Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
XBox always makes me think of:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Limp Bizkit are having a little nostalgia resurgence right now and Fred Durst seems to have accepted that he’s a caricature of a human being and leaned all the way into it.

Xbox could never.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It's just funny how 20 years on it has no cultural relevance or value whatsoever.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Even after being primarily a PS user since 2016, I still find Xbox online services better by a mile than PSN. Like cloud saves are completely free while you need PS+ to have that. Other than online services, yeah I prefer PlayStation.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I like the look of the current Xboxes a lot more than the current PlayStation

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I said come in! posted:

Granblue Relink is loving amazing, everyone buy it. Game scratches that RPG grinding itch that I have been wanting for so long.

I'm not trying to be rude but are there more positives to the game than grinding to sell us on it?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Here's some more damming things on xbox

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1754361009215541532?s=20

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Was about to post that, lol yeah. Ai comunity managers and ads on gamepass, incredible.

I dont understand more people buying ones tho what the hell, wiiu situation?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

ads on gamepass

loving kill me

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Jim Ryan murdered xbox and then retired

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yikes.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I was always a Nintendo person growing up, though I had a PS and PS1 second-hand. Real glad I got the PS5 though, been very happy with it, nice piece of kit. Sad that the XBox is struggling so! MS unfortunately is just a quite dysfunctional company. Their research division is the same - they do some great stuff and then they get utterly hosed by priorities shifting and everything goes wrong.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Microsoft spent 100 billion dollars to acquire all these studios to put an inferior product out on the field. It pains me to say this, but they truly are the New York Mets of video games.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

360 was pretty cool at the time, and it has one of the more beloved controllers.

I haven't bought an xbox since then, naturally we all know the PS4 razed the xbox and left it in ashes, but the 360 era I have some fond memories of. I did have a PS3 as well, in 2008 with MGS4 naturally, but mostly multiplatform games I preferred on 360 for various reasons, dare I say. Not that we need to pick brand loyalty, and hey Sony does own everything, they even own the anime streaming services. They got my money.

Also I should mention my first PS1 died really quick too, and that's a known thing, so it's not just 360 I had to get two of. That's a tie for me. Other than that no consoles have croaked on me other than many years in. Well my PS2 stopped reading dual layer discs, obscure issue.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 5, 2024

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

I like the look of the current Xboxes a lot more than the current PlayStation

I don’t, I have enough boring black rectangles in my life.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This is what happens when you dont have a popped collar

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Heavy Metal posted:

Dig those top game lists! Cool stuff folks, here's my top 50 or so, not in an exact order. Long live games.

1. MGS3
2. MGS4
3. MGSV: The Phantom Pain (& GZ)
4. Doom Eternal (& Doom 2016)
5. Duke Nukem 3D
6. Max Payne (and 2)
7. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
8. MGS: The Twin Snakes
9. Final Fantasy 7
10. Resident Evil 4
MGS2
GTA Vice City
Half-Life 2
Death Stranding
GTA5
Yakuza 0
GTA3
Quest for Glory (VGA remake)
Super Mario 64 (Honorable M to Mario in general)
Mega Man 2 (and 3)
Space Quest 5
Space Quest 4
Red Dead Redemption 2
Half-Life 2
Sonic the Hedgehog (and 2)
Quest for Glory 2
Quest for Glory 3
Silent Hill 2
Quest for Glory 4
Street Fighter 6
Cyberpunk 2077
King of Fighters '99 Evolution
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (& Tears)
Space Quest (VGA remake)
SoulCalibur 6
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (and the rest)
The Ultimate Doom (and Doom 2)
Dragon Quest 8
King of Fighters 98 (Dream Match 99 on DC)
40. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
41. Garou: Mark of the Wolves
42. Action Half-Life
43. Mass Effect 2
44. Tomb Raider Anniversary
45. Twisted Metal 2
46. Tales of Symphonia
47. Duke Nukem Forever (request diplomatic immunity)
48. God of War II (2007)
49. Hitman Absolution (and the series overall)
50. Power Stone

Ahhh cool stuff! I had to Google what Power Stone was. I always feel like I missed out on so much Dreamcast stuff

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on! For me it was like the perfect arcade port station, just such a great collection of fighting games too. Even just yesterday at a party we were playing Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Powerstone 1+2 are all timers. Probably rented them dozens of times over the years.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's just funny how 20 years on it has no cultural relevance or value whatsoever.

Xbox or limp bizkit?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Limp Bizkit definitely has more cultural relevance than Xbox

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'll play blinx the time sweeper 5 more times before I ever listen to chocolate starfish again

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I don't really have a top 50 games or anything but I'm pretty certain that Outer Wilds is #1 on whatever list I make.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Harlock posted:

Starfield is so bad it broke an entire console ecosystem

You probably have no idea how true this really is.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ff14 on xbox is doa btw

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

AI community managers is the most dystopian poo poo.

