Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1753978337817420271?t=TVC_IKB0DQ0cy-KXed49rQ&s=19

Pissing off other high profile members of your roster... maybe not the best idea.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sting would win, actually

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
This thread has been nonstop gold for like the last week and a half at least.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody still has much to learn

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Kvantum posted:

https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1753978337817420271?t=TVC_IKB0DQ0cy-KXed49rQ&s=19

Pissing off other high profile members of your roster... maybe not the best idea.

Yeah, if this was a boardroom coup from Rocky – and all the indications are that it is – then Logan almost certainly just killed it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Am I crazy for thinkin this is all a work and they're gonna have a 3 way or maybe make Roman work back to back nights

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yes because Roman ain't working twice that weekend.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you think logan can save cody? logan isnt even a real wrestler he's an influencer the rock would break him in half

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Logan is tweeting it's just a work.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kvantum posted:

pissing off logan paul is definitely a cool idea

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The last time Rock tried to wrestle a match he tore like every muscle in his body and now he's a decade older, ain't now way he's working two nights in a row.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

apophenium posted:

Am I crazy for thinkin this is all a work and they're gonna have a 3 way or maybe make Roman work back to back nights

I don't think it's a work, but I do think this can happen. They absolutely told C*dy about The Plans after Monday Night RAW, and those plans were decided Sunday afternoon, having changed drastically from they had going on Saturday. So maybe they'll change again, or maybe The Rock will take over the book and get the belt.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kvantum posted:

He's independently wealthy and they need him far more than he needs them.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

You won't be laughing after The Rock explodes every muscle in his body trying to do a Manhattan Drop and Snoop Dogg steps in to get his WrestleMania Moment™.

Hell of a diversion tactic, it worked but not in the way they wanted. Hopefully WWE won't just fail upwards again but, well, history shows it's likely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Logan Paul doesn't give a gently caress about Cody, he's a con man who sees an opportunity to get himself more over with potential targets for his next crypto scam.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Logan Paul doesn't give a gently caress about Cody, he's a con man who sees an opportunity to get himself more over with potential targets for his next crypto scam.

Logan Paul welcome to the resistance. and not resistance regarding the federal investigation for sex trafficking, just to bad booking

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mr. Levesque is helping me finish my story

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Best thing about all of this is that Cody came out and did it to himself, everybody saw it. This isn't something that was forced upon him, so this is a case where it is basically impossible to unfuck the dog.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

If this all just ends up being an attempt to consciously engineer another Daniel Bryan Mania 30 main event, it would be quite well done.

But that would require the WWE creative team to know what they're doing and not step on their own dicks.

What's the simpler answer here: WWE is making a massive mistake, or they're being smart in how they book this?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

apophenium posted:

I don't think it's a work at all.

So let's just pretend for a moment that they see the negative reaction and try to fix it. How could they course correct? I'm trying to think of any way that would make sense, and I think the only thing I can come up with is a Rock heel turn and that's not going to happen. Or I suppose they could make it a triple threat, but that would require some excuse for Cody to change his mind.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

In what scenario could one unfuck a dog

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

So let's just pretend for a moment that they see the negative reaction and try to fix it. How could they course correct? I'm trying to think of any way that would make sense, and I think the only thing I can come up with is a Rock heel turn and that's not going to happen. Or I suppose they could make it a triple threat, but that would require some excuse for Cody to change his mind.

Fatal fourway, 1st fall Roman title 2nd fall Seth. Roman takes both

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Don't change anything. Not one of these fuckers deserves it.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

I mean they could course correct the same way they hosed the course up in the first place. By just doing it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kvantum posted:

Ok new idea: Cody wrestles Roman on Saturday, then the rock wrestles whoever wins that.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kvantum posted:

If this all just ends up being an attempt to consciously engineer another Daniel Bryan Mania 30 main event, it would be quite well done.
the problem, of course, as it has always been, is what happens after the wrestlemania moment

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sir Tonk posted:

Ok new idea: Cody wrestles Roman on Saturday, then the rock wrestles whoever wins that.

why are yall trying to fix this it is already good

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Philly is gonna eat all the food off the table to the point it wont matter who the head is lmao

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

Don't change anything. Not one of these fuckers deserves it.

I'd in fact say everyone involved is getting exactly what they deserve.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

They could say Cody was pressured by THE BOARD to do this for a certain member of it, threatening his livelihood or something. They could probably choose the dumbest route possible to get to a 3 way and some people will still yell C I N E M A if Cody in fact did end up getting there & winning.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kvantum posted:

Logan Paul is doing something for "clout" he doesn't actually care.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Logan Paul is still gotten to the crowd didn't accept him as a hero when he first showed up.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MassRafTer posted:

Logan Paul is doing something for "clout" he doesn't actually care.

He has Prime, and the Rock has Zoa. There's a potential point of competition there between them.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

edogawa rando posted:

The movie-going public is demonstrably sick of his poo poo, for sure. He hasn’t had a legitimately successful solo film that isn’t a part of a franchise or an existing IP that didn’t need to rely on China in yonks.
I think back to the club scene in The Rundown that was effectively Arnold passing the torch to Dwayne as the next giant action star and looking back on it Dwayne's oeuvre doesn't touch Arnold's. Is there one really good film he starred in?

My favourite role in his film career was his cameo in The Other Guys, though not really because of anything he does but the hilarious gag that is his character's death.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Just to be clear, they're not gonna do this. It wasn't a work, they're not gonna pivot. But as a thought exercise, let's say they WANTED to fix it. Here are the elements of the story.

1) Cody won the Royal Rumble, he has a shot at a title of his choice. He has not officially declared who he's challenging yet.
2) He told Roman he's not challenging him so that the Rock could do it instead.
3) Cody explicitly did this on the counsel of the Rock, so we know they're in cooperation with each other.
4) Cody's stated explanation for this is that he wants to "take everything" from Roman. He doesn't just want to win his title, he wants to completely take Roman's spot.
5) Last time, Cody won because Roman cheated behind the ref's back.

Cody still has his shot, he hasn't declared yet, so he can just change his mind and decide uh actually I wanna fight Roman after all. But there has to be a reason for him to have given it up in the first place. The idea that The Rock maliciously manipulated him and Cody needs to realize he had the wool pulled over his eyes is one path, but that's not gonna happen, Rock is a babyface. So the story needs to be that Cody and Rock were working together to trick Roman, to get something more out of this situation than what they already had. Since Cody already had the match, that's pretty tough. You have to add something so there was a reason that Cody gave up the shot in the first place.

This could be a three way eliminate match and then Cody and Rock just beat the gently caress out of Roman and eliminate him instantly, but that's pretty unbecoming of two babyfaces, so that won't work. It could be a standard triple threat, but that just opens the door for Roman to make his cheating more blatant (see Roman vs. Bryan vs. Edge).

The ONE THING they could do to save this is that they do one of their dopey contract signing segments, Rock taunts Roman into signing the contract without reading it, Roman says "I'm gonna beat you at Mania, blah blah blah I'm head of the gently caress-a-doodle doo." and Rock is like "Oh, you're not fighting me." and he reveals the match is still against Cody and Rock is the special enforcer, and Rock spends the match thwarting Roman's cheating and getting rid of the Bloodline when they try to interfere and maybe near the end, Roman gets in Rock's face and slaps him, then Rock gives him a Rock Bottom, then Cody hits the Cross Rhodes, boom, wins the title. Now you can do Rock vs. Roman not for the title and Cody can go off and have his reign.

They will not do any of this, because it involves Roman putting Cody over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Rock heel turn could actually be kinda good but we all know he's there for brand rehabilitation and it won't happen yeah.

Triple threat seems like the best course of action now. It's dumb and sloppy but I bet the majority of people probably wouldn't care if it meant Cody was gonna win the title finally.