Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Alaois posted:

Do you people keep your phones shoved up your rear end at all times, who the gently caress ever just notices vibration without sound

We survived for millennia without being constantly reachable, that text can wait 20 min for a response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My phone only rings for work and my mother and it's legit hosed those two have to exist on the same level like that.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Also your phone should constantly be in your hand so you can :justpost:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is this the reason supposedly professional people are allowed to never pick up the phone without consequence? Man, gently caress all of y'all!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Silly Burrito posted:

Random survey time!

I know some people love them, some hate them, some are indifferent. Do you have a custom ringtone or text tone in TYOOL 2024? If so, what do you use?

I am currently using the Harley Quinn theme as a ringtone, and the first three musical notes signifying a MK2 fatality as a text tone. No thanks to iOS 17, which has made it much more complex than it used to be.

ringtone - A Praise Chorus by Jimmy Eat World
alarm - Dust Me Selecta by Gerling
notification tone - the G1 Transformation sound from the 1984 Transformers cartoon

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ringtone: opening bit from A Drug Against War
notification tone: the notification chime from Persona 5

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My parents both have text and phone alerts backwards, where they have a long text notification and a short call notification. My dad has the entire Imperial March from Star Wars as his text, and his call notification is a little chirp, while my mom has some Vivaldi as her text. I suggested they swap them but they did not want to. I keep mine silent or with whatever the default sound is if I am expecting something important, which leads to 10 people feeling their pocket at work when it goes off.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 5, 2024

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

My phone hasn’t made a sound since Obama’s second term.

im hitler
Feb 5, 2024

by Athanatos

Pain of Mind posted:

My parents both have text and phone alerts backwards, where they have a long text notification and a short call notification. My dad has the entire Imperial March from Star Wars as his text, and his call notification is a little chirp, while my mom has some Vivaldi as her text. I suggested they swap them but they did not want to. I keep mine silent or with whatever the default sound is if I am expecting something important, which leads to 10 people feeling their pocket at work when it goes off.

Having a custom ring tone is definitely only an old people thing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
My phones are both only on vibrate and if it's not in my pocket I can hear it vibrate on a surface nearby. Email notifications are all off.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is this the reason supposedly professional people are allowed to never pick up the phone without consequence? Man, gently caress all of y'all!

Hey, I worked hard to get to the point where I could never pick up the phone without consequence.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pain of Mind posted:

When Marimba plays, everyone looks.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I have normal-rear end unmuted ringtones, a fact I regretted yesterday when some girl thought it’d be really funny to spend literally all day prank calling/texting/facetiming the same random number while I furiously tried to figure out how to block her on every single service

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
My last ringtone before I went vibrate only a decade ago was the doogie howser theme

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
No custom sounds here but I should really just go full-time soundless, 90% of the calls that I get are junk anyway. The junk texts have really gone down though, dunno if that's Android getting better at catching them or the spammers building up energy for election season.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

Hey, I worked hard to get to the point where I could never pick up the phone without consequence.

Good dammit Sharon SAP won't save you today. This is a contract violation that needs to be remedied now, which means my members need a loving physical check! Every day they don't get that money is more money you owe them

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Call ringtone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxFlCS1Jcto

Text/notification/alarm ringtone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk

Since there is no football this week I had one more order of chicken wings before I make stock from the leftover bones.

I think As Good As It Gets is my favorite Albert Brooks movie.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Alaois posted:

Do you people keep your phones shoved up your rear end at all times, who the gently caress ever just notices vibration without sound

Vibration makes a sound. Plus, I have an Apple Watch so it vibrates on my arm when I get a notification.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have the purge siren as my ringtone but I don't even have my phone on vibrate or on loud its just on silent silent.

