Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Endless Mike posted:

THORN, October 7-13, 1983

Granny really feels like she stepped out of the pages of Bloom County.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

Did not see that coming.

Out here hooting and hollering about Bones Malock.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Green Intern posted:

Out here hooting and hollering about Bones Malock.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Greg and Karen just thought you'd all want to start your day by watching Luann poop is all

Gil Thorp

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Ed, when is the last time you flew? Because back when you were a toddler, were there actual meals on planes?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Ed, when is the last time you flew? Because back when you were a toddler, were there actual meals on planes?

There were in the 90s/early '00s depending on the flight length, which is the last time I flew.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Doomykins posted:

Other long running strips reintroduce a recurring character for an arc and the audience audibly groans. Flash does it about two months into a solid gold run and it's actually great. :allears:

It definitely says something about the quality of the storytelling that my reaction to Bones's appearance was :krad:.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

She says it’s fiction, but I think it must be “informed by reality” fiction – a good friend who helps me with translations sometimes (a single mother who, when her kid was small, was living at her family home) looked at this one and said basically “yep, it’s like that sometimes”.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Well, I got a day off, so here's Our Boarding House (February 26-28, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys, Revisited (February 27, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (May 11-13, 1922)

Dok's Dippy Adjucation (January 31, 1915)

Little Lefty (October 12-13, 1939)

No strip for the 14th, but Marmaduke's still pulling double duty on the sports page.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vargo posted:

Alley Oop

Listen I don't even know what happened here, when I started posting it looked like they were in the middle of a fun wacky magic world adventure and then that stopped and we got... this.
I don't mind this book story. I'm sure they'll move on to something else and have wacky adventures soon.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Do they not do them on long flights still?

Come to think of it I don't remember if I had a meal on my last cross-country flight or when I went across the Atlantic.

F Minus

Plenty of people do that for free.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

You know what would be a good story? The story of this Phantom taking over from his father.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Look, I get not wanting to get involved in people's personal lives, but I think now is the time to just tell him she's drunk and throwing things at people.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Jesus Christ, Mark, this is pretty basic information. For someone who writes for a nature/teen girl mag, he really kinda knows gently caress all, doesn't he?

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Jesus Christ, Keith, I was hoping we'd be done with this but I guess not.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

You know what would be a good story? The story of this Phantom taking over from his father.

Have we ever seen that? That could be interesting. Much more interesting than writing out old storylines from the '50s and going "wasn't that a thing that doesn't hold up in the modern day?" while gurning at the 4th wall.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

"Oh no! The animal I like is invasive! How can I enjoy watching them fistfight in the bushes now???"

On behalf of millions of cat owners, I would like to tell you, Mark Trail, to shove it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

fwiw i have found this week of rene being annoyed at everyone being nice to him extremely amusing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Murdstone posted:

I don't mind this book story. I'm sure they'll move on to something else and have wacky adventures soon.

Do they not do them on long flights still?

Come to think of it I don't remember if I had a meal on my last cross-country flight or when I went across the Atlantic.
US domestic flights generally do not have meals, though they'll usually offer some small snacks and drinks and you can buy larger snacks and alcohol. (Provided it's not some really short flight.)

Every trans-Pacific and trans-Atlantic flight I've been on has had multiple meals and usually a snack. Japan Airline's was pretty good! KLM's was okay. Neither American Airlines nor Delta were anything to speak of. Looking forward to Air France's in April.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Rabbit Ethnostate Continues To Have Problems In Both Concept And Execution

Excited Like An Anime Schoolgirl From 1997

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 4/14-16/52

Archie 6/16-18/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 1/6-8/77

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Comic Strips 2024: Suffering Turns Me On.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 1/6-8/77

That useless married CPA rubbing his hands together

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Comic Strips 2024: Suffering Turns Me On.

+1

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(August 6, 1910)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1OOF4i2Noc

Baron Bean(February 5, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals(January 4, 1912)

Gasoline Alley(September 24, 1919)

Us Boys(December 14, 1911)

The Gumps(March 3, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 29, 1913)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Okay, the stepford smiling Phantom is starting to get to me now

what is 'take your Joy' in the Bandar language

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Haifisch posted:

1981 comics

Computoon: Origins

Whoa, synchronicity.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

fwiw i have found this week of rene being annoyed at everyone being nice to him extremely amusing

Yeah same. I love how his uncle completely ignores everything he says.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 22-26, 2005)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 03, 2002)

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

"... no, look, just for once, ignore the sad piano refrain, and talk to me. Please."

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

"So, ah.... is your other head still at Bruce Banner size or what?"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

"I'm not liking you now, either."

Cowslips Warren posted:

Thank you again for posting Blueberry, Samovar! Corto is good too but Blueberry is awesome.

For all that I like Corto (and I really do!), Blueberry is the better drawn and certainly the more... two-handed pulp-adventure of the two.

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

I'd probably keep an eye on the guy in black

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

catlord posted:

Have we ever seen that? That could be interesting. Much more interesting than writing out old storylines from the '50s and going "wasn't that a thing that doesn't hold up in the modern day?" while gurning at the 4th wall.

We have seen that. Both in comic strips and a "remake" in the scandinavian Phantom magazine. It's basically a revenge story.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

This is the first time Jon has seen, in any form, Liz's unadorned tits. He's actually sweating cum here. He tries to repress his sexual glee but such is his rapture that cum shoots out of his pores.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

she knows he'll gently caress snowliz

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

He'll give that neckless a necklace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (February 6, 1977)

Featuring Charlie Brown's previously undocumented superpower of mental telepathy.

Crankshaft

Yeah, this belongs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKLSGogvuTA

Thimble Theater (September 8, 1940)

Popeye