Also, it’s a weird twist of fate that buying Acti-Bliz killed Xbox by causing the rest of Microsoft corporate to realise they exist.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Played Nobody Saves the World for a bit last night. I almost skipped it because the title and art made it look like one of those throwaway indie games EGS hands out as freebies, but it’s definitely not that. It’s a pretty well designed Drinkbox Studios action rpg.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Vikar Jerome posted:

ff14 on xbox is doa btw

And just to back this up, Playstation makes a specific exception that you don't need to be subscribed to ps+ to play ff14.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

ff14 on xbox is doa btw

Lol what why

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Talking about Xbox in the PlayStation thread.

Talking about PlayStation in the Xbox thread.

I love this forum.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

univbee posted:

Talking about Xbox in the PlayStation thread.

Talking about PlayStation in the Xbox thread.

I love this forum.

a lot of lol going on in that thread from people who made bad decisions back in 2020

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

mysterious frankie posted:

Played Nobody Saves the World for a bit last night. I almost skipped it because the title and art made it look like one of those throwaway indie games EGS hands out as freebies, but it’s definitely not that. It’s a pretty well designed Drinkbox Studios action rpg.

Yeah I was ready to throw it into the 'pass' pile after the first few minutes, but I ended up putting a lot of time into it on the lead up to IW. Gameplay itself was a surprisingly nice loop for me. Just got ng+ left before I get the platinum.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shame that Microsofts lovely plan to crush competitors by eating massive costs on gamepass didn't work. Real shame that. lol. Enjoy your ads each time you launch a game.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I downloaded Arkham Knight last night hoping it'd take the edge of the disappointment of Suicide Squad, and then I noticed Gotham Knights came out on PS+?? So I downloaded that too, although all I actually played this weekend was Tekken (and my secret shameful LoL ARAMs).

I know I'm going to get an overwhelming chorus of people saying to play Arkham Knight... but like, is there really nothing to enjoy with Gotham Knights? I'm always a sucker for newer games with PS5-quality graphics and DualSense haptics and stuff. And I already played Arkham Knight, although that was years ago on release and I don't think I ever finished it.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

There's no way to scale up production of the Series X whatsoever, and the Series S severely limits development opportunities.

Why can't they scale up Series X production? Agreed on the S, though, that was such an enormous unforced error. IDK how they determined having a second sku for $100 cheaper was worth holding back their entire game library so it could run on the weaker hardware.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 5, 2024

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress yea Starfield and Indiana Jones and Elder Scrolls 6 on my one console.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

GreenNight posted:

gently caress yea Starfield and Indiana Jones and Elder Scrolls 6 on my one console.

I feel like Gamepass was almost giving up the console war right there, actually. I've always had a decent gaming PC, so why would I buy an XBox to play games I can play on my PC when I can get a PS5 and play console exclusives that wouldn't otherwise be available?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Shammypants posted:

Shame that Microsofts lovely plan to crush competitors by eating massive costs on gamepass didn't work. Real shame that. lol. Enjoy your ads each time you launch a game.

Don't be too smug about it. This just means more ads for everyone, because another big player is introducing ads. Prime is doing it for streaming, Gamepass is doing it for ganes. Soon it will be "normal" to have ads everywhere. And Sony wont be late to hat party either.

Ads are a plague that needs to be scorched from the face of the earth. But sadly capitalism won and we will soon be drowned in this poo poo even in the media we use to escape the capitalist hellhole around us.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I used to game on my PC often but now I'm an old who has been in IT for 20+ years and I can't be hosed to touch my PC at home.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hopper posted:

Don't be too smug about it. This just means more ads for everyone, because another big player is introducing ads. Prime is doing it for streaming, Gamepass is doing it for ganes. Soon it will be "normal" to have ads everywhere. And Sony wont be late to hat party either.

Ads are a plague that needs to be scorched from the face of the earth. But sadly capitalism won and we will soon be drowned in this poo poo even in the media we use to escape the capitalist hellhole around us.

It doesn't mean that and it doesn't mean PS5 prices will skyrocket and it doesn't mean gamepass is coming to PS5 and Switch and Steamdeck. There are a lot of overreactions right now and they don't make any logical sense.

Sony is set to make a ton of money selling an expanded suite of games- but they also want to jam ads onto the PS5?

Microsoft wants to get away from paying a billion or two a year for gamepass titles, yet they want to get gamepass on the PS5 instead of just directly selling games?

PS5 prices are industry standard, online services will likely cost less as they need to provide less free games to compete with a dying Gamepass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

US PS5s already have a full page of ads on the Home Screen when you start the console up, don’t they? :911: