Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

That's my fault, I asked if it was possible. Smythe is slowly realizing his true power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

Locking FNLN and Frosted Flake in a cave for a year to let them craft the ultimate post

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wouldnt read it

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

lmao for some reason

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Weka posted:

That's my fault, I asked if it was possible. Smythe is slowly realizing his true power

He's beginning to believe

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
i believe probing terrible posts in gassed threads is part of the arc of the moral universe

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vox Nihili posted:

We put in a request with the admins to change the probe reason.

I'll do it

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

Vox Nihili posted:

He's beginning to believe

smythe & cspam

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

speng31b posted:

smythe & cspam

lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

smythe & cspam

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they did a good job. the teenager saw we had many books and asked us "what is your favorite book?" i didn't get a chance to respond cause my partner talks a lot more than i do. the discussion turned to his taste in books - he is an aficionado of the russian classics, especially dostoyevsky. we talked about oblomov a little.

i've used this moving company three times now. so far they have been romanian-ukrainian, romanian-tatar russian, and kyrgyz. every time they have been some of the most memorable conversations I have had those years. 5/5 good vendor

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Man week begins.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Love the Village People. My favs are "In the Navy" and "Macho Man". Greenwich Village ftw

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Frosted Flake posted:

I spent my posting vacation doing research for the pop culture thread. If you want to wait until next week, you’ll have more to do. I’m still taking notes on George Bernard Shaw and Lerner and Loewe, for example, but I’ll probably know enough to post next week.

I think Connor Roy may be a Holy Fool in the Arthurian tradition, like Percival. I just need to wait for the hardcopy of T.H. White's Troubled Heart: Women in The Once and Future King that I put in for through work to come in, because Lady Caroline Alexandra Helena St John Collingwood is a good fit for TH White’s mother from what I remember, and so Morgause (or maybe Mordred?). Once I have that, I think the rest will come together.

Succession > Not Shakespeare > What is it then? > Irma la Douce/My Fair Lady/Gigi > Shavian > 19th century marriage and class > Victorian medievalism > Arthurian cycle > The Holy Fool as deserving of love and redemption.

I think what clinched it was the Italy arc in S3, because then I could use The Arthur of the Italians: The Arthurian Legend in Medieval Italian Literature and Culture and I think it works.
👆👆👆👆👆been saying this👆👆👆👆👆

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I have not been saying that.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

Love the Village People.
- Mao Zedong

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

mawarannahr posted:

- Mao Zedong

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Day 1 of boys week.

Been up since 4:30am. Have drank a full pot of coffee. Have watched 10 and a half hours watching horror game playthroughs. 5 hours of it was puppy's playground.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Have watched 10 and a half hours watching horror game playthroughs.

hmmm

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This youtube playthrough guy named manly manlybadasshero popped up in my feed and his playthroughs are good. I was surprised.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Finally got going on a second Cyberpunk playthrough. Still laughing that they sold two generations of graphic cards with this game. Does look great though.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

This youtube playthrough guy named manly manlybadasshero popped up in my feed and his playthroughs are good. I was surprised.

Hes great for when Im in that twilight state of being alive but unable to function

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
hootington watch summoningsalt's speed run documentaries you will awaken from a fugue state and your family will be back

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

I highly recommend SuperGreatFriend

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mr Hootington posted:

been following him for quite awhile he's indeed good though his habit of narrating text out loud drives me nuts sometimes

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

manly's playthrough of squirrel stapler was what convinced me to get into the dreadx collections

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tomato Gaming is my Chilla Art horror game sherpa. He is a clown that performs for my amusement

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Tomato Gaming is my Chilla Art horror game sherpa. He is a clown that performs for my amusement

I do manly because he's entertaining and he's so jaded by all the shovelware horror he's played over the years that almost nothing surprises him

if I want more serious silent playthroughs of that sort of stuff I do Alpha Beta Gamer who focuses on interesting indie fare of all genres

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

hootington watch summoningsalt's speed run documentaries you will awaken from a fugue state and your family will be back

These got rec'd to me recently and I still have too many GDQ VODs to catch up on but I'm still into it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

been following him for quite awhile he's indeed good though his habit of narrating text out loud drives me nuts sometimes

This is a positive though, because I usually dont actually watch the videos

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

where is ait

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol at the last few pages

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lumpentroll posted:

where is ait

hair transplant surgery - with his severity of baldness he could be under for days...

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

had a really nice day with my family and feeling suffused with warmth and love for mankind...and cspam

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

hair transplant surgery - with his severity of baldness he could be under for days...

:rip:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

feeling suffused with warmth

It's rare to see lobsters enjoying this feeling.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Blizzard may be ending tomorrow. Hoping to return to peace and Normality once this dtorm is past

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

Blizzard may be ending tomorrow. Hoping to return to peace and Normality once this dtorm is past

Blizzlulls

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lobster shirt posted:

had a really nice day with my family and feeling suffused with warmth and love for mankind...and cspam

Those days are the best. What life is all about.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

Giod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

speng31b posted:

smythe & cspam