Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looks like youth crime is back in the spotlight in QLD again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

JBP posted:

Another boring take on an article about financial literacy. Don't bother doing what you can with reality just have a cry about it online.

Oh how silly of me, I now see how it's the fault of the drat tiktoks, and not a structural problem. We just need to focus on budgeting, that will solve the problem of wage growth not keeping up with increasing costs. Placing the onus on the individual to solve social problems always works, just as it has with drugs, climate change and sexual assault. Really, it's an individual moral failing if your HECS debt was deliberately increased through coalition policy.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Captain Theron posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-05/young-money-story-trailblazer-financial-literacy/103390874
Yes, the problem is the youth are poor at identifying what has value or not. It's also their fault that HECS debts are higher, they should have negotiated a better price for their degree.

The youth do in fact have poor financial literacy though as does every other generation

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Nobody is judging you lol chill out. Someone out of uni on $100k won't know what to do with it because nobody ever tells you in school. It's not a moral judgement.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Theron posted:

Oh how silly of me, I now see how it's the fault of the drat tiktoks, and not a structural problem. We just need to focus on budgeting, that will solve the problem of wage growth not keeping up with increasing costs. Placing the onus on the individual to solve social problems always works, just as it has with drugs, climate change and sexual assault. Really, it's an individual moral failing if your HECS debt was deliberately increased through coalition policy.

Dont touch the poop

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Captain Theron posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-05/young-money-story-trailblazer-financial-literacy/103390874
Yes, the problem is the youth are poor at identifying what has value or not. It's also their fault that HECS debts are higher, they should have negotiated a better price for their degree.

I read this whole article and was thoroughly confused, they made it out as if this man was going to help young people get people prices for things. Then he talked about how he was teaching kids what superannuation is.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Konomex posted:

I read this whole article and was thoroughly confused, they made it out as if this man was going to help young people get people prices for things. Then he talked about how he was teaching kids what superannuation is.

It really is that business school tweet:

Like I'm all for financial literacy. In a previous career I wrote finance 101 articles, like what super is and how to not be screwed through fees on life insurance and multiple super accounts.
But it's just ridiculous to claim as evidence of poor financial literacy the fact that younger people have less assets, lower incomes and greater debt than older, wealthier generations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
ABC really taking their foot off the pedal by running those articles on the Abbot/Turnbull/Morrison years.

Not saying it's not interesting, but it's the journalistic equivalent of naval gazing and just loving play the tapes rather than engaging in a big circle jerk about it.

God the ABC is so poo poo these days, I loved the unironic "well the housing crisis is so bad in QLD but the upside is that it's easy to break lease" like shut the gently caress up and do some journalism rather than parroting whatever real estate agents are saying

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The ABC is a content mill managed by some Netflix c-suite guy. I think SBS also has a Netflix guy running the show.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
and don’t get me started on this latest grand designs abomination

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
things are worse than they used to be

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Captain Theron posted:

if it makes you feel any better/worse, that article is probably the business council (or other bunch of pigs) counter strategy for this report: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/feb/05/no-way-to-budget-out-of-cost-of-living-crisis-for-low-income-earners-report-finds

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Nemesis was good, I quite enjoyed Turnbull calling Peter Dutton a thug on national television

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

G-Spot Run posted:

if it makes you feel any better/worse, that article is probably the business council (or other bunch of pigs) counter strategy for this report: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/feb/05/no-way-to-budget-out-of-cost-of-living-crisis-for-low-income-earners-report-finds

Well that doesn't make me feel better at all!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Nemesis was good, I quite enjoyed Turnbull calling Peter Dutton a thug on national television

MrsMG has been watching it and loving it but putting cranks like Craig Kelly on the television should be a fire-able offence

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/JacintaAllanMP/status/1754378841244696655

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Exec summary, sections, and costings added.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Wizard Master posted:

Looks like youth crime is back in the spotlight in QLD again

birdstrike posted:

and don’t get me started on this latest grand designs abomination

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Exec summary, sections, and costings added.

i literally asked chat gpt to make an exec summary for you, it's not perfect and it claiming there are comprehensive costings is a laugh but whatever

Objective:
This proposal outlines a comprehensive plan for the development of a revolutionary Sydney Cycle Super Highway, aiming to enhance sustainable transportation, promote a healthier lifestyle, and alleviate traffic congestion in the city.

