.

Oh yeah, that one too

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Please stop putting tiktok pop singers in movies. It's box office poison and makes the world worse.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Clint Howard be bussin’.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

Please stop putting tiktok pop singers in movies. It's box office poison and makes the world worse.

agreed, yes, absolutely.

however, she's hot.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Amazon went straight from showing ads for a spy series starring Kaley Cuoco, to ads for the spy movie Argyle, to ads for the spy series Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

What the gently caress triggered the sudden resurgence of spy based properties?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vakal posted:

Amazon went straight from showing ads for a spy series starring Kaley Cuoco, to ads for the spy movie Argyle, to ads for the spy series Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Because we’re at war with Russia, whaddaya think?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
So no Dula Peep cinematic universe?

Also genuinely shocked that Web is a movie, that trailer just did not look like a film.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Vakal posted:

Probably because they're (slightly) cheaper to make than superhero punchman moopies, while also having the same amount of franchise potential, would be my guess

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Vakal posted:

superhero fatigue

also “spy poo poo” has been Hollywood’s favorite ‘out of ideas’ fallback trope since the Matrix and MIB set the aesthetic vernacular and VFX made it easy and cheap to slap together a top secret base and some explosions and lasers and combat effects, and make animals/babies/kids/comics into superspies

just always lurking there in the background of every single decade in cinema since the 90s

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

X JAKK posted:

My favorite part of the film was when he yelled "Its Heimer time!" and whipped out his 14 inch raging boner

Cillian Murphy not hanging dong was the biggest cinematic disappointment of the last 30 years.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

colonelwest posted:

Cillian Murphy not hanging dong was the biggest cinematic disappointment of the last 30 years.

Gotta leave something for the Director’s Cut

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

trilobite terror posted:

superhero fatigue

also “spy poo poo” has been Hollywood’s favorite ‘out of ideas’ fallback trope since the Matrix and MIB set the aesthetic vernacular and VFX made it easy and cheap to slap together a top secret base and some explosions and lasers and combat effects, and make animals/babies/kids/comics into superspies

just always lurking there in the background of every single decade in cinema since the 90s

Yeah there’s been a real collapse of the spy poo poo genre as well. No one really knows what to do with it. I don’t if it’s just plain overplayed, or maybe people are starting to realize how dumb the spy-fantasy is and that 99% of the CIA “agents” are just schluby bureaucrats doing analysis and case management, all of the actual spying is done by third party nationals who are usually pathetic rats desperate for money.

Argyle was one of those movies that flopped before it even wrapped up filming.

I still love a gritty real life espionage drama though. The Spy is a really solid Netflix miniseries based on a true story and I really enjoyed it recently.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol John Cena is in it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Endless Trash posted:

Gotta leave something for the Director’s Cut

I don't think he's jewish

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

colonelwest posted:

Yeah there’s been a real collapse of the spy poo poo genre as well. No one really knows what to do with it. I don’t if it’s just plain overplayed, or maybe people are starting to realize how dumb the spy-fantasy is and that 99% of the CIA “agents” are just schluby bureaucrats doing analysis and case management, all of the actual spying is done by third party nationals who are usually pathetic rats desperate for money.

Argyle was one of those movies that flopped before it even wrapped up filming.

I still love a gritty real life espionage drama though. The Spy is a really solid Netflix miniseries based on a true story and I really enjoyed it recently.

they should try making a good one!! then it might do well.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

quote:

In July 2021, it was announced that Argylle was intended to serve as a trilogy of films.[9] In March 2022, it was confirmed that the first film will be followed by two sequels to complete a film trilogy.[35] In October 2023, Vaughn confirmed plans to create additional movies,

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

are we gonna talk about nerd crew? kinda sucked.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

I know, Rich's mic kept cutting out and they barely let me know how dynamic and grounded the movie is!!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

im a consumer of the nerd crew

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hemale in pain posted:

Take this seriously!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Perhaps it might be prudent to wait and see how the first movie based on a new IP does, before announcing the grand plans for franchising the poo poo out of it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

hemale in pain posted:

I enjoyed it, even if Rich felt the need to get his car into yet another RLM video.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

anything not to be in a room with mike

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Execs all have r word strength but for greed and it makes everything terrible and is almost always Delft defeating while anything that's wildly successful is purely in spite of them.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched malcolm x at the alamo

I love how the film rewards repeat viewings. the second time I watched it I realized giancarlo esposito plays one of the assassins. this time I found that michael imperioli played a reporter

Burns
May 10, 2008

With Collider dead, who are they paroding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That new Nerd Crew is great.

Just got home from seeing Arygyllle. It was.....not good.

I don't really mind Bryce Dallas Howard. She's fine as an actress and director. But please god no she is not an action movie star. The fight scenes were ok, but Jesus, at the end, there's two fight sequences in a row that are just a mess of CGI poo poo with Howard and Rockwell in front of green screens.

It also has everything else you hate about movies: A sequel hook, and because gently caress you, it's connected to the Kingsman Cinematic Universe.