Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Heath posted:

Being handy and knowing what tools to use is a valuable skill. Cleanse yourself of these notions, educate yourself, and prosper.

"Don't let the chief catch you using that thing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Channel locks are the tool that’ll get one in trouble with the chief, not so much an adjustable.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I hope it has metric conversion on the other side for all use cases

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dunno, never measured anything with an adjustable.
Bahco makes some great ones though. Next to no slop in the jaws. Feels precision machined.

The 10 inch model is weighted nicely for other, off-label, applications.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Back to tortoise talk: I just remembered that my cousin, when she was 13, wanted a tortoise. She begged, she said she'd take care of it, blah blah blah. Kids.

Except she was serious and 23 years later the tortoise lives in a big custom enclosure in her home and she loves him

I used to have a red eared slider, turtles and torts are great animals and I really want to get another when I have the space for a bigass tank or enclosure

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Playing Remnant 2 totally blind and solo on veteran and apparently I’ve made some pretty bad choices like shooting the corrupted Ravager in the face rather than negotiating with him..

Finally made it to the labyrinth and the stupid puzzle boss they throw at you is so bad. Feels like the bed of chaos all over again only worse and less forgiving somehow. Game still feels buggy as all get-out but the visuals and especially the music are just phenomenal.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
video games

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I admit it. I am a cow.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the hell is this lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Saw it in the fresh releases thread where the developers are openly right wing idiots and promote themselves as anti woke which lol

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Channel locks are the tool that’ll get one in trouble with the chief, not so much an adjustable.

wait what's wrong with channel locks

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Pigbuster posted:

wait what's wrong with channel locks

Folks use them on bolt heads and nuts and gently caress them up. There are things that regularly get taken apart for cleaning or maintenance and if the bolt heads and nuts get hosed up that makes it a giant pain in the rear end.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Saw it in the fresh releases thread where the developers are openly right wing idiots and promote themselves as anti woke which lol

Developers of what

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Heath posted:

Developers of what

Based Khantent.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dongicus posted:

Based Khantent.

DSP is making games now?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDhPdsgTLZQ

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leal posted:

DSP is making games now?

may we eventually be so lucky

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Dongicus posted:

Based Khantent.

:hai:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Cranappleberry posted:

I admit it. I am a cow.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frank Frank posted:

Playing Remnant 2 totally blind and solo on veteran and apparently I’ve made some pretty bad choices like shooting the corrupted Ravager in the face rather than negotiating with him..

Finally made it to the labyrinth and the stupid puzzle boss they throw at you is so bad. Feels like the bed of chaos all over again only worse and less forgiving somehow. Game still feels buggy as all get-out but the visuals and especially the music are just phenomenal.

Hating the cube is a skill issue

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Folks use them on bolt heads and nuts and gently caress them up. There are things that regularly get taken apart for cleaning or maintenance and if the bolt heads and nuts get hosed up that makes it a giant pain in the rear end.

Yep, better off skipping straight to the grinder / cutting torch and save a few steps, if you're just going to mangle things up.

Or, as mentioned originally, just use the correctly sized tool for the job.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Frank Frank posted:

the cube throws people for a loop but it's nothing like the bed of chaos, once you solve the puzzle it's solved forever and you don't need to worry about hitboxes shaped like new jersey

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

More people need to play Demon's Souls so they can experience the joys of Dragon God, a stealth boss who will one-hit-kill you if he sees you.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Psycho Landlord posted:

the cube throws people for a loop but it's nothing like the bed of chaos, once you solve the puzzle it's solved forever and you don't need to worry about hitboxes shaped like new jersey

I’m working on it. I found a couple safe-ish spots to stand and managed to get it down to one glowing weak spot-thing left to kill, couldn’t find it and got knocked into a pit. Was mad enough to turn the game off but I’ll give it another shot later

E: done. I didn’t realize you could shoot the black heatseeking projectiles it shoots at you which makes the fight a lot easier

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 4, 2024

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

randomly remembered the goon in the 3ds thread who hosed up during screwdriver practice

Practice makes perfect brother. HH

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Muscle Tracer posted:

More people need to play Demon's Souls so they can experience the joys of Dragon God, a stealth boss who will one-hit-kill you if he sees you.

Props to my ripped boxer dragon god

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

similarly: love it when you get killed by eldritch beings in bloodboren you don’t have insight to see yet. lol, remembering that thing in the cathedral ward

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I could go for a screwdriver rn

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tommy pickles rear end

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NoiseAnnoys posted:

similarly: love it when you get killed by eldritch beings in bloodboren you don’t have insight to see yet. lol, remembering that thing in the cathedral ward

The best is when you look up at just the right angle and you can just kinda sorta see them in the distortion and it's like wtf

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Practice makes perfect brother. HH

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Heath posted:

The best is when you look up at just the right angle and you can just kinda sorta see them in the distortion and it's like wtf

yeah it rules, lol

haven’t played Elden ring yet but bloodborne is probably my favorite souls-like

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

That DICK! posted:

Tommy pickles rear end

This ain’t google

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah it rules, lol

Play Lies of P. It kicks rear end and the gameplay is spot on to Bloodborne except instead of trick weapons you get a wacky mix-'n'-match where you can combine blades and handles freely so you can have a dagger moveset with a hammer head's strength scaling if you wanna get weird with it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah it rules, lol

Elden Ring is good, as an execution of what DS2 wanted to be using DS3's engine. Bloodborne's aesthetics, monster design, and the transforming weapons and pistol parry mechanics all still put it above ER for me.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
As much as I like ER I'm not super in love with the open world design. They went beyond all expectations with it but at the end of the day I think I just prefer the more curated gameplay track of Bloodborne

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao I just found off-brand Yarnham. This is amazing. Machine gunning hunters with whirligig saws is so cathartic.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

My life is like a video game, trying hard to beat the stage
All while I am still collecting coins
Trying hard to save the girl, obstacles, I'm jumping hurdles
I'm growing up to be a big boy
I battle with the evil ways, I travel far and try and save
Sorry, but your princess isn't here
I take a rest, I push the pause, level up and move along
In hopes that the next stage I will clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU