Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

No poo poo, this is hilarious.

e: weird snipe without context, but I'm leaving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MblUp55TNww

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You're welcome, thread.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

This is like what happened to Curst in Planescape: Torment

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Antigravitas posted:

This is like what happened to Curst in Planescape: Torment

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
masayoshi_takanaka_surfboard_guitar.jpg

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

That's a hell of a set of veneers

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I missed this whole discussion because I had to put in an extra day at work

Phlegmish posted:

That said, I absolutely agree that it's fine to be into music that went out of style decades ago, no matter how old or young you are.

:hai:
My daughter, who is 11, got into Queen when she was little because of the scene in Shaun of the Dead where they’re fighting the owner of the Winchester to “Don’t Stop Me Now”, and we played more for her. We also played a lot of older stuff for her when she was just a baby/toddler, Bowie, Prince, Tears For Fears, and to bring it back to this discussion, the bands from Yacht Rock. She loves Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain”.

Last week, when we were grocery shopping, “Sledgehammer” started playing. She asked us, “is that the same guy who did the Biko song?” I was floored, because we’ve only played that song like once for her, it wasn’t even recently. I myself have only heard it once on the radio, when my favorite station was dying in ‘99. She later told us she has to do a biography for Black History Month and said she wanted to pick Stephen Biko. We appreciated the sentiment, but I’m not sure her teachers would just yet…

Anyway:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

root beer posted:

Last week, when we were grocery shopping, “Sledgehammer” started playing. She asked us, “is that the same guy who did the Biko song?” I was floored, because we’ve only played that song like once for her, it wasn’t even recently. I myself have only heard it once on the radio, when my favorite station was dying in ‘99. She later told us she has to do a biography for Black History Month and said she wanted to pick Stephen Biko. We appreciated the sentiment, but I’m not sure her teachers would just yet…

She sounds like good people

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

In spite of her garbage-rear end dad, yeah. I’m pretty sure she’s taking more after her mom, or I hope she is anyway

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oJEBGHCdBQ

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That entire concert is incredible. Not a single bad song or bad performance, covering the whole range of Devin Townsend's work. Two and a half hours.

And the last song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-DcobK7Ms

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

root beer posted:

My daughter, who is 11, got into Queen when she was little because of the scene in Shaun of the Dead where they’re fighting the owner of the Winchester to “Don’t Stop Me Now”, and we played more for her. We also played a lot of older stuff for her when she was just a baby/toddler, Bowie, Prince, Tears For Fears, and to bring it back to this discussion, the bands from Yacht Rock. She loves Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain”.

Anyway:

I have it on good authority that this is a good post.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Main problem: you didn't mention Fear of a Black Planet.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

root beer posted:

Anyway:

That’s amazing, though a closer scrutiny of Sledgehammer lyrics might bring up some questions sooner rather than later

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Lol they moved the thread to NMD

Fine then.

I was reading about the posts about classic rock/oldies and gently caress me, man. My place of employment plays music and god drat it's the same loving playlist every day. Almost enough to drive me insane. I love Led Zep, the Stones, Pink Floyd, Hendrix and all that but I got tired of the "hits" a LONG time ago and that's all they loving play. They use a DirectTV channel and it never, ever changes.

Have a funny band picture I guess

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BiggerBoat posted:

Have a funny band picture I guess

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

it was great learning about this the first time

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly9q31JprPM

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Large Testicles posted:

it was great learning about this the first time

What's the story?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QX57aIDbDU

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

What's the story?

Morning Glory

Kheldarn has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Feb 6, 2024

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

What's the story?

Before they were a bunch of badass redneck good ol' boys Pantera were glam as gently caress.

They've always fuckin sucked though, and that's without even getting into any of the racist dipshittery.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Lol they moved the thread to NMD

Haha good call don't make a new one lmao

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's y'all's idea about darkwave then? Like Lorn - Acid Rain, p bithin tune if you ask me

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Before they were a bunch of badass redneck good ol' boys Pantera were glam as gently caress.

They've always fuckin sucked though, and that's without even getting into any of the racist dipshittery.

Hair Metal Vinnie Paul is always the funniest, even funnier than Diamond Darrell.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Racist metal will always be racist metal. Dimebag can rot in hell.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Meanwhile, YOSPOS music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gha9xrM10w

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Louis Cole is a gift from gods

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Their eyes were busy watching God...

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

root beer posted:

She later told us she has to do a biography for Black History Month and said she wanted to pick Stephen Biko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf9Hh6pu78I

Mokotow posted:

Louis Cole is a gift from gods

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Karate Bastard posted:

What's y'all's idea about darkwave then? Like Lorn - Acid Rain, p bithin tune if you ask me

Not gonna lie, Karate Bastard, darkwave is good and I loving love Lorn. TIMESINK gives me chills. I wish he'd put out a new album already.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

what a coincidence, i listen to music too!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3LamprnLo

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jabberlock posted:

But do you like music? Enough to have the proper wardrobe?

root beer posted:

Listen here you little poo poo

Except more like 1995

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jabberlock posted:

Really? Name a band then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

that isn't steely dan