Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently the usual suspects are getting mad at the localization because woke and Masayoshi Yokohama had to make a statement saying "no they're not changing the intent they work with us it's our intent" and they're still going "I don't believe what the writer says"

They are also failing to provide any actual examples but lmao they're loud enough to not care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
they're just like the Razzies; they make up poo poo to get mad about

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Social media continues to be a mistake. Look what it's done to Ichiban.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the usual suspects are getting mad at the localization because woke and Masayoshi Yokohama had to make a statement saying "no they're not changing the intent they work with us it's our intent" and they're still going "I don't believe what the writer says"

They are also failing to provide any actual examples but lmao they're loud enough to not care

They try to pull this off every couple years, it's whatever. I think the studio making an official statement is new but it's not actually going to change anything because conspiracy theory brain means you can just rationalize how they were forced to say that.

mycot fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 4, 2024

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I don’t think the plot is amazing but the character work in the last two games is so good that as long as the plot serves up some good twists/emotional moments, then I don’t care. Like my favorite moments in 7/8 are just cool moments between the crew.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

I don’t think the plot is amazing but the character work in the last two games is so good that as long as the plot serves up some good twists/emotional moments, then I don’t care. Like my favorite moments in 7/8 are just cool moments between the crew.

Having a constant party around to bounce around each other rather than Just Kiryu really changes the vibe overall

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Waffleman_ posted:

It’s hilarious that series that has portrayed sex workers, the homeless, and society’s “undesirables” in a fair way is just now being called woke because it dared to say *checks notes*

A woman can be independent

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Credits rolled holy poo poo what a game.

I finished the finale in the most on-brand way possible with Ebina knocking out all 3 of my other characters in one turn and me deciding gently caress it and hitting R2 for one last bout of Dragon Resurgence which turned out to be just enough to finish the fight :hellyeah:

I only have the grind to 70 and the two dungeon trophies left to unlock, which I might just jump into right away since I have the DLC stuff to do whatever that turns out being!

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

The only thing that bugs me a bit in the main party dynamic is Chitose's obvious crush on Ichiban combined with the fact that the game explicitly points out that he is almost as old as her father in his drink link.

Won't be a big deal as long as Ichiban continues to treat her purely platonically, but this is the same developer that brought us "Yagami dating an 18-year-old."

To be fair, Chitose having massive daddy issues is basically spelled out in her drink links, the slight fixation on Ichiban makes sense and he never acts on it.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Doji Sekushi posted:

Should I be doing every single remembrance and part time hero encounter in chapter 8? Because I am.

:hai:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

LupusAter posted:

To be fair, Chitose having massive daddy issues is basically spelled out in her drink links, the slight fixation on Ichiban makes sense and he never acts on it.
i remember him seeming slightly disgusted with the idea when nanba mentions it to him

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
And I kind of think Nanba is just teasing him / trying to get him off his Saeko fixation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I had to look up the cause of this bs and I swear to God some people should seriously consider breathing less.

Mountains out of a microfiber of a molehill

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's apparently the drubbing Nanba and Adachi gave Ichiban after the date

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Playing through the dungeon with the majima construction theme on and the biggest loving grin.

What are the best music tracks? (Other than majima construction of course)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's apparently the drubbing Nanba and Adachi gave Ichiban after the date

Lmao, telling on themselves.

Then again, they are all probably 14

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ichiban fumbled Saeko who was also very obviously in love with him. He is a 45 year old man who has been on exactly one date. I think fears he may seduce chi-chan may be exaggerated

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 4, 2024

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Ichiban, despite being a Top Tier Virgin, is an otherwise exemplary human being and would do nothing untoward to a young lady

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ichiban fumbled Saeko who was also very obviously in love with him. He is a 45 year old man who has been on exactly one date. I think fears he may seduce chi-chan may be exaggerated

You think so? I feel like it was a bit one-sided from the start in 8, because when Ichiban asks her out she just runs off like she's thinking "oh god what is this guy doing" but then decides to give him a chance anyway, whereupon he proceeds to make a decent go of it only to catastrophically gently caress up in the home stretch.

In general though I saw more chemistry in 7 between Saeko and Nanba than between Saeko and Ichiban tbh, to the point where the awkwardness between the latter pair at the beginning of 8 kind of came out of left field for me. There isn't really that much to work with either way mind you. Anyway yeah Saeko was a well-written member of the core group in 7 because she had an organic rapport with the rest of the squad, which I appreciated.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

Ichiban, despite being a Top Tier Virgin, is an otherwise exemplary human being and would do nothing untoward to a young lady

He is not a virgin. He has sex once he gives them 50 bouquets and raises his personality so he can have conversations about said bouquets.

But giving a woman 50 bonsais is not a relationship

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

But giving a woman 50 bonsais is not a relationship

agreed. anyone who thinks it is really needs to grow. and sometimes you need to turn over a new leaf

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I really hope that Kiryuu gets to smash at least once before he dies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

isk posted:

agreed. anyone who thinks it is really needs to grow. and sometimes you need to turn over a new leaf

It's a wild world out there, but these city folk may just see new horizons yet.

Amiibo festival.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ichiban has had sex with women, on purpose, who are enthusiastically consenting.

He also had sex with whatever is inside Aloha Happy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A good poster posted:

Gachapin and Mukku were a thing before Infinite Wealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DzQZgHW_aA

That video is 17 years old.

So you're saying they're a celeb cameo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
What are the honk honks

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Vikar Jerome posted:

What are the honk honks

They're like puff-puffs, but with honks.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Vookatos posted:

Disagreed. The overall conspiracy is fairly weak (at least on chapter 7), but the characters in latest Yakuzas have been the driving force of the story as opposed to madness of 3-5 where you could barely recall who's who.

Agreed. This and 7 are the first RGG games where I can actually recognize all the characters, their relationships to each other and how that affects the plot without constant recaps or that encyclopedia web thing they had to start implementing

I remember kiwami 2 where a random guy assaulted me by the river toward the end game and I had to go to the fan wiki to figure out that it was the dude who got me into the cabaret club then disappeared and that this was supposed to be a huge betrayal in the games plot

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 4, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Get someone who greets you as lovingly as Ichiban does Gachapin and Mukku.

Also Ichiban’s canon love interest in 7 is Zhao

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ichiban strolling around Hawaii waving aloha to everyone he sees is peak Ichiban and the best part of walking around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SettingSun posted:

Ichiban strolling around Hawaii waving aloha to everyone he sees is peak Ichiban and the best part of walking around.

SOMEBODY!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lmao at these scenes with the head Palekana guy speaking English. Kinda takes away from the gravity of the scenes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Lmao at these scenes with the head Palekana guy speaking English. Kinda takes away from the gravity of the scenes.

I get why but the game should have had a "blended" audio track option.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Ytlaya posted:

yeah, this is the only thing about the game that i actually really dislike, that VA is loving terrible

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

This game is so good man

Also I know Kiryu never speaks up during substories but he really should have acknowledged the horror that is Robo-Michio imo

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Ichiban to his party in the middle of a crucial plot event: "I must go, my planet island needs me"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just beat it. Amazing game, improved upon 7 in basically every way. Ichiban FTW!!!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Chapter 12 the original Funk Goes On is the battle music in Kamurocho!!!!!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
(Chapter 11 spoilers) My heart absolutely broke when Kiryu reminisced about New Serena. "I don't think I could ever get used to this loneliness." ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Goddamn fat nerds bought all the 3+ Guardians jackets so now I can't get one