Overview:
The Sydney Cycle Super Highway project is designed to create a dedicated and interconnected network of bike lanes throughout the city, providing a safe and efficient route for cyclists. The proposal is based on the article by Daniel Ed Morrison, "Sydney Cycle Super Highway," and incorporates key elements to address the growing need for sustainable and alternative modes of transportation.

Key Features:

Dedicated Bike Lanes: Establishing dedicated and well-marked bike lanes along major roadways to ensure the safety of cyclists and encourage more people to choose cycling as a mode of transportation.

Interconnected Network: Creating a seamless network of bike paths that connect key neighborhoods, business districts, and public transportation hubs, facilitating easy and efficient travel for cyclists.

Infrastructure Improvement: Enhancing existing infrastructure, such as bike racks, repair stations, and secure storage facilities, to further support and encourage cycling.

Integration with Public Transport: Developing strategies to integrate cycling infrastructure with existing public transportation systems, allowing for a smooth transition between cycling and other modes of transit.

Safety Measures: Implementing safety measures, including traffic signals and signage, to ensure the protection of cyclists and promote responsible sharing of the road with other vehicles.

Benefits:

Sustainability: Promotes a sustainable and eco-friendly mode of transportation, reducing carbon emissions and contributing to the city's environmental goals.

Health and Well-being: Encourages a healthier lifestyle by providing residents with a safe and convenient option for physical activity through cycling.

Traffic Congestion Reduction: Alleviates traffic congestion by offering an alternative transportation option, particularly for short to medium-distance trips.

Economic Impact: Boosts the local economy by attracting more cyclists to businesses along the cycle superhighway and creating opportunities for bike-related services and infrastructure.

Cost and Funding:
The proposal includes a comprehensive cost estimate for the Sydney Cycle Super Highway project, detailing both initial investment and potential sources of funding, such as public-private partnerships, grants, and government allocations.

Conclusion:
The Sydney Cycle Super Highway represents a forward-thinking solution to the city's transportation challenges, aligning with global trends toward sustainable urban development. By investing in cycling infrastructure, Sydney can position itself as a leader in eco-friendly and health-conscious urban planning.

This proposal invites key decision-makers, including councillors, members of parliament, and senior public servants, to support and champion the Sydney Cycle Super Highway project, fostering a more sustainable and vibrant future for the city.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

i literally asked chat gpt to make an exec summary for you, it's not perfect and it claiming there are comprehensive costings is a laugh but whatever

Objective:
This proposal outlines a comprehensive plan for the development of a revolutionary Sydney Cycle Super Highway, aiming to enhance sustainable transportation, promote a healthier lifestyle, and alleviate traffic congestion in the city.

Overview:
The Sydney Cycle Super Highway project is designed to create a dedicated and interconnected network of bike lanes throughout the city, providing a safe and efficient route for cyclists. The proposal is based on the article by Daniel Ed Morrison, "Sydney Cycle Super Highway," and incorporates key elements to address the growing need for sustainable and alternative modes of transportation.

Key Features:

Dedicated Bike Lanes: Establishing dedicated and well-marked bike lanes along major roadways to ensure the safety of cyclists and encourage more people to choose cycling as a mode of transportation.

Interconnected Network: Creating a seamless network of bike paths that connect key neighborhoods, business districts, and public transportation hubs, facilitating easy and efficient travel for cyclists.

Infrastructure Improvement: Enhancing existing infrastructure, such as bike racks, repair stations, and secure storage facilities, to further support and encourage cycling.

Integration with Public Transport: Developing strategies to integrate cycling infrastructure with existing public transportation systems, allowing for a smooth transition between cycling and other modes of transit.

Safety Measures: Implementing safety measures, including traffic signals and signage, to ensure the protection of cyclists and promote responsible sharing of the road with other vehicles.

Benefits:

Sustainability: Promotes a sustainable and eco-friendly mode of transportation, reducing carbon emissions and contributing to the city's environmental goals.

Health and Well-being: Encourages a healthier lifestyle by providing residents with a safe and convenient option for physical activity through cycling.

Traffic Congestion Reduction: Alleviates traffic congestion by offering an alternative transportation option, particularly for short to medium-distance trips.

Economic Impact: Boosts the local economy by attracting more cyclists to businesses along the cycle superhighway and creating opportunities for bike-related services and infrastructure.

Cost and Funding:
The proposal includes a comprehensive cost estimate for the Sydney Cycle Super Highway project, detailing both initial investment and potential sources of funding, such as public-private partnerships, grants, and government allocations.

Conclusion:
The Sydney Cycle Super Highway represents a forward-thinking solution to the city's transportation challenges, aligning with global trends toward sustainable urban development. By investing in cycling infrastructure, Sydney can position itself as a leader in eco-friendly and health-conscious urban planning.

This proposal invites key decision-makers, including councillors, members of parliament, and senior public servants, to support and champion the Sydney Cycle Super Highway project, fostering a more sustainable and vibrant future for the city.

THANK YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Chat GPT copy is so gross, but that’s a handy little structure I guess, thanks

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I'm glad bucky is brave enough to risk the bannhammer to get the word out about his revolutionary idea: sydney should have more bike paths

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
https://twitter.com/LainShep/status/1754610467824431125

No ring

Andrews!...oh wait

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 6, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Last one in the goatse tunnel is a rotten egg

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's not very goatse-ish but it annoys me that one hand has more structure to it and the other is more rounded and cartoony.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
You could design a better goatse tunnel

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Non Compos Mentis posted:

You could design a better goatse tunnel

I would make a tunnel so red and glistening, and some anatomically plausible and stylistically consistent hands

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
/sighs as he unsheaths photoshop

E: and before anyone asks .....

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 6, 2024

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

A week after the ABC took a big poo poo on renters, they unzipped their trousers again to be the REIQs media arm again

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-06/real-estate-lobby-blames-cfmeu-for-queensland-housing-shortage/103431238

Lol okay

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Autisanal Cheese posted:

https://twitter.com/verynormalman/status/1754469744080756740

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I really thought I was going to like it. Shadenfrauden out the wazzoo, dickheads being mean to each other, world famous faceplants to revisit but after ten minutes I realised I already never wanted to see any of those toxic gently caress muppets ever again, even to spit on them.

I know I have thrown the Productivity Commission under the bus on every occassion that has become available. This time :shrug:

https://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/completed/closing-the-gap-review#report

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-07/closing-the-gap/103432806

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/feb/07/closing-the-gap-agreement-indigenous-outcomes-update-reforms

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

/sighs as he unsheaths photoshop

E: and before anyone asks .....

A true work of art.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

if i was trying to criticise the state of israel while not being called an antisemite I'd probably avoid saying that the jews have their tentacles everywhere but I guess that's why I'll never be a Greens MP

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://x.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1754837440047776070?s=20

but also even more hilarious in context:

https://x.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1754833827313455120?s=20

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

DRINK ME posted:

And not on some darkweb market which got taken over by the authorities or was a honeypot, he posted it on Facebook. I wonder what he thought the outcome was, friends and strangers giving him internet high fives? Actually a million dollars or thereabouts?

Stupid move, but there was a time quite recently when there were a lot of Facebook groups with people openly selling drugs and stuff that survived for quite a while.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

if i was trying to criticise the state of israel while not being called an antisemite I'd probably avoid saying that the jews have their tentacles everywhere but I guess that's why I'll never be a Greens MP

who loving cares, it was a cartoon from before she was born.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Laserface posted:

who loving cares, it was a cartoon from before she was born.

what?

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

they are mistakenly thinking hack antisemite political cartoonists stopped drawing the "jewish octopus spreading its tentacles across the world" sort of thing at some point instead of continuing to do it regularly

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looks like Coles is doubling down on being poo poo https://theconversation.com/solving-the-supermarket-why-coles-just-hired-us-defence-contractor-palantir-222883

quote:

First, by inking this deal, Coles frames itself as future-forward and logistically driven. Groceries and grocery-store labour become more data, just like the hedge funds, healthcare, or immigrants that other Palantir clients coordinate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Reading this sentence

quote:

These engineers work with different branches and stakeholders to bring the data together into a single compatible whole called “The Ontology”, which contains all the information deemed relevant.

And making the jerkoff motion so emphatically that I sprain my wrist