Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i've beaten persona 3 in its various forms like 4 times and i've never done the moon SL

tempted just to see why everyone hates it so much, i know nothing about it other than it's the fat guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Does P3R have the equivalent of SP Adhesives from 5? In other words, something that restores whatever resource gets limited to prevent grinding, probably SP? I like having the option to overpower my dudes even though it might not be necessary.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Janissary Hop posted:

i have literally not opened the phone once to look at texts. there does not appear to be any reason to. i have learned well from p5r.

The main reason to is it lets you teleport directly to your available SL peeps or even stores having limited time sales or whatever. It's a QOL change, honestly.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
i forgot all about moon so i looked ont he wiki to remember and found out that maxing him lets you fuse sandalphon so i may have to do that link...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After three whole persona games I still understand gently caress all about optimising fusing, getting unique monsters or the actual systems benefit of system links. I just like making friends with cool weirdos :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Sleng Teng posted:

P3R is turning out to be a brand new experience for me between all the new stuff / changes and me forgetting a lot from the original game, and it kicks rear end. Really just feeling better than the later entries already

this. id been purposefully putting off replaying it until they remade it so its been years now andn has made it even better

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is there a mod on PC for the music yet?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
the new music kicks rear end

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stux posted:

I can't stop listening to It's Going Down Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTX8tK9Bqks

It's so loving good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

Mass Destruction sucks but all the other songs are Fine or Good even.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mass Destruction sucks but all the other songs are Fine or Good even.

the dorm one isn't very good either but i mostly agree that they sound fine in game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
if i had to pick one id pick the original but i dont hate the new mass destruction, however

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't stop listening to It's Going Down Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTX8tK9Bqks

It's so loving good

making this the track you hear in 90% of battles was def the right choice lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Naichism/status/1753446855764041845

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
also the new version of the exam music is incredible, and i like the new version of the map/roaming music, the arrangement and mix is w ay better and i think the new vocalist fits the track better

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

her vocal delivery is better but the old mix is crushed to hell and missing half of the bass tone

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I replayed P3P in July, forgot how slow the first few days of P3R are, and now I have a lot of regrets.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Regrets playing the definitive remake of one of the best games ever made....?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
youd think a p5 enjoyer would understand "take your time", no?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I noticed when replaying P4G how slow it starts, too. But this is just my feeling on most every JRPG ever. It's all really cool that first time through when you are first encountering this world, these characters, and the gameplay. But on replays, it's all kinda tedious. The most rudimentary and basic establishing of characters, world, and gameplay.

But hey, I always get over that little hump and get into the swing of things eventually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the new songs are a pretty good youtube fandub with 9k views but they put them in a game for some reason

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

New master of shadows ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Endorph posted:

the new songs are a pretty good youtube fandub with 9k views but they put them in a game for some reason

wtf are u talking about lol

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I'm still holding out some hope for girl DLC. The music and S Links are far and away my favorite in the series, it turns the Moon from the absolute worst link to my all-time favorite, and Theo is a delight.

So far P3R is a good time. It feels a lot faster-paced than the original so I feel more "checked-in" during Tartarus runs, as opposed to before where I'd clear it with something else on in the background.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I think the DLC info was datamined or something (confirming that The Answer will be added), so any hope for this can be put to rest (I mean, it never really had much of a chance of happening)

cock hero flux posted:

the dorm one isn't very good either but i mostly agree that they sound fine in game

When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars is the only one that bugs me more than a little, due to a combination of how frequently it plays and how much I liked the original. It's like if the original was an inflated balloon, the remix is a sad deflated balloon, spiraling towards the ground. The new singer seems to have a voice that is specifically meant for more "jazzy" tracks (like the great new night theme), and just doesn't work well at all for the pop ones.

While I also have a strong preference for the original dorm music, I recognize that's more of a subjective thing, since the remix for that is fundamentally different to the extent that it almost doesn't make sense to think of it as a remix. Bad trumpets in the remix aside, that's almost entirely a nostalgia-based preference.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 4, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
i rly like the new version fo that one. the new part where it drops everything back and is just her voice w cymbals and the keys is sick, the harmony in teh chorus isnt mushed up in the modulation effect, the drums and bass sound god like vs the cardboard box kick int he old one... the little guitar layer on the second half of the verse... its good as hell lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
forgot the second verse has a sick variation on it as well,, its so good !!!!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Has anyone else had problems with the cosmetic outfits just not working? I've pulled three so far and two of them (male chef outfit, yukari winter outfit) just don't display.

Books On Tape posted:

Does P3R have the equivalent of SP Adhesives from 5? In other words, something that restores whatever resource gets limited to prevent grinding, probably SP? I like having the option to overpower my dudes even though it might not be necessary.

I'm sure there's some combination that'll give you persona-based SP regen early if you just know This One Weird Trick(c), but at least in my very limited playtime through the June boss it's pretty much like P3 only you can control characters. There's no P4G early Victory Cry shenanigans or P5 adhesives. You can spend eight twilight fragments to full restore at the clock, and clocks sometimes appear in Tartarus maps, but the number of fragments is pretty anemic and you want to save them for chests. It feels a lot like the earlier games with careful SP use than the newer ones where anything goes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The clocks needing fragments instead of yen makes it less 'just go ham in Tartarus'. Like obviously you get a decent stash but having a stockpile for chests is never a bad idea.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

I noticed when replaying P4G how slow it starts, too. But this is just my feeling on most every JRPG ever. It's all really cool that first time through when you are first encountering this world, these characters, and the gameplay. But on replays, it's all kinda tedious. The most rudimentary and basic establishing of characters, world, and gameplay.

But hey, I always get over that little hump and get into the swing of things eventually.

:same:

I just feel like I needed a longer break b/t playthroughs since I'm like woo boy I should start grinding courage all over again now and looking up SL guides.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Meowywitch posted:

Is there a mod on PC for the music yet?

Game Banana the main site for Persona modding told the mod community that mods that add the old music aren't allowed to be hosted there because they think it will be sold as DLC and they don't want to get DMCA'd by Atlus/Sega. The modding discord also banned it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
good

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I played through most of the weekend because I didn't have anything else to do, genuinely very much enjoyed the qol stuff, especially the cell phone emails because I will never memorize anybody schedules.

I finished the beach thing and honestly, the last encounter was kind of funny because of what they turned it into. Bits of it have come back to me so I have caught some of the writing changes

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

so far the roaming around music is v. good but doesn't reach the dizzying height of Signs of Love. then again, what does?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

mitsuru i see chests like this every other level stop it

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Was surprised doing the Strength slink when I heard Cherami Leigh voicing some nameless NPC.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
P3 was always my favorite but tough to recommend because 5 had such huge mechanical improvements. 3R feels like the definitive Persona experience to me now.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Janissary Hop posted:

mitsuru i see chests like this every other level stop it

First Tartarus I got about ten minutes of "X is low on stamina!" before I turned sound off. Mitsuru's barks are the new Momentos music.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
everyone rightly shits on the magician s.link here but chariot is even worse in some ways. the "correct" route is basically encouraging kazushi to permanently cripple himself for the first 8 levels

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

kenji is very annoying and kazushi is not, hope this helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
lol P5 was quite bad and I hate all the qol improvements in this that make it a checklist completion simulator when not in combat.