Only exception is if im waiting for a call.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My phone's always on vibrate but my text notification is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liMPWieLMOk

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The rain is pretty crazy. Got a flash flood warning.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Winds nuts up in Big Bear, not expecting snow till 8 am tomorrow

Got about 4 logs chopped and ready for when we lose power at some point

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

And forgot how bad BL3 split screen is, I can’t see poo poo and the UI is tiiiiiny

Talk to Lilith

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 5, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's rained 4 inches at my house today, good thing it's going to rain nonstop until Tuesday. Thankfully it still gets cold in the winter or this might look like global warming

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's rained 4 inches at my house today, good thing it's going to rain nonstop until Tuesday. Thankfully it still gets cold in the winter or this might look like global warming

poo poo I remember the El Niño back when I was in middle school, just endless warm rain, loving loved it

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

Random survey time!

I know some people love them, some hate them, some are indifferent. Do you have a custom ringtone or text tone in TYOOL 2024? If so, what do you use?

I am currently using the Harley Quinn theme as a ringtone, and the first three musical notes signifying a MK2 fatality as a text tone. No thanks to iOS 17, which has made it much more complex than it used to be.

Oh man, I set up a ton of them when I first discovered Audacity like 8 years ago and still use a few. Like, when my parents' landline calls me it triggers the hook from Dream Theater's "Home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9zcEj5ez8k&t=283s

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Random survey time!

On the extremely rare occasions that my phone is not on Silent or Vibrate (i.e. I'm waiting for a very important call or text), the ringtone is Battle Against a True Hero from Undertale faded in over the first 5 seconds, and the notification sound is Navi yelling HEY

Also yeah most of the time it's on silent and I get vibrate notifications on my smartwatch

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 5, 2024

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've been all vibe for several years now, but I think my first custom ringtone was an excerpt from Born Slippy (Underworld), later I switched it to an excerpt of Call On Me (Eric Prydz). I use the Land Of Chocolate music from The Simpsons as my alarm, and set that as my ringtone on my brother's phone.

My sister was using the door chime from ST:TNG as her text notification, but switched it to something else recently.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just remembered on my first brick phone in 2004 I paid like $2 for a ring tone of Sirius Instrumental by Alan Parsons Project.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
2004 was about as small as phones ever got. Brick phones are from 1987

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ether Frenzy posted:

2004 was about as small as phones ever got. Brick phones are from 1987

I promise you the one I had was a brick.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

a sexual elk posted:

And forgot how bad BL3 split screen is, I can’t see poo poo and the UI is tiiiiiny

Talk to Lilith

I think BL3 was the last game I preordered, and will likely be the last game I ever preorder. I don't think I played it more than 30 minutes.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

2 was their peak, love TPs, 3 is pretty meh. Tinas Wonderland is definitely an upgrade over 3.

Poison witch assassin owns bones and is an unstoppable force using a Blue tier gun slaying the gently caress out of bosses

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Think wife was getting frustrated soloing BL2 with Maya at level 67. So she’s been wanting to do a bl3 run, we’re level 15ish already with an Amara/Fl4k combo.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

2 was their peak, love TPs, 3 is pretty meh. Tinas Wonderland is definitely an upgrade over 3.

Poison witch assassin owns bones and is an unstoppable force using a Blue tier gun slaying the gently caress out of bosses

I tried playing Tina's Wonderland (thats the one where she narrates everything as a DM right) and played as the sniper/assassin character and it felt awful. It was a free game on PS5 so I was thinking about rerolling if I could get some confidence it would be better on another character.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

There’s a Tina D&D for bl2 and 3, the 3 one is fun cause you can mix classes, Pally Druid? Hell yeah go for it. Necro archer? Sure why not

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 5, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I think the free one I got was for BL2, it just had all those characters. All the enemies were bullet sponges and it loved spawning over-leveled guys I couldn't kill.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I think the free one I got was for BL2, it just had all those characters. All the enemies were bullet sponges and it loved spawning over-leveled guys I couldn't kill.

Yeah BL2, that one’s haaaard

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Has anyone tried Google play games? It seems like a lot of trash but it's got KOTOR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The first two are the best, and BL2 is the best one

I've been replaying the first one and I realized I never did any of the dlc for it, oops