Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

what is wrong with this man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Nichael posted:

man's gotta eat

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

let me defend this. Junior's Cheesecake, a very delicious cheesecake vendor, offers a fabulous cheesecake. the prices start at $55 and go up.

$8,600 over 10 years is $1,228 a year on cheesecake. or around 22 cheescakes a year. that's only 1 cheesecake every 2 weeks or so.

buying a cheesecake every two weeks is not such a big deal, especially such a delicious cheesecake, as Junior's Cheesecakes makes. like be honest, would you be able to make a scrumptious cheesecake last for 2 weeks? nah you'd down it over a two days, tops.

and as far as cost goes, its still cheaper then spending $5 on coffee every work day. and we all know a cheesecake from Junior's Cheesecake tastes better than even $5 coffee.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

So... The USA is banning, not Muslims specifically, but people from a specific nationplace that happens to be majority Muslim?

Literally what Trump did, lmfao. I guess this is "representatives" and not just any random person but let me illustrate my confidence this won't just be blanket applied to any random Palestinian:

Excelzior posted:

but its not racist this time because the right people are doing it

no its not racist because the people doing it didnt say racist things ahead of doing it

the court decision undoing the muslim ban was extremely silly because the argument being made was quite literally "but trump said racist things ahead of time so it doesnt matter what the actual text of the law says" which has created the one weird trick of "just dont talk about the policies you want to do that way no one can say theyre illegal for being racist"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

jeni's is OUT

junior's is IN

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Meow Tse-tung posted:

what are the decent leftist podcasts these days?

The Jimmy Dore Show
Media Roots Radio
Programmed to Chill
The East is a Podcast
Swampside Chats
Rev Left Radio
Out for Smokes Podcast

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

When the Obamas moved into the White House in 2009, one of the artworks they chose to borrow from the various national collections on offer was Ed Ruscha’s painting I Think I’ll… (1983). The title words swim across a streaky, incandescent sky, accompanied by smaller, drifting phrases such as “MAYBE…YES…,” “WAIT A MINUTE…,” “MAYBE…NO…” It was a pretty hip choice for a presidential family—not a landscape, not a portrait, no horse involved. And it was more than that: after the previous eight years of often catastrophic Oval Office decisiveness, the arrival of a heroic painting about dithering felt like an important strategic and moral corrective. It was also, of course, funny.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

joe rogan

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

the_steve posted:

Many people are saying that they will vote Joe! Many people!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI&pp=ygUhZG96ZW5zIG9mIHVzIGFycmVzdGVkIGRldmVsb3BtZW50

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What is with democratic leadership and their dessert obsessions

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

do these people know that boycotting elections is actually a pretty common tactic to deny legitimacy to a government?

thats only true for governments that are actually illegitimate dummy if you do that to a legitimate government youre just a terrorist

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

thats only true for governments that are actually illegitimate dummy if you do that to a legitimate government youre just a terrorist

simple as

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nichael posted:

Insane sulfur farts

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I want the next majority leader to be really into habaneros

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

let me defend this. Junior's Cheesecake, a very delicious cheesecake vendor, offers a fabulous cheesecake. the prices start at $55 and go up.

$8,600 over 10 years is $1,228 a year on cheesecake. or around 22 cheescakes a year. that's only 1 cheesecake every 2 weeks or so.

buying a cheesecake every two weeks is not such a big deal, especially such a delicious cheesecake, as Junior's Cheesecakes makes. like be honest, would you be able to make a scrumptious cheesecake last for 2 weeks? nah you'd down it over a two days, tops.

and as far as cost goes, its still cheaper then spending $5 on coffee every work day. and we all know a cheesecake from Junior's Cheesecake tastes better than even $5 coffee.

Lmao they must have raised the price over four years bc it was $43 per cake in 2020 when my wife did this same math

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

This is actual Trump behavior, like Trump would do this with Fox

right but msnbc is real news and fox is fake news thats why its good for joe biden to watch msnbc

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Remember when Saddam or Kim or Ghaddafi et al winning elections with 95+% of the vote was sure fire evidence of rigged votes and totalitarian states? Grounds for military intervention and crippling sanctions according to all the serious adults in the room.

Anyway Joe Biden won South Carolina with 96%.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

im no big city political strategist, but shouldn't democrats put swing state(s) at the beginning of their primary season to ensure they get the most popular candidate for said swing state(s)?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Imagine Chuck Schumer, slowly eating cheesecake in 8k video.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Surround sound, top of the line audio for every bit of saliva as he breaks down the cheesed cake in his orifice.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

let them eat cheesecake

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

pedophilia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mind_Taker posted:

im no big city political strategist, but shouldn't democrats put swing state(s) at the beginning of their primary season to ensure they get the most popular candidate for said swing state(s)?

No, they should prioritize states they would never win in a million years because that's where their true constituency lives

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mind_Taker posted:

Democracy and freedom are on the ballot okay?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

can't believe i have to explain basic politics 101 to you :rolleyes:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

loquacius posted:

Lmao they must have raised the price over four years bc it was $43 per cake in 2020 when my wife did this same math

Stencil-ishly: Inflation is down! Stop having bad vibes

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nichael posted:

https://x.com/asmus_kathy/status/1754203508323045872?s=20
no, no the poll is wrong because i talked to a person once

also holy poo poo that number

i wish ny was a swing state. :(

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

cool please choke.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Meow Tse-tung posted:

what are the decent leftist podcasts these days?

Still just E1

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Nichael posted:

Imagine Chuck Schumer, slowly eating cheesecake in 8k video.

[ASMR] Chuck Schumer eats cheesecake in your ears

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Still just E1

Sadly another victim of the breadtube radleft Chapberner Broseph pipeline to the alt-right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Telluric Whistler posted:

Sadly another victim of the breadtube radleft Chapberner Broseph pipeline to the alt-right

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

When the Obamas moved into the White House in 2009, one of the artworks they chose to borrow from the various national collections on offer was Ed Ruscha’s painting I Think I’ll… (1983). The title words swim across a streaky, incandescent sky, accompanied by smaller, drifting phrases such as “MAYBE…YES…,” “WAIT A MINUTE…,” “MAYBE…NO…” It was a pretty hip choice for a presidential family—not a landscape, not a portrait, no horse involved. And it was more than that: after the previous eight years of often catastrophic Oval Office decisiveness, the arrival of a heroic painting about dithering felt like an important strategic and moral corrective. It was also, of course, funny.

id put up the old Nintendo Power pull out posters

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

joepinetree posted:

The 2020 Iowa caucus is still the only example of verifiable, documented vote tampering in a major American election.
Like, we can look at the data reported at the precinct level, the data reported at the state level, point out that a bunch of Bernie votes have been given to someone else, and the response be "sorry, nothing i can do about it."

https://twitter.com/LauraRBelin/status/1233859823768346624

and thats why the iowa caucuses lost their preferential position in the presidential primary process this year thus solving the problem once and for all

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I did it joe! HA HA HA HA HA HA

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

going to go get cheesecake in solidarity with mr schumer

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

What a terrible painting. loving Panera Bread Barnes & Noble Coffee Shop rear end painting.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Toph Bei Fong posted:

What a terrible painting. loving Panera Bread Barnes & Noble Coffee Shop rear end painting.

that black and white poster of the two ladies kissing would be infinitely classier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
wait. to restore the President's standing with the left, they will attack all candidates to his left? who the gently caress wrote this