Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Witch From Mercury made the mistake of teasing a way more interesting show with the episode set on Earth. hey, who are these refugees with mechs? where are they going? never to be seen again? ok.

That show was already made and it's Iron Blooded Orphans Planetes.

AFancyQuestionMark has issued a correction as of 09:06 on Feb 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hathaway is about how terrorism is right.

It's about being mad at your parents

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Hathaway repented for being a lil poo poo by becoming Gundam Osama Bin Laden respect.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

been rewatchin one piece via One Pace with ppl who watched the netflix show and all i gotta say again is:

gently caress Garp stupid old man. The marineford arc gets me so heated at him fr.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

i just finished reading dungeon meshi and holy poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

She drew some incredible portraits for Pathfinder 1 and the original Baldur's Gates.

Can't wait to see her take on Karlach.

e:

https://twitter.com/woundjob/status/1753367541131456644?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 12:14 on Feb 2, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I used those portraits for my last playthrough. I didn't know about the pathfinder art that's swell

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Doc Hawkins posted:

i just finished reading dungeon meshi and holy poo poo

The old manuscript style bits in the final chapter are fuckin incredible

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

from those memes i thought it had gone on hiatus, not that it had a long, thematically flawless climax followed by a long, thematically flawless denouement! thank you baldurs gate 3, i guess!

Kitfox88 posted:

The old manuscript style bits in the final chapter are fuckin incredible

i cackled like a moron at those.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I can't wait till she starts posting BG3 things, it delights me enough that she's into the original series

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The anime is fun as hell too, just watched episode four and Senshi explaining the non-edible treasure bugs was even better than it was in the manga.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
watch apothecary diaries or you're sinophobic

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
actually since it's not taking place in China but a place that seems like it and reflects orientalists perceptions of it, if you watch it you're the real sinophobe.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
fantastical court drama based on a nonspecific ming-esque dynasty is a mainstay of chinese media..........this is a cultural export. you are the sinophobe for refusing to recognize it as such

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Ah yes, the chinese country of... Japan?

It's as chinese as Ridley Scott's Napoleon is french

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this post was fact checked True ✅ by Orc patriots from the Lower Level Communist Organization

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its a piece of japanese media set in a stock chinese fictional setting. this is a normal and healthy aspect of art

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tokin opposition posted:

I feel like "is it bad to send children to war in giant robots" is a question that doesn't need ten trillion anime series to answer

you'd think that, but apparently it actually does

also those baldur's gate portraits own

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Ohtori Akio posted:

its a piece of japanese media set in a stock chinese fictional setting. this is a normal and healthy aspect of art

I 100% agree I just needed to be annoying and argumentative on the internet for a bit today

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

January 6 Survivor posted:

I 100% agree I just needed to be annoying and argumentative on the internet for a bit today

retard

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lol, but also im intrigued

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bravern

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

amine swag

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

denjin n reminded me of inuyashiki in that both have a similar interesting premise and both suck rear end

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ohtori Akio posted:

watch apothecary diaries or you're sinophobic

it’s real good

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Maya Fey posted:

denjin n reminded me of inuyashiki in that both have a similar interesting premise and both suck rear end

I liked Inuyashiki. Had a lot of moments that got my eyes welling up over this sweet old man who just wanted to do good things and is now had a super powered cyborg body that let him. It was a great contrast against the villain who was just an absolutely lovely teen

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Inuyashiki is just "kids these days :argh:" the anime

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

my power level keeps increasing. That's Real Anime.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/PixelFerret_/status/1750627227463516588?t=0LeGamrVdCIrqHRVIRt1gA&s=19

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Witch From Mercury made the mistake of teasing a way more interesting show with the episode set on Earth. hey, who are these refugees with mechs? where are they going? never to be seen again? ok.
what a wet fart of a second half imho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TenementFunster posted:

what a wet fart of a second half imho

it had some high highs but really low lows. the worst thing about it is how it constantly teases bigger things but never actually goes there. There’s no way this is the story Ōkouchi actually wanted to tell. The series didn’t get nearly as much support as it should have and they shut it down when it was getting the most interesting.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She drew some incredible portraits for Pathfinder 1 and the original Baldur's Gates.

e:

https://twitter.com/woundjob/status/1753367541131456644?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

I like how Minsc doesn't change from 1 to 2 at all

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Apothecary Diaries scratches that Judge Dee itch I've had ever since I read that book

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Heads up: Satoshi Kon's Paprika will have a very limited run in theaters next week in 4K. I'm talkin' one or two nights (one dub, one sub) depending on the theater.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

e:

Oh wow I'd have kept neera on my party if that were her avatar

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1754108509367734414?s=20

It's a shame they'll never get to live in Japan, the ideal state of the world, and have to live instead in the world Japan made for them.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I read a few chapters of Jinmen.

It is a lot more horror and less comedy than Buck Wildman's description led me to believe.

Like A LOT more horror.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Still watching Hikari no Ou. They're down to about 50% of an episode being animated in any way, but it's fun enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I. M. Gei posted:

I read a few chapters of Jinmen.

It is a lot more horror and less comedy than Buck Wildman's description led me to believe.

Like A LOT more horror.

lol