Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

hail to the king baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Oh hell yeah

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They're going to let him do Chinese accent, but only when he's doing it as trump

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
He’s going to gently caress Bowen yang live on tv

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

slave to my cravings posted:

This is a safe space

Friends

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Instead of the digital short or whatever they do now, just play the Compliance sketch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TelevisedInsanity posted:

"The most annoying people online"™ just don't care, this is a "victory" against "woke PC culture" and they'll try and get Elon Musk again if they could.

It's the mental gymnastics that is why they will boycott SNL for having trans rights on weekend update, yet say they watch it because Nikki Haley showed up.

the comedy understanders have logged on

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Can’t wait for Seth simons to weigh in

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Cael posted:

Instead of the digital short or whatever they do now, just play the Compliance sketch

Bob Isis Toyota was probably written as an SNL commercial

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh

slave to my cravings posted:

Can’t wait for Seth simons to weigh in

When he's done writing about Star Citizen from his parents vacation home sure

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

i say swears online posted:

the comedy understanders have logged on

He's right, I feel emboldened right now.

N

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

oooo dude gently caress no

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
N-boldened

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

What’s the real N-dependence day, Juneteenth?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Cael posted:

Oh noooo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i say swears online posted:

"The most annoying people online"™

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dokapon Findom posted:

Bob Isis Toyota was probably written as an SNL commercial

nah it comes from the same place as Uncle Daycare

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Cael posted:

Edit, Rescinded, that was not a nice thing for me to write

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ep 220 majour333 says the judy gold word

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Imagine an ironicat the size of the moon.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
he didnt even ask anything that bad

sure okay posted:

W I Z A R D M A S T E R T R O L L I N G D E A D S N L T H R E A D S
I
Z
A
R
D
M
A
S
T
E
R
T
R
O
L
L
I
N
G
D
E
A
D
S
N
L
T
H
R
E
A
D
S

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

ep 220 majour333 says the judy gold word

Jewish with a hard J?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

moist turtleneck posted:

he didnt even ask anything that bad

wm can make the most benign post that wouldn't even get noticed on your local news site and people will absolutely lose their minds in response

it's trolling without trolling. i'm in awe tbqh

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Cael posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Day

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Televised Insanity? Mmmm do you mean our regular scheduled programming? :trumpsmug:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

if i wanted to see televised insanity I'd just turn on freakin CSPAN.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Trillhouse posted:

Hell yeah get their asses

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
SILENCE

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Trillhouse posted:

yeah im in kind of a weird mood myself

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I’ve often argued that the current social and political bent of the comedy industry is largely the result of podcasting, which has allowed comedians to build large, loyal audiences in walled gardens. Lately I think there may be another important part of the story, one we’re only starting to see the full effects of. This isn’t my own theory—Humorism reader Jim H put it to me thusly in an email back in July:

quote:

During that in-between time when comedy clubs needed to be open in order to survive, but a lot of people still (understandably) feared COVID, I think the people who came out to the clubs leaned conspiratorial and right wing. As a result I think comedy performed a sort of Darwinian shift to suit them.
I think this is a hugely important observation. A few years ago everything shut down. Then it reopened, slowly, even though it wasn’t really safe to reopen. The people who returned were mostly people who didn’t particularly care that it wasn’t safe to reopen.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
Kanye might be on the show?
https://www.youtube.com/@TheAdamFriedlandShow/community

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wow crazy!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"big things happening" probably just means Nick spent another 10 grand at b&h electronics and escaped his depression spiral for a few hours

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

I’ve often argued that the current social and political bent of the comedy industry is largely the result of podcasting, which has allowed comedians to build large, loyal audiences in walled gardens. Lately I think there may be another important part of the story, one we’re only starting to see the full effects of. This isn’t my own theory—Humorism reader Jim H put it to me thusly in an email back in July:

I think this is a hugely important observation. A few years ago everything shut down. Then it reopened, slowly, even though it wasn’t really safe to reopen. The people who returned were mostly people who didn’t particularly care that it wasn’t safe to reopen.

i think that's true but it ignores a much more important truth: comedians are some of the dumbest people in the world

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

theflyingexecutive posted:

"big things happening" probably just means Nick spent another 10 grand at b&h electronics and escaped his depression spiral for a few hours

Worth.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
nick finally got his antlers

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe Shane gillis is nicks stage name and he's the one that will be at SNL and he's busy practicing and doing rehearsals

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Nick is hosting mad TV this week, ya dingus

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
nick is finally going to announce which posters in this thread are his best friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol, best friends? Please, we're getting married.